• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

Daily Melee linking us to Houssem Aouar:

Tottenham 'ready to SWOOOP! for long-term Arsenal target Houssem Aouar' from Lyon after the Gunners opted to sign £30m Real Madrid ace Fartin' Martin OdorGuard instead

I'm a complete vegetable about this guy. But as Frank Zappa would say in regard to vegetables: "Questions, Questions, Questions, flooding into the mind of the concerned young person today."

Any good? Any good for what we need? Expensive? Injury prone? Dope smoker? Double vaxxed? Satan worshipper? Bad driver? Bingo enthusiast?

James Maddison seems a decent player. improving, young. Good engine. Scores from free kicks. Maybe he wouldn't want to leave Leicester, but might be worth a try.

Can’t see Maddison leaving a club that won more silverware this summer than we have this century and it’s not as if Spurs are going to double his wages like say €iteh, €havski or ManUr£ could easily afford to do.

upload_2021-8-19_3-9-50.jpeg

Last edited:
Lewandowski >>> Emirates Marketing Project
Kane >>> Bayern?

Where else might RL go? PSG dont need him(!), the Spaniards are broke, Chelsea signed Lukaku, dont see him going to Liverpool or Man U (spent a pile already).

Problem is that I dont see Bayern spending the same as Emirates Marketing Project on Kane and personally I'd prefer to take £150m from City than £100m from Bayern

Well sadly I think we are moving towards serious disappointment by 31st August. I think it may play out like this: No more incomings by 30th August as Levy can't get any of those not wanted out of the door at the prices he wants. Then, on 31st, Emirates Marketing Project break the Bank and agree £150M for Harry. Levy says thank you very much and then scratches around to get a striker in by midnight. Frazier Campbell not available so we get Carlos Kickaball from Obscure little club FC and Nuno says we have Son and Alli and now Carlos and all will be fine. Levy banks a BIG profit and chuckles all the way to the Bank. And before all the Levy supporters pile into me - I would love to be proved very, very wrong and I will gladly give the little fella real credit for proving me so - but he has form in this area :(

Well sadly I think we are moving towards serious disappointment by 31st August. I think it may play out like this: No more incomings by 30th August as Levy can't get any of those not wanted out of the door at the prices he wants. Then, on 31st, Emirates Marketing Project break the Bank and agree £150M for Harry. Levy says thank you very much and then scratches around to get a striker in by midnight. Frazier Campbell not available so we get Carlos Kickaball from Obscure little club FC and Nuno says we have Son and Alli and now Carlos and all will be fine. Levy banks a BIG profit and chuckles all the way to the Bank. And before all the Levy supporters pile into me - I would love to be proved very, very wrong and I will gladly give the little fella real credit for proving me so - but he has form in this area :(
Zzzzzzzzzzzzx

Sorry but I don’t think you could be more wrong. There will be plenty more movement both in and out, most clubs still have much business to do and as usual it only really speeds up in last few days of the window.

As for Kane, I think this one is already dead. Levy hasn’t show any willingness to even negotiate, City haven’t shown they have the cash to pay, and the cost is only going to get higher the closer to the end of the window. Far more likely they go for Lewandowski or someone else…..

There is not a chance that we sell Kane without having a player lined up
We have a DOF whose key role is exactly to plan for that
It won’t be a Kane level player
But it could be 2 players or more to fix gaps in the overall team

Our only good bit of business done with the bale money was on the last day of the window. Eriksen and lamela came in.

Lewandowski >>> Emirates Marketing Project
Kane >>> Bayern?

Where else might RL go? PSG dont need him(!), the Spaniards are broke, Chelsea signed Lukaku, dont see him going to Liverpool or Man U (spent a pile already).

Problem is that I dont see Bayern spending the same as Emirates Marketing Project on Kane and personally I'd prefer to take £150m from City than £100m from Bayern

We may accept less from a non PL team.
£125m, for instance.

This transfer window does again emphasise how Leicester are smart doing business at the start of the window. Dakka and Soumare for £40m combined was great, early business.

I think our lack of signings and pretty much break even on transfer fees paid this summer has shown that we were indeed planning to use the Kane money to fund our incomings…. There is no way we would’ve left it this late otherwise.

Considering our likely lack of funds I think it would now probably be prudent to wait until the last week of the window and look to pick up a few players from clubs in (particularly) France where there will be bargains available even on loan to buys as the French clubs scramble to stay solvent. Barcelona may also be offering some very interesting loan deals as their desperation grows.

Last edited:
Back