• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

11/12 when he scored 36 in 40 in League One. Now he's a very good Championship striker, averaging 1 in 2, but a PL player? No. He can't even get a game for Scotland.

Nor can I. Gordon doesn't even come and watch me in the Evo-Stik League Northern Premier (First Division South) any more :-(

11/12 when he scored 36 in 40 in League One. Now he's a very good Championship striker, averaging 1 in 2, but a PL player? No. He can't even get a game for Scotland.

Agree he doesn't get a game for Scotland. Rose doesn't get a game for England but is comfortably our best left back. Go figure....

Have you seen the top of the strikers list this season? It seems to be dominated by strikers no one heard of a few seasons ago

Player Name Team Goals
1 Jamie Vardy Leicester City 14
2 Romelu Lukaku Everton 10
3 Odion Ighalo Watford 8
3 Harry Kane Tottenham Hotspur 8

Vardy - scored less than 1 in 2 in the championship for a team at the top with 16 goals in 37 games
Inhalo - scored 20 in 35 so thats a great record and he isn't struggling for what is a semi decent side and again scored them goals for a top side in the division at the time
Rhodes - scored 21 in 45 so similar ratio to Vardy but he was playing for a struggling side...

As i said earlier is he good enough or us, I dont know. Is he a championship striker with a proven track record and the potential to step up. I think so, but maybe not for us with the level were aiming for

Agree he doesn't get a game for Scotland. Rose doesn't get a game for England but is comfortably our best left back. Go figure....

Have you seen the top of the strikers list this season? It seems to be dominated by strikers no one heard of a few seasons ago

Player Name Team Goals
1 Jamie Vardy Leicester City 14
2 Romelu Lukaku Everton 10
3 Odion Ighalo Watford 8
3 Harry Kane Tottenham Hotspur 8

Vardy - scored less than 1 in 2 in the championship for a team at the top with 16 goals in 37 games
Inhalo - scored 20 in 35 so thats a great record and he isn't struggling for what is a semi decent side and again scored them goals for a top side in the division at the time
Rhodes - scored 21 in 45 so similar ratio to Vardy but he was playing for a struggling side...

As i said earlier is he good enough or us, I dont know. Is he a championship striker with a proven track record and the potential to step up. I think so, but maybe not for us with the level were aiming for

Rose not playing for England is quite the conundrum considering his only competition is Leighton Baines and Patrick Van Anholt.

You forgot Bertrand who's not very good at defence or attack and Gibbs who's not very good at anything apart for appealing for offside.

The clue is in the clubs they play for (the two I mentioned). It's not as if Rhodes being a target is even likely though.

A lower league striker who is big 6ft 1 with. Good work rate and an emotional record... I give you Jordan Rhodes

Better than a 1 in 2 average for a poor Blackburn side and a player who gets on with his job even when his club turn down some big money comparatively speaking

My bro swears that Afobe is a player we should be after too but I've not seen enough
Not a bad shout if the price was reasonable

I still think Saido Berahino will come in Jan.

Not a personal choice - just what I think will happen.

Last edited:
Rabiot wouldn't necessarily be guaranteed first team football with us either. He has all the tools, but the adaptation process may take some time. I don't know if this a serious article though. We're stocked with midfielders, both CM and AM and he would cost a pretty penny, so it would be strange for us to be spending a lot of money on a position where there is no need, rather than on one where we really need a back-up (striker). That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Spurs shirt if we can pull it off at a good price. His salary at PSG isn't cost-prohibitive (£21K/wk), so it would really be down to PSG's asking price.

Rabiot wouldn't necessarily be guaranteed first team football with us either. He has all the tools, but the adaptation process may take some time. I don't know if this a serious article though. We're stocked with midfielders, both CM and AM and he would cost a pretty penny, so it would be strange for us to be spending a lot of money on a position where there is no need, rather than on one where we really need a back-up (striker). That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Spurs shirt if we can pull it off at a good price. His salary at PSG isn't cost-prohibitive (£21K/wk), so it would really be down to PSG's asking price.

likely silly season special ... Kane/Lloris/Eriksen/Dembele/Alli all will have rumors, and we will be linked to 90 different players ..

Back