• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Even though the media are focusing on buying, the next ten days or so will probably be focused mainly on selling players. Even though Paratici is doing a good job so far, this summer is more difficult because of covid-sized holes in clubs' budgets. It just shows how difficult a rebuild truly is, and why it cannot be done in one or even two summers, especially with the PL wages that cannot easily be matched in other countries. Let's think realistically about what we might expect.

As Raziel said, we have gotten rid of Toby, Hart, Cirkin, Lamela, Eyoma, and Foyth already, have released Bale and Rose, and have sent several others (Whiteman, Parrott) on loan. That's quite an achievement. Who do you think we will eventually manage to shift, realistically? I think we are actively looking for ways to get rid of Sissoko and Aurier, and probably NDombele too, perhaps as a makeweight for someone else, but I don't think we'll find buyers for all three. If we could get rid of just those three, that would represent success in my book. Winks is HG, so I think he'll stay. Doherty maybe - Nuno sold him once before - but we would need proven back-up in RB. Dier and Sanchez I think will stay, see how they apply themselves to the new regime, unless we could get an upgrade (say Koundé with Sanchez off to Sevilla).

I think part of the issue was Poch raising the value of players, getting them playing at the peak of their ability. Alli, Winks, Dier were signed onto contracts that probably reflect their performances as international quality players. Others like Sissoko and Ndombele were just out and out bad purchases.

Sissoko and Ndombele have been frozen out to encourage a move. Sanchez seems the most salable, of course, he had a blinder against City. So we'd probably need 15m+ to let him go? Winks could try for a loan to buy. Ndombele, who in their right mind would match his wages with us? If he is really on 200k a week he's not hungry to change anything soon!

Last edited:
Even though the media are focusing on buying, the next ten days or so will probably be focused mainly on selling players. Even though Paratici is doing a good job so far, this summer is more difficult because of covid-sized holes in clubs' budgets. It just shows how difficult a rebuild truly is, and why it cannot be done in one or even two summers, especially with the PL wages that cannot easily be matched in other countries. Let's think realistically about what we might expect.

As Raziel said, we have gotten rid of Toby, Hart, Cirkin, Lamela, Eyoma, and Foyth already, have released Bale and Rose, and have sent several others (Whiteman, Parrott) on loan. That's quite an achievement. Who do you think we will eventually manage to shift, realistically? I think we are actively looking for ways to get rid of Sissoko and Aurier, and probably NDombele too, perhaps as a makeweight for someone else, but I don't think we'll find buyers for all three. If we could get rid of just those three, that would represent success in my book. Winks is HG, so I think he'll stay. Doherty maybe - Nuno sold him once before - but we would need proven back-up in RB. Dier and Sanchez I think will stay, see how they apply themselves to the new regime, unless we could get an upgrade (say Koundé with Sanchez off to Sevilla).

It also shows how years of poor recruitment are really catching up with us.

I'd settle for shifting a couple of the deadwood and bringing 1 more in. I fear it might not be aa good as that

Oh, I don't know what to think. I'm just grateful that so many people around the globe are working very hard to tell me what I want to hear.

I know Levy and his henchmen are also working hard to make Spurs a global force. It's a good time to be alive.

eg2_stills_2.2.2-1280.jpg

You may joke, but whatsapp is used a lot in transfers. Advertising players for sale, negotiations etc... People have their phones on them all the time so it's a lot quicker and easier than emails.

La liga has an app that clubs put their financial info into. If they are going over their spending cap it flashes red.
There was actually a speed dating type event a couple of years ago attended by clubs and agents that gave a chance for lots of clubs to discuss lots of players who were either on the transfer list to be sold or unattached. It was really for lower league clubs but an interesting concept.

L'equipe are saying we met on Wednesday about this and are close to agreeing a deal that would see him stay there on loan for this season.

Back