• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Have a look at this one and give me one convincing argument as to why we should splash any significant amount of cash on one player alone. They all get singled out by the media, pressure built up, all the focus on the price tag, the fans take the bait and goes along for the ride, the negative feedback just chokes whoever gets that on them. We have to see this pattern now, and realize we're not in a position to buy all these 50/60-mill players who's supposed to elevate us. They'll practically only weigh us down.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/tottenham/tottenham-transfers-most-expensive-ever/
Not just us though, not a lot top top quality in this lot:
upload_2023-6-8_13-46-15.png
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65836734

Have a look at this one and give me one convincing argument as to why we should splash any significant amount of cash on one player alone. They all get singled out by the media, pressure built up, all the focus on the price tag, the fans take the bait and goes along for the ride, the negative feedback just chokes whoever gets that on them. We have to see this pattern now, and realize we're not in a position to buy all these 50/60-mill players who's supposed to elevate us. They'll practically only weigh us down.

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/tottenham/tottenham-transfers-most-expensive-ever/
There is about a 50% success rate in there, which is probably normal. I'm certainly glad we spent 'significant cash' on Modric and Son.

Just goes to show that the vast majority of transfers ARE a risk and throwing shed loads of money may excite the fans ( some fans) but you never can be sure they will work.

There is about a 50% success rate in there, which is probably normal. I'm certainly glad we spent 'significant cash' on Modric and Son.

Not sure, really only Walker & Chilwell (injury issues aside) are outright success, Stones has been good this season but that's after 6 years?

Sancho, Sterling to Chelsea are outright disasters

Grealish, Maguire, White are ok ... all you could find better alternatives for less

Because when you splash the cash and build a team full of good players you are m9re likely to win titles .. look at United, City, psg, Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea.... but when you buy a few wrong players for hefty prices ... its crap look at spurs.

Not sure, really only Walker & Chilwell (injury issues aside) are outright success, Stones has been good this season but that's after 6 years?

Sancho, Sterling to Chelsea are outright disasters

Grealish, Maguire, White are ok ... all you could find better alternatives for less
The 50% was regarding our biggest buys. Regarding the Premier League's biggest buys, I think only Walker would be in the conversation of PL best in his position.

Was debating with a mate earlier the moves we would like is to mate
We agreed the priority’s were GK, LCB, No 10

For me the owns that are gettable and affordable are

GK - Reya
CB - Kilman
10 - Scott or Maddison

but if HG wasn’t an issue and money was easier …
I’d like

GK - Nubel
LCB - Laporte
10 - Szoboszlai
Those 3 would cost around £120m I think…
The first 3 about £20m less

Anyhow… I’m bored so wanted to put it out there

Was debating with a mate earlier the moves we would like is to mate
We agreed the priority’s were GK, LCB, No 10

For me the owns that are gettable and affordable are

GK - Reya
CB - Kilman
10 - Scott or Maddison

but if HG wasn’t an issue and money was easier …
I’d like

GK - Nubel
LCB - Laporte
10 - Szoboszlai
Those 3 would cost around £120m I think…
The first 3 about £20m less

Anyhow… I’m bored so wanted to put it out there

For me we should get Scott and Nicka in asap. Both are attainable and affordable. Then we could dingdong around with another 2/3, or wait on outgoing revenue, all summer.

I would just love a modern GK and a couple of ball playing CBs so we don't collapse under the first signs of any press.

Is Ndicka good with the ball? We were also linked with Laporte who wouldn't be a bad shout. Haven't watched much of Wolves, What type of CB is Kilman?

I would just love a modern GK and a couple of ball playing CBs so we don't collapse under the first signs of any press.

Is Ndicka good with the ball? We were also linked with Laporte who wouldn't be a bad shout. Haven't watched much of Wolves, What type of CB is Kilman?
They all tick the boxes you describe

This would be my summer business

Out: Forster, Reguilon, Sessegnon, Perisic, Rodon, Tanganga, Sanchez, Lenglet (gone), Winks, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Moura (gone) = 13

In: Henderson, Ndicka, Edwards, Scott, Kudus = 5

Squad:

-------------------------------------------Henderson/Lloris

------Royal/Spence--------Romero/Dier-----------------Ndicka/Edwards--------Davies/Udogie

-------------------------------Bentancur/Sarr--------------Bisssouma/Skipp

----------------------------------------------Kudus/Scott

----Kulusevski/Porro----------------------------------------------------Son/Gil

--------------------------------------------Kane/Richarlison

This would be my summer business

Out: Forster, Reguilon, Sessegnon, Perisic, Rodon, Tanganga, Sanchez, Lenglet (gone), Winks, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Moura (gone) = 13

In: Henderson, Ndicka, Edwards, Scott, Kudus = 5

Squad:

-------------------------------------------Henderson/Lloris

------Royal/Spence--------Romero/Dier-----------------Ndicka/Edwards--------Davies/Udogie

-------------------------------Bentancur/Sarr--------------Bisssouma/Skipp

----------------------------------------------Kudus/Scott

----Kulusevski/Porro----------------------------------------------------Son/Gil

--------------------------------------------Kane/Richarlison
Henderson is signing for Forest
Also not good enough with the ball for an Ange team

Back