• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

He needs a manager to believe in him. I really think Pochettino could have got the best out of him oddly. He could be excellent in a pressing system from the front

He has had several managers that did believe in him; including Poch who played him a lot in pre-season. The time for excuses for Lennon has gone I'm afraid...

Anyone think the transfer activity might be hinging a little on whether we get to the League Cup final and who realistically thinks they have a chance of playing in it?

Could that be why one or two aren't even getting a look in now so that the message is clear: "no point staying if you think you might as well as you might get to play in a cup final?"

He has had several managers that did believe in him; including Poch who played him a lot in pre-season. The time for excuses for Lennon has gone I'm afraid...

He's been mismanaged in my view. So many different managers wanting different things from him. He had the raw tools to do a lot more.

He's been mismanaged in my view. So many different managers wanting different things from him. He had the raw tools to do a lot more.

He has had many different managers like other players; he's been around for so long that if he had honed his game even more than he did that wouldn't be a problem.

Regardless of styles of managers he was always in their teams at the beginning. Ask yourself, when he DOES play, how often does he take on a player and look dangerous? Rarely these days...plus there have often been rumours that he likes a tipple, plus the 'I don't fancy playing for England' which was often assumed to be related to him....nah, time for him to move on imv, sadly

Cristiano Ronaldo says he would like to play in Brazil when his Real Madrid career comes to an end, which is a blow to Manchester United's hopes of re-signing the 29-year-old Portugal forward. (Metro)

Tottenham hope to persuade Everton to sell them 27-year-old Belgium winger Kevin Mirallas - who missed a penalty against West Brom on Monday - and are willing to offer Aaron Lennon in part exchange. (Daily Mirror)

Zenit St-Petersburg midfielder Axel Witsel has alerted Manchester United by saying he is keen to play in the Premier League. (Daily Star)

Barcelona midfielder Xavi wants the Spanish giants to bring Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla, 30, to the Nou Camp. (Metro)

Chelsea want to sign Fiorentina winger Juan Cuadrado, 26, but may have to sell Germany forward Andre Schurrle, 24, and 22-year-old Egypt winger Mohamed Salah first. (Daily Mirror)

England midfielder James Milner, 29, has moved closer to leaving Emirates Marketing Project as contract talks stall. (Guardian)

Arsenal have opened talks with Villarreal about signing 24-year-old Brazilian centre-back Gabriel Paulista. (Telegraph)

But another Gunners target, 26-year-old defender Winston Reid, has denied suggestions he wants to leave West Ham in the January transfer window. (London Evening Standard)

Crystal Palace are interested in Sevilla's 28-year-old Cameroon midfielder Stephane Mbia, who is available on a free transfer. (Daily Mail)

Emirates Marketing Project's Argentine striker Sergio Aguero, 26, is determined to prove he can recapture the form he was in before his knee injury by scoring the goals to beat Chelsea and Barcelona next month. (Manchester Evening News)

Former Tottenham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine player David Ginola, 47, is attempting to raise £2.3m to fund his Fifa president campaign but has managed to gather just £5,506 in the first week. (Guardian)

Former striker Michael Owen says Manchester United are "not functioning as a team" and believes 31-year-old Netherlands striker Robin van Persie is no longer living up to his reputation. (Telegraph)

Romelu Lukaku, 21, is not doing the business at Everton and the club need to buy another striker, says former Toffees goalkeeper Neville Southall. (Talksport)

For the second game in a row, illness prevented Mario Balotelli, 24, from being included in the Liverpool squad, so the Italy striker donned his onesie to watch Tuesday's 1-1 draw with Chelsea in the Capital One Cup semi-final first leg.

Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea, 24, looked to have decided against watching the game, however, as he provided an insight into his musical tastes by tweeting a photo from a Slipknot gig and the words: "Amazing concert."

It was a trip down memory lane for England winger Theo Walcott on Tuesday as he tweeted a picture of himself and Arsene Wenger holding an Arsenal shirt with the caption "9 years ago today..." Walcott joined Arsenal as a 16-year-old back in 2006 from Southampton.

Wenger, meanwhile, joined a host of sports stars and celebrities at a gala in Geneva. Formula 1 driver Nico Rosberg posted a picture of Wenger, along with the caption: "Met some great people. like every year..."

What do doodles say about players? Emirates Marketing Project's Aguero, Fernandinho and Willy Caballero sketched pictures during a news conference in Abu Dhabi with intriguing results. (Manchester Evening News)

A Liverpool fan in Norway has given his daughter the middle name YNWA - the acronym for the Reds' You'll Never Walk Alone motto. (Daily Mirror)

From my own point of view there would be no way that I would replace Lennon with Kevin miralles. Just a few seasons ago we had a thread talking about cover for him. I think when he has played this seas on he has been good. I love the guy but then I'm an old Spurs romantic.

He has had many different managers like other players; he's been around for so long that if he had honed his game even more than he did that wouldn't be a problem.

Regardless of styles of managers he was always in their teams at the beginning. Ask yourself, when he DOES play, how often does he take on a player and look dangerous? Rarely these days...plus there have often been rumours that he likes a tipple, plus the 'I don't fancy playing for England' which was often assumed to be related to him....nah, time for him to move on imv, sadly

Are you sure that if a Manager instructed him to stay wide, take on FB, get to bye-line and get ball across, help cover our RB, change wings and move around when appropriate, Lennon would not do all of these?
I don't think any of our wingers are better in all of these aspects, Chadli is a better finisher, but all-round he is often not in the game. I think Lennon follows instruction, which may have caused him to be less effective now. Since, Cappello decided to ask him to come inside and let Glenn Johnson overlap, then Harry/AVB decided to let Brainfart-Walker do the same Lennon more or less ended up concentrating on ball retention.

I would criticise him for not working on his left foot and dropping his right shoulder so that he can go both ways, but even now he should be made to practice that, if he refuses then, quite rightly, he should be moved on.

But first let's see if he can help us break down teams who work hard just to park the bus.

Former Tottenham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine player David Ginola, 47, is attempting to raise £2.3m to fund his Fifa president campaign but has managed to gather just £5,506 in the first week. (Guardian)

£2.3m ? What does he intend to spend it on ?!?! sounds crooked right of the bat.

SuperSport United midfielder Morne Nel is on the brink of sealing a deal to English Premiership outfit Tottenham Hotspur.

Nel joined Matsatsantsa in July 2013 from Old Mutual Academy and spent a few weeks training with Spurs in September that year.

Now KickOff.com can reveal that SuperSport, who have a partnership with the English side, are negotiating a transfer for the 18-year-old, though one of his former coaches say nothing is official just yet.

“From what I understand there were negotiations going on between SuperSport United and Tottenham regarding Morne,” Roger Links tells KickOff.com.

“From what I know, it’s a question of SuperSport United agreeing with Tottenham. But you will have to call the player’s agent Mark ‘Boontjies’ Williams for more on that.”

When KickOff.com called Williams, who also represented Mkhanyiseli Siwahla in the past, he refused to divulge details. “I have nothing to say regarding this matter,” he said.

Nel has been slowly been working his way up through the SuperSport ranks. According to Links, who played for Bafana Bafana in the early years, the young midfielder wouldn’t struggle in Europe given a chance.

“In my opinion, Nel will do exceptionally well in Europe. I’ve been involved with development for over 12 years now and I know it when a player can cut it in big leagues.”

KickOff.com tried to contact SuperSport CEO Stan Matthews and team manager Coltrane Munyai, but neither were available for comment.

If Nel does make the move, he will be the fourth South African to play for Spurs after 'OJ' Mabizela, Steven Pienaar and Bongani Khumalo.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/52099/morne-nel-on-the-verge-of-tottenham-hotspur-move

From my own point of view there would be no way that I would replace Lennon with Kevin miralles. Just a few seasons ago we had a thread talking about cover for him. I think when he has played this seas on he has been good. I love the guy but then I'm an old Spurs romantic.

really? I think Mirallas has more goals this season than Lennon has had his whole career with us

:( That is quite depressing.. Could we say assists too.

Not that depressing as it is total overhyperbolic rubbish - unless Mirallas is somehow a mid-twenty goal midfielder by January.

I'd say Lennon needs to play regularly to hit form and that probably won't happen so maybe he needs to go to a club where he will play week in week out.

I wouldn't mind Mirallas coming in but this build up of crap being spouted against Lennon is fairly "poor form, chaps!"

Darren Fletcher considers Man Utd departure for move to West Ham, West Brom or Valencia.

Allardyce, Pulis or Nuno Espírito Santo.

Tough one.

Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino has hinted at his future transfer policy in the London Evening Standard.

The Tottenham boss has suggested that he will never sign a player if he doesn’t feel they can come forward and offer an improvement on the players already in his academy system.

“If we have in the talent in the academy, we need to give the opportunity. Why find players outside the club?” said the boss.

“We won’t give opportunities to those we don’t believe have the potential to play in the first team, but if they do, I prefer to give them the chance. For me, there are many players here who have that potential.”

Back