• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

So first you hire Mourinho and then your big summer signing is Tammy Abraham!
Not great to be a Roma fan at the moment.
But then I guess you get to live in Rome (maybe) and the food is good so there’s that.

Abraham was a good deal. Should score lots of goals for them for £34m.

Was hoping to watch Koita tonight, but he does not seem to be playing for RB Salzburg tonight.

He is a nice looking striker. Him or Mussa Barrow would be good signings.

Well let's list the ones we are linked with recently and we clearly can't have all can we.

Tomiyasu
Sarr
Martinez
Vlahovic
Zakaria
Ward Prowse
Calvin Lewert
Milenkovic
Rubin Kazan player
Dodo
Torres
Sabitzer (more Mourinho target)
Gomes

Anyone I missed off? Probably. Looks like that is Patricia's approach but we don't know who we have or haven't actually bid for.
Calvin Lewert? o_O

Ahhh, what a shame.
Actually, it is. I love Harry, but I think it's time we cash in on him and get in his replacement. If we go for Martinez and Madueke we could have a very exciting attack for years to come, way past when Sonny or Kane would be in their prime. Now's the time to do it, while teams are more likely to sell and while we are rebuilding, which would give players the chance to bed in in what may be a throwaway year.

Actually, it is. I love Harry, but I think it's time we cash in on him and get in his replacement. If we go for Martinez and Madueke we could have a very exciting attack for years to come, way past when Sonny or Kane would be in their prime. Now's the time to do it, while teams are more likely to sell and while we are rebuilding, which would give players the chance to bed in in what may be a throwaway year.

Have we got more chance of getting into cl with or without harry kane? That's £100m right there.

Martinez and madueke could be great or they could flop. We know what we'll get with harry.

If city match our valuation, i will wish harry all the best. If not he's only just turned 28, he's in his prime. Top goal scorer and assists last season. One of the best strikers on the planet. 2nd highest goal scorer in the history of the club and could become the highest.

So if city fudge off, no it's not a shame.

Have we got more chance of getting into cl with or without harry kane? That's £100m right there.

Martinez and madueke could be great or they could flop. We know what we'll get with harry.

If city match our valuation, i will wish harry all the best. If not he's only just turned 28, he's in his prime. Top goal scorer and assists last season. One of the best strikers on the planet. 2nd highest goal scorer in the history of the club and could become the highest.

I've liked posts on here that completely contradict that but when you put it like that? Hmm.
Football doesn't come with guarantees but Harry is as close as it gets.

That's the big question, isn't it: whether Martinez and Madueke will be a success. But another big question is whether with the current squad plus Harry we'd make CL. Neither is guaranteed. I'd err on the side of rebuilding, but that's just my personal take. In general, however, we should not be afraid of selling our best player(s) and bringing in new talent. Dortmund do it all the time and they're not too shabby. Heck, every team does it to one extent or another. We still have the mentality that, if we sell our best players we're doomed, but we've been constantly improving, even after the sale of Berba, Modric, Bale, etc. And we're a big team now, so attracting quality players isn't as difficult as it used to be 5-10 years ago.

That's the big question, isn't it: whether Martinez and Madueke will be a success. But another big question is whether with the current squad plus Harry we'd make CL. Neither is guaranteed. I'd err on the side of rebuilding, but that's just my personal take. In general, however, we should not be afraid of selling our best player(s) and bringing in new talent. Dortmund do it all the time and they're not too shabby. Heck, every team does it to one extent or another. We still have the mentality that, if we sell our best players we're doomed, but we've been constantly improving, even after the sale of Berba, Modric, Bale, etc. And we're a big team now, so attracting quality players isn't as difficult as it used to be 5-10 years ago.

As i said if city pay what we're asking, fine. If not and they want to walk away, fine. Them trying to turn it into a threat is a joke.

The selling club model works in certain leagues, Dortmund & Ajax (the two best examples) don't have 6 other legitimate contenders for CL spaces to fight with.

That said, I agree with the premise, we have improved because in general we are well managed, buying/selling players is something that needs to be planned for, and the balance of the team is very important in addition just to buying good players. Hopefully Paratici helps here.

Completely. I'd like to think that in another 5-10 years time we're even better able to hold on to players.

However given where we are now, if City meet the £150m asking price then there are very strong arguments that we'd be better off buying 3 * £50m players with the money who are say 21-23 years old

If you add 3 £50m-ish players (say Pau Torres, Martinez and Vlahovic) to a core of Lloris, Romero, Reguilon, Skipp, PEH and Son then you have the basis of a very good team, even before you consider Dele, GLC, Tubby etc and the other players which we are hopefully signing this summer anyway

F
Completely. I'd like to think that in another 5-10 years time we're even better able to hold on to players.

However given where we are now, if City meet the £150m asking price then there are very strong arguments that we'd be better off buying 3 * £50m players with the money who are say 21-23 years old

If you add 3 £50m-ish players (say Pau Torres, Martinez and Vlahovic) to a core of Lloris, Romero, Reguilon, Skipp, PEH and Son then you have the basis of a very good team, even before you consider Dele, GLC, Tubby etc and the other players which we are hopefully signing this summer anyway
Fully agree with this
But it’s a gamble of course
Our issue Wigan’s it’s city that are the problem here. They don’t want to pay the price as it sets a benchmark and it also empowers us to do some business
We just beat them. Them at highlights that they are fallible and that a team like Spurs can do something with money.

20 goals a season, every time

How you use/leverage that is up to the manager/broader team strategy
So not much then.
Considering we've had Eriksen and kane ckose to or top the assist charts along kane and son top of or close to top of the scoring charts, usually in the same season, goals are obviously over rated.

Back