• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

The world really has gone mad. Messi an exceptional footballer no doubt but where is the justification in paying someone circa £500k-£1m per week to kick a ball?
Barca one of the biggest club sides in existence making a loss of nearly £500m albeit during a pandemic says there's something seriously wrong with the way footballers salaries have increased.
So many clubs having to pay silly money for transfers (Including us) and then X amount of thousands per week. I just don't understand it and although they do have short careers playing wise they still have opportunities to work in the game afterwards whether as coaches, managers, scouts, pundits, etc. plus the top players will always get sponsorship deals to boost their income. I'm not sure how long the 'football bubble' can sustain itself, it's really quite sickening when you stand back and realise just how much these people are actually getting. IMO of course :)

The world really has gone mad. Messi an exceptional footballer no doubt but where is the justification in paying someone circa £500k-£1m per week to kick a ball?
Barca one of the biggest club sides in existence making a loss of nearly £500m albeit during a pandemic says there's something seriously wrong with the way footballers salaries have increased.
So many clubs having to pay silly money for transfers (Including us) and then X amount of thousands per week. I just don't understand it and although they do have short careers playing wise they still have opportunities to work in the game afterwards whether as coaches, managers, scouts, pundits, etc. plus the top players will always get sponsorship deals to boost their income. I'm not sure how long the 'football bubble' can sustain itself, it's really quite sickening when you stand back and realise just how much these people are actually getting. IMO of course :)

Average U.K. salary is around £31,500PA. This means that, while earning £1,000,000 per week at Barca, dear Lionel was earning as much in a year as it would take your average Brit 1650 years to earn. That’s as much in a week that it takes someone else nearly 32 years to earn. The numbers are absolutely mind boggling. And I’m afraid to say that we are all responsible - myself included. We go to games, we buy shirts, we subscribe to Sky and BT and so on. The Premier League is full of bang average players earning in a year what most can’t even dream of earning in a lifetime. Yes, they have a short career but that’s a rubbish argument for their salaries. Maybe we need the whole thing to cage in on itself and have a reboot. I can remember a time when virtually anyone could challenge for the Divvy 1 title every year. Except us, Obvs! Wouldn’t it be nice to go back to that?

Average U.K. salary is around £31,500PA. This means that, while earning £1,000,000 per week at Barca, dear Lionel was earning as much in a year as it would take your average Brit 1650 years to earn. That’s as much in a week that it takes someone else nearly 32 years to earn. The numbers are absolutely mind boggling. And I’m afraid to say that we are all responsible - myself included. We go to games, we buy shirts, we subscribe to Sky and BT and so on. The Premier League is full of bang average players earning in a year what most can’t even dream of earning in a lifetime. Yes, they have a short career but that’s a rubbish argument for their salaries. Maybe we need the whole thing to cage in on itself and have a reboot. I can remember a time when virtually anyone could challenge for the Divvy 1 title every year. Except us, Obvs! Wouldn’t it be nice to go back to that?

They are top entertainers. Would you begrudge your favourite singer or band taking in millions too?

Some kind of cap would be sensible I agree.

With well timed shots of Human Growth Hormone, when injured or fatigued - all part of Messi’s treatment - he could run and run. No doubt his explosive turn of speed is related. It’s almost never discussed but Id imagine it would get more exposure in the PL than at Barca or PSG.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

They are top entertainers. Would you begrudge your favourite singer or band taking in millions too?

With well timed shots of Human Growth Hormone, when injured or fatigued - all part of Messi’s treatment - he could run and run. No doubt his explosive turn of speed is related. It’s almost never discussed but Id imagine it would get more exposure in the PL than at Barca or PSG.

I take your point and I don’t entirely disagree with you (even though all my favourite bans were 1960s bands that earned virtually nothing!). It’s supply and demand, I get that. But I do think that £52,000,000 is ridiculous for playing football twice a week. Or gigging, for that matter. But anyway, this is the transfer rumours forum isn’t it? Must be a quiet day for Spurs…

Messi doesn't still take HGH but he did so as a teenager due to his GHD. There would no more scrutiny the PL than in La Liga which are both governed by WADA.

I get your point but bands and singers generate huge revenues for their record companies and are self sustainable. With footballers it's different as the amounts clubs are paying them each week is putting the clubs themselves at risk of bankruptcy.
Top talents like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar are on another level to most others and should get paid accordingly but not at the risk to their employers. Others are not so talented, ie. Sissoko and yet he is on something like £70k a week which is roughly £3.5m a year...ridiculous.

I take your point and I don’t entirely disagree with you (even though all my favourite bans were 1960s bands that earned virtually nothing!). It’s supply and demand, I get that. But I do think that £52,000,000 is ridiculous for playing football twice a week. Or gigging, for that matter. But anyway, this is the transfer rumours forum isn’t it? Must be a quiet day for Spurs…

Agreed.
And apologies for taking this thread off topic :oops:

Messi doesn't still take HGH but he did so as a teenager due to his GHD. There would no more scrutiny the PL than in La Liga which are both governed by WADA.

You know this how? It is standard treatment practice to have top-ups later in life. The theory is you need the hormone to heal for example after an injury. Those who don't have the condition get the hormone naturally, so some top-ups are rational and plausible. When Barca have been asked about this, they didn't comment. Now if he had not had any top-ups surely you would put that to bed, and be clear with people. Wouldn't you?

Alasdair Gold saying that Paratici will keep focusing on the defence, priority another centre back and a right back at the moment.

Makes a lot of sense to me, and Gold has been getting stuff right before.

Kane saga will continue, obviously a deal there will shift everything. But right now I think we can be somewhat optimistic that more good moves are being made.

Alasdair Gold saying that Paratici will keep focusing on the defence, priority another centre back and a right back at the moment.

Makes a lot of sense to me, and Gold has been getting stuff right before.

Kane saga will continue, obviously a deal there will shift everything. But right now I think we can be somewhat optimistic that more good moves are being made.
If we can fix that defence and get another striker in it’s a very solid window indeed
Shift the dead wood and it becomes a class piece of work

Back