• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

yep there are so many working beyond their means but only so far a couple who have been caught ... that says the level of the team that was caught and the influence they used to get away with it

and my issue isn’t there doing it we should all do it... my issue is no one should be able to do it as it’s a farcical set up

Look at Barca right now to see the panic in that club because of living beyond their means

The smaller clubs like say Brighton wont get caught either because they can just point to city getting away with it.

How?? We've built a shiny new stadium. That was our choice. Or have I mis-understood your post?

As @Bedfordspurs said.

Chelsea winning the champs league which meant the first time in history that 4th did not get you into the money league. The emergence of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project and their money buying things. Chelsea and their money stopped us getting champs league all those years when we were 5th and they had brought the title or there way into the top 4.

We might not have won anything and might of had to see Arsenal win a bit more but we would be further along in the plan, and Levy has the right plan, my gripe against him is on transfers, im not saying i want to see us pay more money. I liked the signings from the championship personally i feel the is so much value in that league. Olise, Brooks, Sarr, Knight will all be premiership and good premiership players in the future.

How?? We've built a shiny new stadium. That was our choice. Or have I mis-understood your post?

Not sure how @Danishfurniturelover was interpreting it but

- For a team that was relatively successful in the 80's, the foundation of PL & CL timing caught us at low point that meant we didn't get the cash windfall that the early teams did (United, Pool, Scum, Leeds even Saudi Sportswashing Machine)
- Chelsea and City money doping probably hurt us (as the side most likely to break into the top group) most of all the other teams, add in the poaching by those sides, talent hording, it's fair to say we would be a lot further ahead without their cheat mode entry
- Add in the absolute flimflam that Tottenham area and City of London dragged us through to get the stadium approved, the attempted strong arming to get us to pay for transport and road upgrades while West Ham gets a free stadium?

The luck never rolls Spurs way, which is why when the success arrives, it will be sweet.

Levy is playing the long game, the stadium plus sponsorship +non-football items will allow us to compete closer to the cheaters, close enough that just being well run, managed could close the gap.

Not sure how @Danishfurniturelover was interpreting it but

- For a team that was relatively successful in the 80's, the foundation of PL & CL timing caught us at low point that meant we didn't get the cash windfall that the early teams did (United, Pool, Scum, Leeds even Saudi Sportswashing Machine)
- Chelsea and City money doping probably hurt us (as the side most likely to break into the top group) most of all the other teams, add in the poaching by those sides, talent hording, it's fair to say we would be a lot further ahead without their cheat mode entry
- Add in the absolute flimflam that Tottenham area and City of London dragged us through to get the stadium approved, the attempted strong arming to get us to pay for transport and road upgrades while West Ham gets a free stadium?

The luck never rolls Spurs way, which is why when the success arrives, it will be sweet.

Levy is playing the long game, the stadium plus sponsorship +non-football items will allow us to compete closer to the cheaters, close enough that just being well run, managed could close the gap.
Love the optimism
More of it please

That’s for turnover and doesn’t really hold any relate to cash, profit and money to invest

I mean Barca are top of that list and their bankrupt virtually

don’t think for one second I’m pleading poverty but some of the bigger clubs are actually more skint now than ever

But that could also mean smaller clubs need money and that’s what you have to maximise
We've had wages at 40% of turnover for several years and (apparently) the stadium funding has all come from a separate source, borrowed at very low interest rates and not been taken out of our usual football operations (as I read on this very forum only a week or so ago).

Pretty much every club in the World is in the same boat as us in terms of reduced income for this past year. Most clubs do not operate a wage to turnover ratio that is as sensible/unambitious* (*delete as applicable) as ours is. This past year will therefore impact the clubs with high wage to turnover ratios more than it impacts us. If we look at our own league as our direct competitors there are of course two sugar daddy owned clubs that are reasonably immune from this in Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea. We shouldn't really be in a worse position than the other 17 clubs and should be in a much better position than most of them. Through the rest of Europe (and the championship) where clubs do not have the same sorts of TV deals that the PL does and are typically far more reliant on their gate income there will be clubs desperate to bring in transfer income and also reduce their wage bills.

This summer is likely to present a very good opportunity to carry out much of our needed squad rebuild, bringing in quality players at likely reduced fees. I hope that we do not pass it up.

Danny Rose was happy to go and join Watford but the chairman was trying to get £12 million for him instead of doing what was actually best for the club.
You knew the figure?
I never saw a figure quoted but do know they wanted him for free (I know someone close to their board/owners)

We've had wages at 40% of turnover for several years and (apparently) the stadium funding has all come from a separate source, borrowed at very low interest rates and not been taken out of our usual football operations (as I read on this very forum only a week or so ago).

Pretty much every club in the World is in the same boat as us in terms of reduced income for this past year. Most clubs do not operate a wage to turnover ratio that is as sensible/unambitious* (*delete as applicable) as ours is. This past year will therefore impact the clubs with high wage to turnover ratios more than it impacts us. If we look at our own league as our direct competitors there are of course two sugar daddy owned clubs that are reasonably immune from this in Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea. We shouldn't really be in a worse position than the other 17 clubs and should be in a much better position than most of them. Through the rest of Europe (and the championship) where clubs do not have the same sorts of TV deals that the PL does and are typically far more reliant on their gate income there will be clubs desperate to bring in transfer income and also reduce their wage bills.

This summer is likely to present a very good opportunity to carry out much of our needed squad rebuild, bringing in quality players at likely reduced fees. I hope that we do not pass it up.
Yep agreed
But to buy you need income and profits
I don’t know what ours are looking like currently so wouldn’t want to speculate
I’ll add that the Deloitte money league so many people consider as a measure of something will look even more silly for this season

The rich clubs are the ones whose owners bank roll them
It’s the simple IMO
Hence why Everton can buy players they can’t afford, and then on the extreme PSG and City
Hence why this summer IMO city will buy Haaland, Mbappe will stay put and sign a new contract as PSG buy in some more younger players
Other teams who have owner investment will do the same

My issue with the money league is it’s a sales measure of a club, not a performance measure
For context... west ham make the top 20 and their skint according to the dildo twins. Arsenal are 11th and had to sell to buy last summer because their owner isn’t putting his money in
Joe Lewis hasn’t put any money into Spurs and hasn’t taken any out form what I’ve ever seen. So we need to be smart or lucky
When I look back at Poch first season and earlier ones the transfers we made worked because they were generally low risk in ££ terms
We kinda did something something last season with players like Reggie who was very proven at a couple of clubs and had experience, and Hojdjerg who just by being able to run and pass would be an upgrade. The loan signings are always low risk as they can go back and Jo Hart on a free again is minimal risk. Only Doherty is one that may bite us on the backside but even then I think he needs more time.
Kroenke actually injected £184m into Arsenal in this past year (admittedly as a loan and not a pure equity injection). It was used to pay off their remaining stadium debt which was borrowed at punitive interest charges and meant that the club had to keep 36m of reserves in a bond that they will no longer have to do.

A similar loan from our owners this Summer would mean that we could complete our rebuild quickly and be likely to cement ourselves in the CL again.

Kroenke actually injected £184m into Arsenal in this past year (admittedly as a loan and not a pure equity injection). It was used to pay off their remaining stadium debt which was borrowed at punitive interest charges and meant that the club had to keep 36m of reserves in a bond that they will no longer have to do.

A similar loan from our owners this Summer would mean that we could complete our rebuild quickly and be likely to cement ourselves in the CL again.
And then they borrowed £120m of the Bank of England

You knew the figure?
I never saw a figure quoted but do know they wanted him for free (I know someone close to their board/owners)
I know the figure that was being floated around to the agents originally.

So had Levy let Rose go for free that would be £70 odd grand a week we wouldn't be paying now.

Back