• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

My point was that others are doing business (granted, not everyone), yet we're not. The question is whether we're we not signing a CF because Levy wont allow the spend, or because Poch really doesn't want a second CF in the squad.

Leicester are apparently after Remy so that the have a 4th CF in the squad....we don't even have two

Leicester tend to play with a front 3. Remy could easily be taking Okazaki's place.

Leicester tend to play with a front 3. Remy could easily be taking Okazaki's place.

However many they have, they still have cover!!! We don't. Look, no-one is saying that we're expecting Spurs to sign someone £40m superstar or a position such as CM where we have decent options, but it seems crazy that we only have 1 CF and aren't patching it up with a Saha/Ryan Nelsen type signing

These 'I want a new poney daddy' types really get me annoyed. They start every transfer window.
That's all very well for you to say. But if we don't buy a new striker I'm going to break all my toys, stamp my feet and hold my breath until my face turns blue!!

However many they have, they still have cover!!! We don't. Look, no-one is saying that we're expecting Spurs to sign someone £40m superstar or a position such as CM where we have decent options, but it seems crazy that we only have 1 CF and aren't patching it up with a Saha/Ryan Nelsen type signing

But we do. Just because they're not listed as strikers on some website doesn't mean they can't play in that position. We don't play with a typical target man or lone striker. As much as these labels are a bit cliche, Kane plays more like a false nine.

But we do. Just because they're not listed as strikers on some website doesn't mean they can't play in that position. We don't play with a typical target man or lone striker. As much as these labels are a bit cliche, Kane plays more like a false nine.

No he doesn't. Just because he has decent movement doesn't stop him being an out and out CF

No he doesn't. Just because he has decent movement doesn't stop him being an out and out CF

He may be considered an out and out striker, but he doesn't play like one for us. It's all about movement, creating openings for others.

He may be considered an out and out striker, but he doesn't play like one for us. It's all about movement, creating openings for others.

well, lets just say I disagree rather than continue with this! I just hope that Kane doesn't get injured and the ability of others to fill in for him gets properly tested

My point was that others are doing business (granted, not everyone), yet we're not. The question is whether we're we not signing a CF because Levy wont allow the spend, or because Poch really doesn't want a second CF in the squad.

Leicester are apparently after Remy so that the have a 4th CF in the squad....we don't even have two
I'll just refer you to my post in the Saido thread:

Gab Marcotti: I can't comment on the past but Levy is not the reason Spurs haven't signed a striker this month. In fact, I've heard he definitely offered Pochettino Austin in the summer. It's Poch who's reluctant... He is very wary of upsetting squad balance and is only interested in a long-term solution, rather than a stop-gap

I'll get back to this when Kane gets a serious injury and we have a bad run of games, struggling for goals for 3 months.

I'm finding it difficult to know who to trust on this one. On the one hand we have a manager who has built the best Spurs team in recent memory. Someone who has spent 18 months weeding out the players who do not suit his approach or are bad influences. Has built a tight knit squad, who seem to genuinely enjoy each others company and who fight for each other on the pitch. And on the other hand we have some blokes on the internet who are mainly wrong.

well, lets just say I disagree rather than continue with this! I just hope that Kane doesn't get injured and the ability of others to fill in for him gets properly tested

I agree AdamB. Just can't see how three players out and zero in makes our squad stronger in the second half of the season.

I'm finding it difficult to know who to trust on this one. On the one hand we have a manager who has built the best Spurs team in recent memory. Someone who has spent 18 months weeding out the players who do not suit his approach or are bad influences. Has built a tight knit squad, who seem to genuinely enjoy each others company and who fight for each other on the pitch. And on the other hand we have some blokes on the internet who are mainly wrong.

We all hope you are right. Some just fear you are wrong to suggest our squad doesn't need strengthening and we live to regret it.

Back