• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Policy

Our transfer policy over the last two years leaves a lot to be desired. Dating back to us qualifying for the CL but only ending up with VDV on the last day of the window.

Even in January 2011 when we had a legitimate shot at making the CL we bought nobody. Even last summer when we knew we needed a striker we still refused to buy anyone and only signed Adebayor on loan after we had 0 points out of 6 at the beginning of the season. And having Adebayor on loan meant when we had a chance of actually catching City we had to face them without Adebayor who was on loan.

And then there was this January when we were third and we were outsiders for the title we obviously needed a top striker and we ended up with that waste of space Saha. Everton were in the bottom third of the table but they, Everton, could not wait to pay him off and get him out of the club.

In the meantime Everton upgraded on Saha and have steadily moved up the table.

What makes things worse is how good Saudi Sportswashing Machine look with their new striker. As a team they look much more offensive than us and now look like they can score against anyone. I am so impressed with Saudi Sportswashing Machine that I am ready to concede that two African strikers are worth the risk even though you may lose them to the Nations Cup. If Saudi Sportswashing Machine can strength and get such quality up front then how come we can't? Our management have dropped the ball and we are now paying for it We have failed to purchase a quality striker over the last 6 transfer windows and that is just shocking - no excuse whatsoever.

Our management have royally fcuked up when it comes to transfers and they need to take some responsibility for our present situation

100% Agreed. And its not a question of being clever in hindsight. Me and quite a few others recognised this problem at the time.

My bug bear has always been as most of the time he plays instead of a striker that he should score a few more goals, but most importantly that he should not isolate Ade. He simply comes to deep picking the ball of our back 4 when we have other players that could do that. We have Modric to dictate play

Agree with this. if we have Modric and Parker playing deep - we dont need another one. VDV isolates Ade far too much

I think the biggest problem we have at the moment is that our first team is very good and I can't see Levy splashing out ?ú15m on squad players.....

And therein lies the rub, you think our first team is very good and I don't

Secondly, even if you have a good first team what happens when you got injuries?

This shorted sighted attitude is why we can now kiss CL goodbye

Apart from the fact that Saha is crap, just as importantly he is injury prone. Now we need him, guess what he is injured

We were cheap and this is our reward, yeah lets sign Saha for nothing.

Everton replace injury prone Saha with Jelavic for ?ú5.5m who has now scored 8 goals in 12 matches. And what do Spurs do? They go and get injury prone Saha just because he is free as a replacement for Pav. And now we are struggling to score goals, go figure

Is Saha the spacegoat of the week? He's got 4 goals in 493 minutes. Pav had 4 in 996 mins. You do the math.

Been saying this for a while but our squad is seriously overrated in terms of quality.

Been saying this for a while but our squad is seriously overrated in terms of quality.

I got laughed at for saying that Arsenal have a lot more strength in depth than we do but its true. Their is very little between their first choice and second choice teams other than Van Pervie.

I got laughed at for saying that Arsenal have a lot more strength in depth than we do but its true. Their is very little between their first choice and second choice teams other than Van Pervie.

but they dont have strength in depth IMO. they just have a well drilled and successful pattern of play. in bankrupts terms..its has cohesion and everyone knows their place in it and how to make it work

their playing style is what makes them able to go into their reserves without losing too much value.

but they dont have strength in depth IMO. they just have a well drilled and successful pattern of play. in bankrupts terms..its has cohesion and everyone knows their place in it and how to make it work

their playing style is what makes them able to go into their reserves without losing too much value.
I agree this is a massive thing. However when it comes to strength in depth they have a lot more than we do. Their reserves fit the player they are replacing in terms of the role they operate in, which is a lot more than we can say as we don't have ready made replacements for any of our attacking midfield.

Is Saha the spacegoat of the week? He's got 4 goals in 493 minutes. Pav had 4 in 996 mins. You do the math.

My maths tells me that when we sign a player from Everton that had only scored 1 goal in 18 league appearances there was alawys going to be cause for concern.

With the exception of his performance against Saudi Sportswashing Machine (which made me briefly doubt myself about it being a bad signing) and his sub appearance against Liverpool he has looked a very poor player. The last time Saha started for Spurs he was so brick he was subbed at half time.

To make things worse the only striker I can think of who is more injury prone than Saha is Michael Owen so that is saying something. SO is it a surprise that with Ade out injured when we really need Saha to step up, guess what he to is injured.

The only transfer policy we have under Redknapp is short term older buys, he is a wheeler dealer and he is out of his depth here.

The only transfer policy we have under Redknapp is short term older buys, he is a wheeler dealer and he is out of his depth here.
it would be

A few days ago I read a story we were interested in Drogba. Chances are it is a load of rubbish, and I do not believe it anyway, but if it were true it would be a typical Harry signing

it would be

A few days ago I read a story we were interested in Drogba. Chances are it is a load of rubbish, and I do not believe it anyway, but if it were true it would be a typical Harry signing

Yep, and there was also a story about J.Cole again.

TOTTENHAM plan to dump Louis Saha and Ryan Nelsen at the end of the season before launching an internal inquiry into their disastrous January transfer business. TottenhamÔÇÖs slump, which has seen the club slip outside the top four of the Premier League and threatens to cost them Champions League qualification, is being blamed on the mid-season dealings.

Since the end of January and the closure of the transfer window, Tottenham have won just two Premier League games.
Their poor form has been attributed to the distraction of manager Harry Redknapp becoming favourite to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager after the Italian quit.

But Spurs officials also believe crucial mistakes were made in January. Saha and Nelsen were both signed on deals until the end of the season with options for extensions, but neither man has proved he is worth keeping. Striker Saha scored two goals against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on his full debut but has disappointed since and has once again been hit by injury. Spurs sold Roman Pavlyuchenko to Lokomotiv Moscow for ?ú7.5million to make room for Saha but many sources within White Hart Lane rate the Russian as a better back-up option.

Centre-back Nelsen is yet to start a Premier League game, despite the fact Ledley King has been badly struggling with long-term injury problems and Redknapp has complained about not having enough central defenders.

Tottenham currently have Sebastien Bassong, Vedran Corluka and Steven Caulker out on loan, which has prompted questions from within the club. CaulkerÔÇÖs form for Swansea has been so impressive that he is set to return to White Hart Lane in the summer and be given a first-team chance.

Redknapp may also be asked to explain why he allowed Steven Pienaar to join Everton on loan after missing out on the January signing of Milos Krasic. Having tinkered with Gareth BaleÔÇÖs starting position, which has invited criticism and unbalanced his side, Redknapp has claimed his squad has lacked pace and he has been short of mid fielders. But Pienaar has already scored three goals at Everton, including the dramatic equaliser against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday. Spurs agreed to make Pienaar one of the highest earners at the club on ?ú70,000 a week when they signed him from Everton in January 2011, but Redknapp barely played him before allowing him to return to Goodison Park on loan a year later.

Asked to justify his transfer business following SaturdayÔÇÖs loss to QPR, Redknapp said: ÔÇ£Corluka wanted to go and Pienaar wanted to go, so we let them. We have had no problem in midfield because IÔÇÖve got Sandro to play there. The only problem weÔÇÖve had is weÔÇÖve been a bit short up front. ÔÇ£I had five central defenders and now I have only two because of injuries. How many do you want? Five is plenty for two positions.ÔÇØ

Other than picking through what is proving to have been a terrible January, Tottenham are deciding whether they will try to make Emmanuel AdebayorÔÇÖs season-long loan permanent in the summer. Chairman Daniel Levy would be prepared to sign Adebayor only on a free transfer to counteract having to take on his ?ú175,000-a-week wages, but it is believed Redknapp is now having doubts.

TOTTENHAM plan to dump Louis Saha and Ryan Nelsen at the end of the season before launching an internal inquiry into their disastrous January transfer business. Tottenham’s slump, which has seen the club slip outside the top four of the Premier League and threatens to cost them Champions League qualification, is being blamed on the mid-season dealings.

Since the end of January and the closure of the transfer window, Tottenham have won just two Premier League games.
Their poor form has been attributed to the distraction of manager Harry Redknapp becoming favourite to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager after the Italian quit.

But Spurs officials also believe crucial mistakes were made in January. Saha and Nelsen were both signed on deals until the end of the season with options for extensions, but neither man has proved he is worth keeping. Striker Saha scored two goals against Saudi Sportswashing Machine on his full debut but has disappointed since and has once again been hit by injury. Spurs sold Roman Pavlyuchenko to Lokomotiv Moscow for ?ú7.5million to make room for Saha but many sources within White Hart Lane rate the Russian as a better back-up option.

Centre-back Nelsen is yet to start a Premier League game, despite the fact Ledley King has been badly struggling with long-term injury problems and Redknapp has complained about not having enough central defenders.

Tottenham currently have Sebastien Bassong, Vedran Corluka and Steven Caulker out on loan, which has prompted questions from within the club. Caulker’s form for Swansea has been so impressive that he is set to return to White Hart Lane in the summer and be given a first-team chance.

Redknapp may also be asked to explain why he allowed Steven Pienaar to join Everton on loan after missing out on the January signing of Milos Krasic. Having tinkered with Gareth Bale’s starting position, which has invited criticism and unbalanced his side, Redknapp has claimed his squad has lacked pace and he has been short of mid fielders. But Pienaar has already scored three goals at Everton, including the dramatic equaliser against Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday. Spurs agreed to make Pienaar one of the highest earners at the club on ?ú70,000 a week when they signed him from Everton in January 2011, but Redknapp barely played him before allowing him to return to Goodison Park on loan a year later.

Asked to justify his transfer business following Saturday’s loss to QPR, Redknapp said: “Corluka wanted to go and Pienaar wanted to go, so we let them. We have had no problem in midfield because I’ve got Sandro to play there. The only problem we’ve had is we’ve been a bit short up front. “I had five central defenders and now I have only two because of injuries. How many do you want? Five is plenty for two positions.”

Other than picking through what is proving to have been a terrible January, Tottenham are deciding whether they will try to make Emmanuel Adebayor’s season-long loan permanent in the summer. Chairman Daniel Levy would be prepared to sign Adebayor only on a free transfer to counteract having to take on his ?ú175,000-a-week wages, but it is believed Redknapp is now having doubts.

One hopes that this has taught us to never again make the same kind of mistakes.

Knowing Spurs though, we probably will.

Come the summer, unless there is a conspiracy of silence amongst his friends, Harry's transfer policy at Spurs will get some public airing. It is nothing short of shambolic. Blame Levy all you like, and I know some do, but the truth is that IF Levy had given on ALL Redknapp's request, you'd be left with virtually no money to spend this summer and a bunch of early 30-year olds on massive fudging wonga; NOT progressive or smart!

I am ALL for experience, and will once again say that I was proven wrong by Scott Parker's signing (though we can now see that when over-used/knackered out, his pitch GPS goes funny) but everyone could see the issues yet Harry didn't address them definitively because he fears big money gambles.

As some have rightly said, Saudi Sportswashing Machine did very well without massive spending; look who Saudi Sportswashing Machine's chief scout is and where he came from!!!!!! Graham Carr left in February 2010, a time when fortunes were up up up. I'd like to know why...

As some have rightly said, Saudi Sportswashing Machine did very well without massive spending; look who Saudi Sportswashing Machine's chief scout is and where he came from!!!!!! Graham Carr left in February 2010, a time when fortunes were up up up. I'd like to know why...
Chris Hughton knew.

Back