• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I think we need a new back-up keeper. If Lloris was out for 2 months and we had to play Hart we’d be screwed. This guy is 26, Italian international (1 cap), played in a major European league…kind of fits our profile

But I agree that other positions are higher priority, in particular CB.

As long as it doesn’t prevent us getting the CBs we want due to the price and our limited funds, then no problem. Trying to sign positions order of priority would be impossible

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I don’t disagree we need a new keeper
But £20m plus is a lot when we have priorities than are glaringly more key to the issues
I do agree hart isn’t one we want starting but then is dier, serge, Sanchez, sisosko etc….

Just read palace have paid £18m for a Chelsea reserve lad…. EIGHTEEN a MILLION

that must value Dier and Sanchez at about £50m
And winks too
fudging scary really

Get ready for the usual transfer day deadline bargain basement purchases that Danny loves to make! Paratici has all this to learn - he will line up a couple of deals soon and Danny will say, nah, lets keep them waiting until deadline day and then we can shave a couple of £m off the fee you have agreed - !!!

He'll never change - usual modus operandi - brinkmanship hoping to get a couple of £m off...

Really worked with Grealish - from everything I have read and researched, the dozy so and so thought he could get Jack at a really knock down price and was playing the waiting game when new owners came along and said we don't need to sell...

you snooze, you lose...

one day we might get better at this transfer lark but not betting on it :(

Get ready for the usual transfer day deadline bargain basement purchases that Danny loves to make! Paratici has all this to learn - he will line up a couple of deals soon and Danny will say, nah, lets keep them waiting until deadline day and then we can shave a couple of £m off the fee you have agreed - !!!

He'll never change - usual modus operandi - brinkmanship hoping to get a couple of £m off...

Really worked with Grealish - from everything I have read and researched, the dozy so and so thought he could get Jack at a really knock down price and was playing the waiting game when new owners came along and said we don't need to sell...

you snooze, you lose...

And if we do decent transfers then I'm sure you'll be as silent as the grave and instead just wait for the next perceived misstep by Levy that you can squawk about instead.

This brand of support seems like great fun, I'll convert. I'm sure it'll do me good to vent negative feelings so repeatedly and publicly in such a toxic blend of knowing cynicism and pre-pubescent tantrums.

And if we do decent transfers then I'm sure you'll be as silent as the grave and instead just wait for the next perceived misstep by Levy that you can squawk about instead.

This brand of support seems like great fun, I'll convert. I'm sure it'll do me good to vent negative feelings so repeatedly and publicly in such a toxic blend of knowing cynicism and pre-pubescent tantrums.

Wait a minute, levy does operate like this no matter how you want to try to gloss over it.

All for getting behind the team and being a happy clapper and burying my head in the sand.

So instead of being condescending why not have a little balance. You do know fans are allowed to not think that Levy is amazing and that our transfer strategy is seriously flawed.

I get the need to be patient but our team has so many deficiencies that need to be addressed. With time ticking we are not any closer at the moment, so naturally any fan would have their concerns, especially going by our track record in the market under Levy.

The rhetoric will be, look at other clubs and the business that they have yet to do etc, but perhaps they are not in need of a massive shake up as our team needs currently.

And what makes you so sure about and how the poster will react? Do you know him? And when was the last time we had a window that actually shut people up under Levy? There will always be people happy to debate the situation. Its a forum.

Last edited:
for some people no matter what Levy does it will never be enough, for other they can see no wrong, as with all things in life the truth lies ( ;) ) somewhere in the middle.

We have made some great signings in the past and no doubt we will in the future and we have missed out on some as well and will no doubt do the same again and to be honest I'm fine with that.

I might do everyone good if we, maybe just for a while, laid off the vitriol over things that have not yet happened, what do you think?

Wait a minute, levy does operate like this no matter how you want to try to gloss over it.

All for getting behind the team and being a happy clapper and burying my head in the sand.

So instead of being condescending why not have a little balance. You do know fans are allowed to not think that Levy is amazing and that our transfer strategy is seriously flawed.

I get the need to be patient but our team has so many deficiencies that need to be addressed. With time ticking we are not any closer at the moment, so naturally any fan would have their concerns, especially going by our track record in the market under Levy.

The rhetoric will be, look at other clubs and the business that they have yet to do etc, but perhaps they are not in need of a massive shake up as our team needs currently.

And what makes you so sure about and how the poster will react? Do you know him? And when was the last time we had a window that actually shut people up under Levy? There will always be people happy to debate the situation. Its a forum.

I figured I'd exaggerate a little and go to the opposite extreme as there's usually a lot of posts missing balance that skew the other way.

Just read palace have paid £18m for a Chelsea reserve lad…. EIGHTEEN a MILLION

that must value Dier and Sanchez at about £50m
And winks too
fudging scary really
Big difference though is the wage that the player demands. I expect that Palace were able to sign Guehi on around £30k a week whereas Dier and Sanchez are being paid around 3 times that at Spurs. Palace seem to be making good signings recently for a club of their level.... Eze, Olise and Guehi are all very promising young players with an added advantage of being English. I would've liked us to have signed either of the first two of those players, though I don't think Guehi is what we need at CB (we need a top class player who can come in and dominate immediately as opposed to a younger who can improve and grow their way into the role).

you snooze, you lose...

Let's wait and see.... The window is still young. Levy has now moved aside (hopefully he really has) and Paratici is in charge of transfers. In a few weeks' time we'll know whether or not that shake up has been successful or not.

But Levy isn't running the transfers anymore, Paratici is, you know the exact thing fans have been asking for?

And for all intents and purposes, even though Levy obviously has some say, Paratici supposedly has won his first battle with getting Nuno.

Debate is fine, but when it simply becomes "the sky is falling" and "levy is skint" in every answer, not sure it's a discussion. It's like when people say "we always sell our best players" and when asked for examples refer to players than we sold between 8 and 13 fudging years ago (with zero acknowledgement that Spurs today and Spurs 13 years ago, aren't the same club)

Big difference though is the wage that the player demands. I expect that Palace were able to sign Guehi on around £30k a week whereas Dier and Sanchez are being paid around 3 times that at Spurs. Palace seem to be making good signings recently for a club of their level.... Eze, Olise and Guehi are all very promising young players with an added advantage of being English. I would've liked us to have signed either of the first two of those players, though I don't think Guehi is what we need at CB (we need a top class player who can come in and dominate immediately as opposed to a younger who can improve and grow their way into the role).
Didn’t know they signed Olise
They are going for the young sell on model now which is IMO a great set up for them
I agree with the wages but that transfer fee is mental

Last edited:

I doubt Dier was being paid 30K/week when we signed him (for a grand total of £4M), he's had at least 3 contract updates since we got him, hence the wages now. Davidson is on 65K now.

Point about Palace signings valid, even if I'm not sure they quite are as good with wages as you think (considering Zaha)

But Levy isn't running the transfers anymore, Paratici is, you know the exact thing fans have been asking for?

And for all intents and purposes, even though Levy obviously has some say, Paratici supposedly has won his first battle with getting Nuno.

Debate is fine, but when it simply becomes "the sky is falling" and "levy is skint" in every answer, not sure it's a discussion. It's like when people say "we always sell our best players" and when asked for examples refer to players than we sold between 8 and 13 fudging years ago (with zero acknowledgement that Spurs today and Spurs 13 years ago, aren't the same club)

Well I don't know for sure if Patrici is the one doing transfers without Levy being involved in how much capacity. On this one I think we will have to see how and where we strike deals to see Levys input.

You have made a point about Levy selling our best players and fans going on about it, I don't think the OP made this point. However fans will be fans and kick up a fuss whenever top players are sold and remember it too.

We have come along way as has the game, you have less fashionable clubs holding on to players due to the market and being richer.

I guess we all should just wait and see if there actually is a change in our strategy.... something that most fans wanted.

I would be astonished if Levy doesnt either lead the negotiation of financial aspects of transfers, or if his final consent isn't needed in the event that Paratici is leading the negotiations

It would actually be pretty poor corporate governance

Not necessarily. Poor corporate governance would be setting someone a budget and then allowing that to be exceeded without sign-off.
I imagine Levy might have input to give seeing that anyone bought in is going to be representing the club on the pitch but if Paratici can justify his actions, within the budget constraints, then I don't see that Levy should be involved, unless he is asked to do so by Paratici.

Not necessarily. Poor corporate governance would be setting someone a budget and then allowing that to be exceeded without sign-off.
I imagine Levy might have input to give seeing that anyone bought in is going to be representing the club on the pitch but if Paratici can justify his actions, within the budget constraints, then I don't see that Levy should be involved, unless he is asked to do so by Paratici.

Not that there is any way of proving it, but I don't agree. My experience is from corporates in other industries, rather than football, but here the company that is Spurs have a relatively stable cost base and limited capex outflows, other than the step-change things like the stadium. The one big swing factor and unpredictable item in our cash spend any year will be transfer fees.

Maybe Paratici will have a free-hand over small deals, but anything meaningful (say £2m or over, or wages over £30k pw) I would expect would require Levy's ok. This would be needed both at a Tottenham level (ie director fiduciary duties to apply oversight) and ENIC would want it as a controlling shareholder.

You're entitled to your views, but not sure I share them!!

Not that there is any way of proving it, but I don't agree. My experience is from corporates in other industries, rather than football, but here the company that is Spurs have a relatively stable cost base and limited capex outflows, other than the step-change things like the stadium. The one big swing factor and unpredictable item in our cash spend any year will be transfer fees.

Maybe Paratici will have a free-hand over small deals, but anything meaningful (say £2m or over, or wages over £30k pw) I would expect would require Levy's ok. This would be needed both at a Tottenham level (ie director fiduciary duties to apply oversight) and ENIC would want it as a controlling shareholder.

You're entitled to your views, but not sure I share them!!

Of course it would require sign off

But requiring sign off isn't what the accusation above was, which is effectively Levy stepping into Paratici's negotiations and telling him timeline and offers

Back