• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

I agree - ~I think our squad is pretty much perfectly formed.

My ideal January though would be bringing in Bernardo Silva or someone similar, but with a view to letting them bed in over the spring ready for next season; rather than having them start unprepared in Aug/Sept.

It would also test Eriksen's mentality - see if he crumbles with the competition like he's done a bit with Alli (and if so flog him in June), or whether he has a Lennon-style spur.
Whilst I have a lot of admiration for Bernardo Silva, I don't quite see how you can decide that Eriksen crumbled after Ali came in considering Eriksen provided more assists than any other PL player aside from Ozil last season?

In light of your comment here regarding crumbling with competition, I assume you are extremely concerned at Dier's mentality, what with him having crumbled since Wanyama has come in and provided competition?

Whilst I have a lot of admiration for Bernardo Silva, I don't quite see how you can decide that Eriksen crumbled after Ali came in considering Eriksen provided more assists than any other PL player aside from Ozil last season?

In light of your comment here regarding crumbling with competition, I assume you are extremely concerned at Dier's mentality, what with him having crumbled since Wanyama has come in and provided competition?

That was because we were the best team in the league for most of the season. Surely you can see that Eriksen has steadily become a worse player since his peak with us in about winter 14-15?

Dier just had a Euros hangover, then has been covering at CB. I'm confident he'll take his place back from Wanyama over the next few weeks.

Silva would give us exactly what we are crying out for - a proper playmaker coming in from WF with some explosive spark in the final third, as well as an eye for a carefully threaded pass.

That was because we were the best team in the league for most of the season. Surely you can see that Eriksen has steadily become a worse player since his peak with us in about winter 14-15?

Dier just had a Euros hangover, then has been covering at CB. I'm confident he'll take his place back from Wanyama over the next few weeks.

Silva would give us exactly what we are crying out for - a proper playmaker coming in from WF with some explosive spark in the final third, as well as an eye for a carefully threaded pass.
Why does that only apply to Eriksen? How can you arbitrarily decide that Eriksen managed to be the second highest assister of goals in the league only because we were the best team for most of last season? Surely you would have to use the same analogy to put Dier's good form last season being down to the same fact?

Also what exactly is a "Euros hangover"? Why is it that Dier is afforded excuses from you but Eriksen isn't? Also why is it that Walker and Rose have not got that same "Euros hangover?".... Did they stick to the beer, whilst Dier was adding sneaky tequila shots between rounds?!?

The fact of the matter at the moment is that the manager is picking Wanyama ahead of Dier in the holding midfield position. I would imagine he is doing this because he thinks he is a better player in that position (or perhaps that he is in better form than Dier in that position?) I agree that with Eriksen it is less cut and dry as we have been without Lamela. However I would imagine it is more likely that we'll see Son dropped when Lamela returns as opposed to it being Eriksen who makes way.

I really like Nzonzi, he has experience of this league and I think would add a creative spark we have missed while also being very strong defensively.

Why does that only apply to Eriksen? How can you arbitrarily decide that Eriksen managed to be the second highest assister of goals in the league only because we were the best team for most of last season? Surely you would have to use the same analogy to put Dier's good form last season being down to the same fact?

Also what exactly is a "Euros hangover"? Why is it that Dier is afforded excuses from you but Eriksen isn't? Also why is it that Walker and Rose have not got that same "Euros hangover?".... Did they stick to the beer, whilst Dier was adding sneaky tequila shots between rounds?!?

The fact of the matter at the moment is that the manager is picking Wanyama ahead of Dier in the holding midfield position. I would imagine he is doing this because he thinks he is a better player in that position (or perhaps that he is in better form than Dier in that position?) I agree that with Eriksen it is less cut and dry as we have been without Lamela. However I would imagine it is more likely that we'll see Son dropped when Lamela returns as opposed to it being Eriksen who makes way.

Agree with most of this. Although personally I wouldn't drop Son for Lamela as Son is more direct, is pacier and scores more goals. The problem we have is Alli, Eriksen, Lamela and Son have all been off form for the most part this season, there hasn't been any standout, they have all been up and down. You can make a call for each player to be dropped, although Eriksen has improved over the last few games.

Agree with most of this. Although personally I wouldn't drop Son for Lamela as Son is more direct, is pacier and scores more goals. The problem we have is Alli, Eriksen, Lamela and Son have all been off form for the most part this season, there hasn't been any standout, they have all been up and down.
I agree with you in part.... I just feel that Son is the type of player who is more successful when coming off then bench with his pace and direct running being more effective against defenders later on when they are less fresh.

I agree with you in part.... I just feel that Son is the type of player who is more successful when coming off then bench with his pace and direct running being more effective against defenders later on when they are less fresh.

I just worry who is going to score if Kane is quite at it and Son is not on the pitch.

Agree with most of this. Although personally I wouldn't drop Son for Lamela as Son is more direct, is pacier and scores more goals. The problem we have is Alli, Eriksen, Lamela and Son have all been off form for the most part this season, there hasn't been any standout, they have all been up and down.

I would actually imagine that in certain games Son will be more effective than Lamela and vice-versa. Son has more pace and directness, but Lamela has better first time control, presses better and can play that slide-rule pass. It's good to have a variety of skillset, it's up to the manager to choose appropriately depending on the game etc.

But i have to say atm, Alli seems to be in the team on reputation: it could be him that drops out when Lamela returns.

Agree that none of them have stood out: i hope it's not a case of Poch's methodology draining the creative juices of our attacking midfielders over time..:(

I do think this bringing pacey players off the bench for a tiring defence thing is a bit of a myth. Can you give examples of these players who come off the bench and just 'breeze' past tired looking defenders? Did Son score all his goals for Hamburg and Leverkusen coming off the bench? No.....

I do think this bringing pacey players off the bench for a tiring defence thing is a bit of a myth. Can you give examples of these players who come off the bench and just 'breeze' past tired looking defenders? Did Son score all his goals for Hamburg and Leverkusen coming off the bench? No.....

Yeah, you could argue Lamela's pressing would be more effective off the bench as he's chasing tired defenders.

Aaron Lennon, NKoudou, Simon Davies

I meant that Eriksen's general form has tailored off since 18 months ago when Alli came in, took the central position and became the main AM. Eriksen has become more peripheral at LCM and has never really offered much of an answer to being sidelined.

Alli's not been a patch on him this season...

Lennon and Nkoudou are just rapid, they go past defenders because of their pace not because defenders are tired....

Do you not think that a defender that is tired is EVEN MORE susceptible to pace?
Plus isn't the point that the defence may have to change their way of playing (e.g. playing deeper so there is les space in behind them and also they cannot press US further up the field) if such a rapid player comes on?

Yeah, you could argue Lamela's pressing would be more effective off the bench as he's chasing tired defenders.
It's tough to choose between Son and Lamella. Both can be very dynamic in different ways. I still think Lamella is more crucial, but he could do with coming up with a few more goals a la Son. What we really need is our own Sanchez/Hazard/Silva but I doubt we'll be getting one of those anytime soon....

Do you not think that a defender that is tired is EVEN MORE susceptible to pace?
Plus isn't the point that the defence may have to change their way of playing (e.g. playing deeper so there is les space in behind them and also they cannot press US further up the field) if such a rapid player comes on?
Not really in the modern game defenders are in good condition for the whole game, if they get beat for pace it's because the player is quicker than them not because they're tired. Look at our own full backs, they go up and down the touch line as much as anyone for 90 minutes and I don't see them fatigued in the latter parts of a game. I don't recall Lennon coming off the bench much and changing a game, he was always used from the start to affect games with his pace. as for Nkoudou he hasn't had any real effect either, whilst looking like he has potential. My point is I wouldn't waste a resource like Son on the bench for seventy odd minutes waiting for defenders to tire before playing him. If you think his pace is going to trouble a defence then do it from the start....

It's tough to choose between Son and Lamella. Both can be very dynamic in different ways. I still think Lamella is more crucial, but he could do with coming up with a few more goals a la Son. What we really need is our own Sanchez/Hazard/Silva but I doubt we'll be getting one of those anytime soon....

Lamela is more key to how we play but Son is more likely to pop up with a goal - however i think that our attack as a unit would look better with Lamela in there, so its a tricky one. if both were available at the moment then id have them both in the side with either Alli or Eriksen making way due to a lack of form

Lamela is more key to how we play but Son is more likely to pop up with a goal - however i think that our attack as a unit would look better with Lamela in there, so its a tricky one. if both were available at the moment then id have them both in the side with either Alli or Eriksen making way due to a lack of form
I agree with pretty much all of that. I think Alli has been very poor this season....

Back