• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

When asked on whether he prefers red or blue - Lille's home kit is red - Hazard told Canal+ that he likes both colours but added: "It's the blue that I'll be wearing next season. Definitely the blue."

When asked on whether he prefers red or blue - Lille's home kit is red - Hazard told Canal+ that he likes both colours but added: "It's the blue that I'll be wearing next season. Definitely the blue."

What a tease. Is that navy or baby blue?

For arguments sake lets say it's between us and City then his choice is the difference between more money, genuinely competing for trophies, definite CL participation vs. more playing time, retaining his soul, possible CL participation. The odds are stacked against us really.

I haven't really seen him play. What kind of centre half is he? And which side of the back two does he tend to play?

I'd say he's the cultured ball playing type. Against Utd he had a few brain farts but overall was good. To me he appears to be a leader of men type. Cool and composed. Would be a top signing with potential to develop into a world class CB.

For arguments sake lets say it's between us and City then his choice is the difference between more money, genuinely competing for trophies, definite CL participation vs. more playing time, retaining his soul, possible CL participation. The odds are stacked against us really.

Surely if it was us he wouldnt emphasise the blue like that.

Much more likely that this was a reference to whether he joins Utd or City and, as you say, he's taking the ?ú?ú?ú

I would ignore Hazard - he's not coming to us

No chance he's coming here, the only plus we have is "first team football". But I think that will soon get overlooked if he can compete for major honours and double our wages

I'd say he's the cultured ball playing type. Against Utd he had a few brain farts but overall was good. To me he appears to be a leader of men type. Cool and composed. Would be a top signing with potential to develop into a world class CB.

Do you think he would form a good partnership with Kaboul? that would be key imo, otherwise it would be a waste of money

Surely if it was us he wouldnt emphasise the blue like that.

Much more likely that this was a reference to whether he joins Utd or City and, as you say, he's taking the ?ú?ú?ú

I would ignore Hazard - he's not coming to us

Agreed. Would seem he is either City or Chelsea bound. Most likely City on a nice bumper pay deal.

That concerns me! A top centre half would have a few over the course of a 50 game season, not one match :lol:

Like people have already pointed out, this might not be something Lille has any issue with. They might even be behind it, who knows? They are likely to want to cash in on him sooner or later and building him up isn't going to hurt them.

More than that though, he's a kid who just turned 21. He has had a lot of footballing success, being constantly praised by press, fans, managers and random people. At 21 he has 26 senior international caps for Beligium, he is probably already on massive money compared to what any "normal" person makes and is likely to be on absurd money based on almost any standards. He is being linked to some of the best football clubs in the world and regularly has tens of thousands of people chanting his name and applauding him live.

I don't know how I would have reacted in that situation at that age, and I find it a bit harsh to come down very hard on him for something like this.

I reckon Braineclipse was finger banged in the back of a Punto! :)

Lille is backing this for no other reason than to drive his price up. Give the kid a break. If you want to be mad at anybody, be mad at Lille. Hazard is a class player.

No fudging chance he comes to Spurs.

Lets just wait for him to do it in the big boys league before everyone tosss him off eh?

Cole has looked class in that league!

The fact is Spurs will not pay more than ?ú100k a week and shouldn't do so either.

How's about...

"The sun'll come out, Vertonghen...
Betcha bottom dollar, that Vertonghen...
He will come...

Just thinkin' about, Vertonghen...
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow... 'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray, And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin, And Saaaay,
Oh!

The sun'll come out, Vertonghen
So ya gotta hang on, 'To Vertonghen
Come what may...

Vertonghen! Vertonghen!
We love ya Vertonghen!
You play it the Tottenahm way!
"

(or maybe just the last bit....) too soon?

Last edited:
Why would the interviewer not ask a follow up question when he says 'definitely the blue,' something along the lines of 'ok so you're going to Emirates Marketing Project then?'.

Sounds fishy to me.

That concerns me! A top centre half would have a few over the course of a 50 game season, not one match :lol:

Yes that's not good but I formed the opinion that he was trying a bit too hard against Utd. Like he knew he was in the shop window and was showing his wares.

I think this caliber of player is top of our range at the moment. Good withe the potential to be great. Wortha punt if we can get him.

Next we need VDV to tap up Eriksen.

He's ours. No doubt

As I said before, he should be ours but I wouldnt put it past us to screw him around til August, trying to negotiate 50p off the fee and giving us until 2020 to pay it, and then someone else comes in and we lose him. I wont believe it til he photod at Spurs Lodge holding up the shirt!!

Back