• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I'd be surprised to see anyone pay £30M for anyone but the top 2-3 Keepers in the world, the football economy just isn't there, Bayern just paid less than that for a young CB that is widely considered the one of the best in Europe.

Thats where his release clause was though, so that price (for Upemecano) was set at the time of his last contract.

I think West Ham might get to the £25m-£30m range which I mentioned. Obviously if the player were to aggitate for a move to Spurs, it would help

Pope has worse kicking than Lloris, it is the worst in the league.

I just saw Sabitzer tossing off with Jordan Henderson, fist bumps all round and now it is kicking off.

Upmecano is arguably the best young CB in Europe and had gone for £38m...
That’s a reference that would put a base value on a proven player
The English factor is one aspect to consider

He only went for that because he had a release clause, I'd imagine without it he might fetch 60-70m.

Pope has worse kicking than Lloris, it is the worst in the league.

I just saw Sabitzer tossing off with Jordan Henderson, fist bumps all round and now it is kicking off.
They were tossing then fisting each other, and then had a fight?

True
But that’s a bench mark
Issue is of course the selling club hold the cards in the Konsa situation
It’s the exact reason why it’s not a benchmark.

If we offered £50m for Konsa I think they’d turn it down. Villa seem an ambitious club that want to keep rising.

‘There are loads of good CHs in that list of players I posted.... pretty much any two of those would do IMO.

It’s the exact reason why it’s not a benchmark.

If we offered £50m for Konsa I think they’d turn it down. Villa seem an ambitious club that want to keep rising.

‘There are loads of good CHs in that list of players I posted.... pretty much any two of those would do IMO.

I watch a lot of German football and Ginter has leadership qualities that we are lacking.

I think it's going to be really difficult to move players on this summer and that will probably result in very few incoming players.
Get back to work finding us a stadium sponsor please Daniel!.... and a DoF as well please to get you as far away from transfers as possible so that the above doesn't become reality.

I watch a lot of German football and Ginter has leadership qualities that we are lacking.
Yep. Good player at good stage of his career for a move to the prem. Elvedi is another with only a year left. Could pick up a ready made very good partnership there!

Get back to work finding us a stadium sponsor please Daniel!.... and a DoF as well please to get you as far away from transfers as possible so that the above doesn't become reality.

Yep. Good player at good stage of his career for a move to the prem. Elvedi is another with only a year left. Could pick up a ready made very good partnership there!

I thought the same thing about picking up a partnership as well. Their manager moving to Dortmund might have an impact on the squad. Would happily take zakira and Thuram. Cant remember a club ever signing 4 players from one club before though.

Nothing got to do with Levy, lack of transfers will be down to the impact of covid on teams finances.
I can't see many teams looking to buy players or offering contracts that match what players are on now.
I'm sure there will be opportunities to get players from clubs that need money, I just think offloading players
will be difficult, hope I'm wrong though.

Nothing got to do with Levy, lack of transfers will be down to the impact of covid on teams finances.
I can't see many teams looking to buy players or offering contracts that match what players are on now.
I'm sure there will be opportunities to get players from clubs that need money, I just think offloading players
So should massively work in our favour for our own purchases then? If the signings will be cheaper then we should be able to allow our sales to go for less. As a (one would hope) net buyer, the market should be in our favour overall.

There is always a way to move players on. It's just that sometimes you have to take a hit on the transfer fee or subsidise the wages by giving the player a bigger pay off than just the remaining instalments of their loyalty bonus.

We are (apparently) one of the richest 10 clubs in the World. Let's not already be making excuses for our chairman not doing a decent level of business this summer. There will be plenty of good deals to be done. I guarantee that our rivals in the PL will be busy making these deals. We need a reasonable number of first team additions just to keep pace and we certainly need our chairman not to be ensuring he sells before he buys, otherwise we'll miss out on a very good opportunity to (for once) actually take advantage of our comparative financial strength.

If clubs don't have the finances to buy a player it doesn't matter if you are selling at a cheaper price. They still won't be buying.
That £10 million house that they've just knocked £3 mill off, great deal, but I still can't afford it.

Yes, sometimes you have to take a hit, but it all depends on how big that hit is, and at some point that hit makes it not worth selling.

I know you aren't a fan of Levy, but maybe for once be realistic about expectations in the current climate. We've lost out on over £100 million in revenue, other teams have
lost out as well. It's not going to be a normal transfer window. That doesn't say there aren't deals to be done, but I don't see the same amount of deals as in previous years.

And I guarantee that our rivals in the PL won't be busy and that holds as much weight as your guarantee, none of us know.

So should massively work in our favour for our own purchases then? If the signings will be cheaper then we should be able to allow our sales to go for less. As a (one would hope) net buyer, the market should be in our favour overall.

There is always a way to move players on. It's just that sometimes you have to take a hit on the transfer fee or subsidise the wages by giving the player a bigger pay off than just the remaining instalments of their loyalty bonus.

We are (apparently) one of the richest 10 clubs in the World. Let's not already be making excuses for our chairman not doing a decent level of business this summer. There will be plenty of good deals to be done. I guarantee that our rivals in the PL will be busy making these deals. We need a reasonable number of first team additions just to keep pace and we certainly need our chairman not to be ensuring he sells before he buys, otherwise we'll miss out on a very good opportunity to (for once) actually take advantage of our comparative financial strength.
How are you getting the 10 richest clubs?

Sales is key
Shifting the players from our clubs ways hard as players don’t want to step down a level and no clubs better than us want the ones we want to sell

Back