• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

In years gone by, there was always a long list of layers I'd like to see us buy. But I really like our squad right now.

I'd like to see Fazio replaced with a more like-for-like backup for Toby.

Maybe a player in the Dyer mould to back him up, or bring through a youngster if we have one.

And then a Kane backup, unless we convert Chadli to that (if anybody can convert a player, it's Poch).

I have to agree with that.... and that is aa really good sign.... i think.

In years gone by, there was always a long list of layers I'd like to see us buy. But I really like our squad right now.

I'd like to see Fazio replaced with a more like-for-like backup for Toby.

Maybe a player in the Dyer mould to back him up, or bring through a youngster if we have one.

And then a Kane backup, unless we convert Chadli to that (if anybody can convert a player, it's Poch).

That is pretty much how i feel.

Poch has gained my (and hopefully plenty of others) confidence and i like to see the progress the younger/academy/u21 players can acheive under his guidance.

They come in as young, eager and motivated, with no star status to use as leverage to d*ck us about (and levy will like the low wages:)) and are in contrast engrained a lot deeper in the ways and make-up of life at our club, and hopefully that may breed a little loyalty.

I feel in the long term we may need a little stardust to really push the limits (perhaps there are these players already amongst the group?) but as of short/medium term i'm not really interested in the £8/9M squad fillers (maybe a scouted promising youngster) when i'm much more interested in seeing (and getting behind) players that are 'one of our own', so to speak.

Basically i'm quite willing to see how we go with this approach and Poch can have as long as he wants in my eyes.

He will still be backed with the 20/25M prospective instant 1st XI starter but the in between stuff we may as well save our time and money.

So ESPNFC is saying that Spurs might try again for Palermo's Franco Vazquez. It's not reported as a rumor, just what the ESPNFC journo who wrote the article thinks. Were we ever linked with him and, more importantly, who is he?? Looking at Transfermarkt he did score 10 goals with 11 assists last season, with 4 and 5 the season before that. This year he has 1 goal and 3 assists in 14 games> Anyone know anything more about him?

I'd be looking to buy two players this January . A dm or cm player and a center forward .. Rabiot I Wud take if available but I fear burn out with this squad or team come March Aprils time .. 2 top signings in January can stop this .. Fazio and Townsend should be sold as they really don't offer anything ... I'd be tempted on bringing in a winger too if one available but dm to give dier a break now and again and also to play along side him is absolute must for me .. And we Wud be mad not to even get a loan striker signing in to giv Harry a break . These two positions must be filled but who they are is the question !!! We don't need center half cos dier can cover this too ..

Emmanuel Adebayor's Premier League return complicated by Tottenham still paying his wages

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ated-by-Tottenham-still-paying-his-wages.html

Ball bags

It is a sad state of affairs, but in some ways I am glad that he cannot just waltz into another club. We offered him the contract so we have to honour it, but knowing that he is spending this "paid sabbatical" being a macaron and worsening his fitness gives me some small crumb of comfort that his career is over. I'm not normally vindictive, but I find Ade to be one of the most reprehensible footballers ever and is everything that is wrong with footballers today. He has had countless opportunities to really be one of the game's greats but each and every time he has screwed it up. What any person on this forum would give for that talent, and I am sure that were any one of us in that position, we would have made more of our career and probably earned more money than he has. A grade A* bellend.

It is a sad state of affairs, but in some ways I am glad that he cannot just waltz into another club. We offered him the contract so we have to honour it, but knowing that he is spending this "paid sabbatical" being a macaron and worsening his fitness gives me some small crumb of comfort that his career is over. I'm not normally vindictive, but I find Ade to be one of the most reprehensible footballers ever and is everything that is wrong with footballers today. He has had countless opportunities to really be one of the game's greats but each and every time he has screwed it up. What any person on this forum would give for that talent, and I am sure that were any one of us in that position, we would have made more of our career and probably earned more money than he has. A grade A* bellend.

Nah. I completely understand where you're coming from, don't get me wrong....but nah. I can't bring myself to think of him as reprehensible or anything like that. He's had a hard life, his family (the people we mostly all rely on in hard times) have by and large been greedy and have used him more than they've supported him, he's had to contemplate meeting an untimely death as bullets peppered his team coach, as he cradled a dying team-mate in his arms....and he's publicly admitted being depressed and thinking about suicide, a brave thing to do and also one that shows the state his personal life is in.

If I were in his position, having to face up to crises like that...nah. I've had a taste of what he talks about from a mental standpoint, and I'd rather not give up the ones dear to me and my mental state to sip the poisoned chalice he's had to live with.

I only feel very sad for him. And I wish him peace. I understand why we cut him loose in the way we did, too: not blaming anyone for that. But I can't bring myself to dislike him for wasting his career: indeed, I'm somewhat impressed his career lasted so long to begin with.

Nah. I completely understand where you're coming from, don't get me wrong....but nah. I can't bring myself to think of him as reprehensible or anything like that. He's had a hard life, his family (the people we mostly all rely on in hard times) have by and large been greedy and have used him more than they've supported him, he's had to contemplate meeting an untimely death as bullets peppered his team coach, as he cradled a dying team-mate in his arms....and he's publicly admitted being depressed and thinking about suicide, a brave thing to do and also one that shows the state his personal life is in.

If I were in his position, having to face up to crises like that...nah. I've had a taste of what he talks about from a mental standpoint, and I'd rather not give up the ones dear to me and my mental state to sip the poisoned chalice he's had to live with.

I only feel very sad for him. And I wish him peace. I understand why we cut him loose in the way we did, too: not blaming anyone for that. But I can't bring myself to dislike him for wasting his career: indeed, I'm somewhat impressed his career lasted so long to begin with.

You're a more forgiving man than me then Dubai!

I remember reading some pretty definitive stuff that the severance deal with Ade is that we paid him up until 31 January (rather than the end of his contract on 30 June).

So are people still keen on Berahino?

He is not really like for like for Kane but do you think he can play number 9.?

i like him as a player and believe he would compliment the squad. I also believe that Poch could work with him to improve him quite a bit.

This season has been a write off for him and it will affect his value in the real market but our challenge will be club throwing money around

Being understanding of someone's personal and mental challenges is one thing.

But Ade (regardless of tragedies) is a hugely privileged individual from an talent, opportunity and wealth perspective, he's had opportunities that other privileged people would only dream of ..
He's had the opportunity to play at huge clubs and has fudged up everyone of those opportunity, the guy is not 24, he's over 30, time to stop finding all the excuses (no matter how legit).

I don't hate the guy, but lets be clear, this is not a regular guy having a hard time, he's had the opportunity to re-invent himself 4+ times, he has access to professional help a regular person could only dream of and when his career/legacy was going down the toilet (e.g. when banished to train with academy), his response? = get chauffeured to training in a Rolls Royce and do as little as possible in training and hold the club accountable for every dollar promised by contract despite him clearly not delivering his side of the deal.

Don't hate the guy, but very little to feel sorry about or care about with that guy ...

i like him as a player and believe he would compliment the squad. I also believe that Poch could work with him to improve him quite a bit.

This season has been a write off for him and it will affect his value in the real market but our challenge will be club throwing money around

How would he complement the squad when we've already got Son, Lamela, Dembele, Chadli and Njie (most of whom are better than Berahino) competing for those same two spots?.

AM is probably our most overstocked area (considering I've not even mentioned our ACMs)

How would he complement the squad when we've already got Son, Lamela, Dembele, Chadli and Njie (most of whom are better than Berahino) competing for those same two spots?.

AM is probably our most overstocked area (considering I've not even mentioned our ACMs)

Because he's a CF that can play wide as opposed to a WF that can do a job upfront, like Son & N'jie - so he becomes genuine option for CF rather than the make shift options behind Kane that we currently have, whilst also being good enough in his secondary position to push for a starting place there also.

Son/Berahino
Eriksen/Dembele
Lamela/Pritchard

Kane/Berahino

Are fantastic options for AM/WF/CF

Last edited:

He is a better player IMO than Chadli and Njie and were talking about 1 of 4 spots in the attacking areas

Back