• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

I agree but I don't think that player profile suits Jose, especially if he himself thinks I'll probably be here next season and that's it.

I'm with you. Which, setting aside results, makes you question whether we have the fit 'type' of manager to fit where we as a club are, and why I wouldnt want us appointing a Benitez type

I like us signing those up and coming players - I think its quite exciting and also gives an aire of positivity / freshness around the club, which is probably good for our image. I think we need to go back to that for the next 2-5 years whilst the debt comes down, and then go back to considering the model of appointing a results-manager and signing finished quality players

I agree but I don't think that player profile suits Jose, especially if he himself thinks I'll probably be here next season and that's it.
If we can find a couple of players like Hojbjerg and Reguilon that would help and be a good compromise. Early enough in their development that they don't cost a ton of money, but far enough along to make a quick impact. And somehow the ability to settle in quickly.

Could be a good summer for that kind of signing with the financial issues going around. I'd trust Mourinho to identify those players that will fit in quite quickly.

If we can find a couple of players like Hojbjerg and Reguilon that would help and be a good compromise. Early enough in their development that they don't cost a ton of money, but far enough along to make a quick impact. And somehow the ability to settle in quickly.

Could be a good summer for that kind of signing with the financial issues going around. I'd trust Mourinho to identify those players that will fit in quite quickly.
Or as suggested some people in the latter part of their contract
CBS like tarkowski, milenkovic and ginter
A keeper like Maignan or Donnarumma at a push
Dms/Cms like Zokaria (he is class and would be like Ndidi at Leicester) or Kessie (linked with him before but I’ve never seen him play)
WF like Brooks and Cantwell
Forward like Eduoard (£15m apparently)

im guessing you could get 5 of these for around £100/£120m ish total and we will be paying all of them more than they currently get to attract them (we would be a step up)

we could cover half of that by selling 3 or 4 players and sell someone like Dele if not wanted now that would bump up a lot

Things are doable but their has to be someone who can lead it (we did well in qty last summer TBF)

2 seasons in the PL + English + young....£50m?
I’d guess lower than that
£50m is world class money and is a threshold that would be held against a player
I mean united brought fernandes for that kind of money
And the English factor is less of a thing I believe with players who haven’t even played international football
But villa have mine6 so hold the cards and won’t want to sell and that enforces a premium

2 seasons in the PL + English + young....£50m?

Same price quoted for ben white.

Would be expensive to redo our defence. I'm glad Walcott got a loan to Scotland and hopefully next season the championship. We really need to bring through players for money reasons as much as anything.

I would look at Tucker at Gillingham, doing what Ben white was doing in league 1 two seasons ago. You could sign Tucker and loan him out to a championship club next season. Easy to think in 2 seasons he would be a 50m player and probably cost less than 5 now.

Same price quoted for ben white.

Would be expensive to redo our defence. I'm glad Walcott got a loan to Scotland and hopefully next season the championship. We really need to bring through players for money reasons as much as anything.

I would look at Tucker at Gillingham, doing what Ben white was doing in league 1 two seasons ago. You could sign Tucker and loan him out to a championship club next season. Easy to think in 2 seasons he would be a 50m player and probably cost less than 5 now.
Upmecano is arguably the best young CB in Europe and had gone for £38m...
That’s a reference that would put a base value on a proven player
The English factor is one aspect to consider

I'm with you. Which, setting aside results, makes you question whether we have the fit 'type' of manager to fit where we as a club are, and why I wouldnt want us appointing a Benitez type

I like us signing those up and coming players - I think its quite exciting and also gives an aire of positivity / freshness around the club, which is probably good for our image. I think we need to go back to that for the next 2-5 years whilst the debt comes down, and then go back to considering the model of appointing a results-manager and signing finished quality players

Totally agree with this, wrong manager for the wrong time. Also love the up and coming players. Knight at Derby is going to be huge and him in midfield in a couple of seasons time with skipp would be amazing.

Of the teams in the play off places Olise at Reading, Brooks at Bournemouth and Sarr at Watford are all top 4 type players.

I would consider if Norwich come up going for Cantwell plus loaning skipp to Norwich for the season. Can't well bring a more attacking player it would not effect the team much. Particularly as if I expect we are not in Europe next year.

Sun article on Pope to Spurs:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/bett...ub-odds-liverpool-burnley-tottenham-west-ham/

I cant see why he'd want to warm Liverpool's bench, whereas if he comes to Spurs, he knows that the first choice spot is available in the very-near term and possibly as soon as next season

Any opinions on price tag? £25-£30m? Levy will offer about half that though...and obviously price could go north in the summer if he plays in the Euros

I'll be sorry to see him go but I would be tempted to sell Lloris and Hart, if we brought in Pope. I don't think that Gazzaniga is much good but given the work that we need to do elsewhere on the squad, he could be a capable understudy for a season.

I'll be sorry to see him go but I would be tempted to sell Lloris and Hart, if we brought in Pope. I don't think that Gazzaniga is much good but given the work that we need to do elsewhere on the squad, he could be a capable understudy for a season.

Whiteman needs a league 1 or 2 loan to see what he can be.

Sun article on Pope to Spurs:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/bett...ub-odds-liverpool-burnley-tottenham-west-ham/

I cant see why he'd want to warm Liverpool's bench, whereas if he comes to Spurs, he knows that the first choice spot is available in the very-near term and possibly as soon as next season

Any opinions on price tag? £25-£30m? Levy will offer about half that though...and obviously price could go north in the summer if he plays in the Euros

I'd be surprised to see anyone pay £30M for anyone but the top 2-3 Keepers in the world, the football economy just isn't there, Bayern just paid less than that for a young CB that is widely considered the one of the best in Europe.

Back