• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Agreed, though if you spend two transfer windows trying to sign someone in a certain position and aren't able to, then that probably suggests that you're being too picky. Same with house-hunting, job-hunting etc - often the perfect solution doesn't exist, but you need a house to live, job to pay the bills, CF to score the goals....how many windows do we leave it before we revisit our requirements so that we do sign someone?

Why do you discount the notion that Poch has thought of that and has decided that what we already have is the better option as our second choice?

I understand that disappointment. What I don't think makes any sense is people whipping themselves up into a hysteria about it.

come on Milo I do not think there has been to much hysteria, people on both sides of the coin are of course allowed to vent, this is our stage to vent our feelings, blokes on the internet and all.

I am personally trying my best to control my frustration,disappointment.

I personally am trying to come across as reasonable, I do not see how posts regarding 'toys out of pram' daddy I want a pony' I trust poch more than some bloke on the net' 'macarons dont understand how complicated transfers are' helps matters.

I do feel sometimes that if things are questioned then its a massive affront to our Coach/Chairman.

I love this club and want us to be successful, I dont think it is a crime to get passionate about something you feel strong about, passion with control is a good thing, it does not have to be explained away by saying to much hysteria on here.

come on Milo I do not think there has been to much hysteria, people on both sides of the coin are of course allowed to vent, this is our stage to vent our feelings, blokes on the internet and all.

I personally am trying to come across as reasonable, I do not see how posts regarding 'toys out of pram' daddy I want a pony' I trust poch more than some bloke on the net' 'macarons dont understand how complicated transfers are' helps matters.

I do feel sometimes that if things are questioned then its a massive affront to our Coach/Chairman.

I love this club and want us to be successful, I dont think it is a crime to get passionate about something you feel strong about, passion with control is a good thing, it does not have to be explained away by saying to much hysteria on here.
Hear hear.........nice one...A real passionate fan....Come on you Spurs......

Rather than get frustrated, why not concentrate on what we have already achieved and try to understand where Poch is coming from and what he is trying to build? The cognitive dissonance of understanding that Poch wants to build a squad with certain characteristics but also demand the shiny new seems odd to me.

Rather than get frustrated, why not concentrate on what we have already achieved and try to understand where Poch is coming from and what he is trying to build? The cognitive dissonance of understanding that Poch wants to build a squad with certain characteristics but also demand the shiny new seems odd to me.
OK comrade.......

Many were saying this in the summer and soon forgot about it. Fact is we have ample cover up front if Kane is injured. I don't see many of any of the top sides that have amazing backup strikers,if any? All have players who can play there if needed,

We were hearing the same noises this summer when we didn't sign a striker. Fact is we have wing forwards who can play upfront if Kane is injured or rested, in the same way Walcott and Sanchez do for Arsenal if Giroud is unavailable. Hopefully that option won't be needed often, but it's not like every other top team has a top backup and and out striker on the bench.

No one has said we are stronger, but we are getting Prichard valuable PL experience and we have got good money for Townsend who wasn't featuring at all....
It ain't a problem until it is a problem! But it may very well happen that for instance Kane and Chadli/Son get sidelined for a couple of months. Then We do have very limited options, playing 2 games every week. We have been lucky so far not being affected, but having just 1 recognized striker is a gamble.

I'm finding it difficult to know who to trust on this one. On the one hand we have a manager who has built the best Spurs team in recent memory. Someone who has spent 18 months weeding out the players who do not suit his approach or are bad influences. Has built a tight knit squad, who seem to genuinely enjoy each others company and who fight for each other on the pitch. And on the other hand we have some blokes on the internet who are mainly wrong.

I know just what you mean, its so hard to decide which one right. :confused:

I very much appreciate how far we have come, I think I understand his motives and where he wants us to end up.

I do not think anything has been achieved thus far, we are looking promising and ready to compete at the top and I worry that all our good work could be undone by leaving ourselves short.

I cant shake that feeling of frustration and disappointment, as Roschach said its obvious we have been attempting to sign a striker therefore the need is clearly there but has not been addressed...In two frickin windows.

I see a massive flaw in all of Poch's clever thinking, I do not wish in any way shape or form to be proved right on this, I dont know what else to say...

I very much appreciate how far we have come, I think I understand his motives and where he wants us to end up.

I do not think anything has been achieved thus far, we are looking promising and ready to compete at the top and I worry that all our good work could be undone by leaving ourselves short.

I cant shake that feeling of frustration and disappointment, as Roschach said its obvious we have been attempting to sign a striker therefore the need is clearly there but has not been addressed...In two frickin windows.

I see a massive flaw in all of Poch's clever thinking, I do not wish in any way shape or form to be proved right on this, I dont know what else to say...

The flip side is that we could bring in a short term signing to cover up front and it could fudge up the team spirit in the squad and we fall short because of that. There is not one outcome here that guarantees success and I think that we have to trust Poch's judgement.

Most people on here spent all summer working themselves up about signing a defensive midfielder, Poch found a solution from within the squad. Who is to say that he is wrong to prefer doing the same again rather than sign a player that he does not want?

What have we already achieved?

Poch/Levy are going to look like abolsute fools if we get an injury to either Toby/Wimmer or Kane in the next couple of months, thus completely blowing our best chance at not only a top four spot but potentially something even greater.

As has been said many times before Chelsea and Utd will come back far stronger next season, even Klopps lot will improve in his second season.

Poch/Levy are going to look like abolsute fools if we get an injury to either Toby/Wimmer or Kane in the next couple of months, thus completely blowing our best chance at not only a top four spot but potentially something even greater.

As has been said many times before Chelsea and Utd will come back far stronger next season, even Klopps lot will improve in his second season.

We haven't won anything but the improvement in the team is clear for all to see.

What would an injury to Toby or Wimmer prove? It is easy to have some imaginary player in your head who comes in and slots into the side instantly but we have no way of knowing whether it would work out like that. What if that happened and Dier slotted effortlessly back into central defence and Bentaleb and Dembele formed a strong partnership in central midfield?

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Half of this board wrote off this season before a ball had been kicked because we didn't sign a DM and a striker in the summer. They were wrong then, who is to say that they are right now?

With all our young players improving all the time do you not think we will as well?.

The flip side is that we could bring in a short term signing to cover up front and it could fudge up the team spirit in the squad and we fall short because of that. There is not one outcome here that guarantees success and I think that we have to trust Poch's judgement.

Most people on here spent all summer working themselves up about signing a defensive midfielder, Poch found a solution from within the squad. Who is to say that he is wrong to prefer doing the same again rather than sign a player that he does not want?

I will choose to trust, and bury my disappointment yet again. For me its not about getting something shiny and new, its about not giving ourselves a reason to fall away.

I will choose to trust, and bury my disappointment yet again. For me its not about getting something shiny and new, its about not giving ourselves a reason to fall away.

I understand that and I am not accusing you of wanting the shiny new. I just think that we have to understand that our manager thinks that getting in the wrong player is a bigger threat to our season than making do with what we have.

Or it could be undone because we brought in the wrong kind of player who threw off the team chemistry and harmony. This is an area that many people underestimate. Making sure you have the right personalities in your team is a huge challenge and when you have gotten to the point where you have achieved this harmony and unity you are very very careful about disrupting it, because it probably accounts for 50% of your success with the other 50% being the quality of your players. So yeah, take a gamble on that and, if doesn't work out, try rebuilding that chemistry you had before, as if it's the easiest thing in the world to do.

Nigeyman is perfectly right. Yes Poch wants the right players. We get that. But when the summer window closed, more or less to a man, we said come Jan 1st we need a new CF. In Daniel Levy and Poch's open mic session, DL acknowledged, yep we need a new CF. The club get it, we get it, Poch also wants a new CF, just the right one.

So I think all are in agreement, we need another CF. I don't think anyone disagrees do they?

Last edited:
Back