• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Can anyone think of a reason (I know let's assume that ITK was true) why a deal for Lennon could've been agreed a while ago but nothing is being announced/done yet?

I wonder if he wants to stay and maybe he is holding out to see if a few others leave first and he could be involved a bit more again.

Can anyone think of a reason (I know let's assume that ITK was true) why a deal for Lennon could've been agreed a while ago but nothing is being announced/done yet?

I wonder if he wants to stay and maybe he is holding out to see if a few others leave first and he could be involved a bit more again.

Believe Lennon has repeatedly said he wants to stay and fight for his place ..

I'd be very wary of signing Everton players. They are very tailored to their particular system, and don't tend to do well when they move on.

????.... Do Moyes and Martinez use exactly the same system then?

He's out of contract, so no one will own him.

For sure Konoplyanka is out of contract with his club.... but it wouldn't surprise me if a chunk of him is still owned by one or more third parties.

Of those listed I think the Ukranian has question marks over his work rate and whether or not he could (or more importantly would want to) adapt to English football. Rodriguez has serious question marks due to his ACL injury, I think Mirallas is probably too old for us to want to shell out the fee that it would take for Everton to sell to us which leaves Ayew, who I think could be a good option for us on a free.

But when you aren't even making the bench, with Lamela is injured and Townsend's not on the top of his game, the outlook is bleak.

Like Dawson though, he's only a few months away from 10 years with Spurs and earning a testimonial match. I'm genuinely not sure how important that is to a player, but it might be a factor in his thinking. Also, what's the deal with his contract? Ignoring my Spurs bias for a second (if that's possible)... if I was a premiership player in my late 20s, knowing that I probably only had one big move left... I would probably try to run down my existing contract and ensure I got a big pay cheque from my last club. Obviously if Lennon still has a few years left, that's irrelevant, but you could hardly blame him for wanting to stick around another year if it meant both a testimonial match, and a bigger salary when he leaves.

I'd be sad to see Lennon go. I get quite annoyed at fans talking about how sh*t he is. He's done a lot for us and been there right from the start of this climb to propel us back into the country's leading 5/6 teams. Before his era we had the dross of the 00's. That was awful and Lennon was an absolute joy to watch in his early years.

Great memories too. Chelsea winner. Equaliser v the scum in the 4-4. The run and cross for Crouch's goal at the San Siro. He and Bale were sensational for a period of 10 games or so in 2011/12 season. He was fantastic early season in the year we qualified for the champions league too.

Remember him netting winners against West Ham, Birmingham at home, late goals v Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Watching Lennon run at pace and destroying the likes of Evra was a joy. I don't think he's anywhere near finished, but ultimately it's Poch's call.

Like Dawson though, he's only a few months away from 10 years with Spurs and earning a testimonial match. I'm genuinely not sure how important that is to a player, but it might be a factor in his thinking. Also, what's the deal with his contract? Ignoring my Spurs bias for a second (if that's possible)... if I was a premiership player in my late 20s, knowing that I probably only had one big move left... I would probably try to run down my existing contract and ensure I got a big pay cheque from my last club. Obviously if Lennon still has a few years left, that's irrelevant, but you could hardly blame him for wanting to stick around another year if it meant both a testimonial match, and a bigger salary when he leaves.

Dawson has been granted a testimonial, even though he only reached 9.5 years.

I'd be sad to see Lennon go. I get quite annoyed at fans talking about how sh*t he is. He's done a lot for us and been there right from the start of this climb to propel us back into the country's leading 5/6 teams. Before his era we had the dross of the 00's. That was awful and Lennon was an absolute joy to watch in his early years.

Great memories too. Chelsea winner. Equaliser v the scum in the 4-4. The run and cross for Crouch's goal at the San Siro. He and Bale were sensational for a period of 10 games or so in 2011/12 season. He was fantastic early season in the year we qualified for the champions league too.

Remember him netting winners against West Ham, Birmingham at home, late goals v Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Watching Lennon run at pace and destroying the likes of Evra was a joy. I don't think he's anywhere near finished, but ultimately it's Poch's call.

I think Lennon is a really good and underrated player.

I've never particularly warmed to him as an individual though - he never really grew out of his gangsta persona. I love the TehTruck satire of him, where he keeps slipping out of gangsta into broad Yorkshire.

I've never particularly warmed to him as an individual though - he never really grew out of his gangsta persona. I love the TehTruck satire of him, where he keeps slipping out of gangsta into broad Yorkshire.

He's in his tenth year with us. It's rare to see, we saw it with Ledley. Lennon and Dawson give a sh*t about the club imv. They spent almost their whole career with us. As fans there is an affinity for players we have seen grow up wearing the lillywhite of Spurs. Hope he gets his testimonial too.

Well said mate. One of my fave players (but I understand his omission). Funny to think (like Barmby) he was very homesick early on with us.

Can someone summarise what happened with Soton and Burnley and QPR... something like... Charlie Austin was a Burnley's top scorer but they sold him to QPR and got Ings from Southampton... and was Jay Rodriguez originally from oop north... where did these three good players spring from? Can we get the next one off the production line?

Can someone summarise what happened with Soton and Burnley and QPR... something like... Charlie Austin was a Burnley's top scorer but they sold him to QPR and got Ings from Southampton... and was Jay Rodriguez originally from oop north... where did these three good players spring from? Can we get the next one off the production line?

Harry Kane?

Completely agree.

Dawson has been granted a testimonial, even though he only reached 9.5 years.

Have you been in his company then?

Agree with all of that though I could easily believe that he'll fade quickly in a couple years when his pace starts to go

Back