• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

This transfer window does again emphasise how Leicester are smart doing business at the start of the window. Dakka and Soumare for £40m combined was great, ear;y business.

I think our lack of signings and pretty much break even on transfer fees paid this summer has shown that we were indeed planning to use the Kane money to fund our incomings…. There is no way we would’ve left it this late otherwise.
This is certainly possible. Do you not feel it might also be possible that we’re going to see a lot of fire sales in the final week and that we’re waiting for this to make our money go further to help fund said painful rebuild?

Well sadly I think we are moving towards serious disappointment by 31st August. I think it may play out like this: No more incomings by 30th August as Levy can't get any of those not wanted out of the door at the prices he wants. Then, on 31st, Emirates Marketing Project break the Bank and agree £150M for Harry. Levy says thank you very much and then scratches around to get a striker in by midnight. Frazier Campbell not available so we get Carlos Kickaball from Obscure little club FC and Nuno says we have Son and Alli and now Carlos and all will be fine. Levy banks a BIG profit and chuckles all the way to the Bank. And before all the Levy supporters pile into me - I would love to be proved very, very wrong and I will gladly give the little fella real credit for proving me so - but he has form in this area :(

You need to take more water with your drink.

Well sadly I think we are moving towards serious disappointment by 31st August. I think it may play out like this: No more incomings by 30th August as Levy can't get any of those not wanted out of the door at the prices he wants. Then, on 31st, Emirates Marketing Project break the Bank and agree £150M for Harry. Levy says thank you very much and then scratches around to get a striker in by midnight. Frazier Campbell not available so we get Carlos Kickaball from Obscure little club FC and Nuno says we have Son and Alli and now Carlos and all will be fine. Levy banks a BIG profit and chuckles all the way to the Bank. And before all the Levy supporters pile into me - I would love to be proved very, very wrong and I will gladly give the little fella real credit for proving me so - but he has form in this area :(

Just out of curiosity, is this actually true?

I seem to remember with either the Gil or Romero transfer you suggested something along the lines of Levy would delay it for a few weeks to save a few quid and we might lose out. That didn't happen but i don't remember you giving any credit for that. Unless i missed it

I'd like us to spend our budget on Isak from Sociedad and Doku, both young with huge potential and not at massive clubs. Surprised neither of them have moved, but probably good for their development staying where they are for another season.

You sir got a star for a very good shout.

I'd like us to spend our budget on Isak from Sociedad and Doku, both young with huge potential and not at massive clubs. Surprised neither of them have moved, but probably good for their development staying where they are for another season.
I think Isak will definitely be on the list
Osijmen too at Napoli
I was thinking the other of who else
Belotti too will IMO be an option

I'm not yet convinced on Doku.... Looked like he only ever attempted to beat his opponent on the same side and I fear he will get worked out if that is really the case (may have just been the small sample that I saw him play).

Wonder if he's got a release clause?

3193050-65416268-2560-1440.jpg

Just out of curiosity, is this actually true?

I seem to remember with either the Gil or Romero transfer you suggested something along the lines of Levy would delay it for a few weeks to save a few quid and we might lose out. That didn't happen but i don't remember you giving any credit for that. Unless i missed it
Getting them in is helpful BUT many on this Forum agree that we need to shift out several ordinary players - Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Aurier, Doherty (the list goes on) and last night's performance added to the need to get some of these out, and get replacements in. But none have gone and the squad only has two new potential first team players - Gil and Romero. The squad needed a major overhaul and that hasn't happened. The pace of our transfers always risks another team jumping in and gazumping us but I agree that it didn't happen with Gil and Romero. My point is that days are going by and the window closes in 11 days time - just can't see major activity before then but am worried that Emirates Marketing Project will cough up £150M on 31st for Harry...
And to those who think Paratici is leading transfer ins and outs I don't see any way on GHod's earth that Levy will leave it to him.

Getting them in is helpful BUT many on this Forum agree that we need to shift out several ordinary players - Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Aurier, Doherty (the list goes on) and last night's performance added to the need to get some of these out, and get replacements in. But none have gone and the squad only has two new potential first team players - Gil and Romero. The squad needed a major overhaul and that hasn't happened. The pace of our transfers always risks another team jumping in and gazumping us but I agree that it didn't happen with Gil and Romero. My point is that days are going by and the window closes in 11 days time - just can't see major activity before then but am worried that Emirates Marketing Project will cough up £150M on 31st for Harry...
And to those who think Paratici is leading transfer ins and outs I don't see any way on GHod's earth that Levy will leave it to him.

I dont see any way we'd sell Kane on the 31st without being able to get a replacement in.

Agree that our major problem is shifting players, and thats holding up incomings. I'd love to know whether we are ever prepared to subsidise players wages at a buying club such that we can shift them; most of our unwanted players would have to stake a step down in team and/or league to find a buyer, and most of those clubs would be able to afford their wages

So that's a no to the question being asked then?

No doubt we have a lot of business we'd want to do, in and out. It's a difficult market and I'm entirely unsurprised it's difficult and takes time.

We've managed to get a bit of money for Alderweireld and Hart, as well as getting a part swap deal for Lamela. It's slow moving, for us and a lot of other clubs. That's the reality of the current market, particularly outgoing transfers. And as long as incoming depends on outgoings that will impact incoming transfers.

Back