• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

"hence not needing an out and out CDM": in terms of not needing a ball-winner, I agree, but a ball-retaining holding CM we do and is part of Ange's system. Skipp is the obvious person in the current squad

Regarding the other names you mention, there's no way in the world Ndombele will fit into Ange's high tempo tactics I'm afraid

Skipp isn't good enough to be a starter (right now) if we are serious about pushing on

Skipp isn't good enough to be a starter (right now) if we are serious about pushing on

If we're playing with a holding CM who retains possession and sits in front of the back 4, and then two more attacking 'no 8s' (which I believe is Ange's set-up) then based on our current squad the best trio in my view is Skipp-Bentancur-Bisouma.

My view is that we'll spend most of our cash on GK, CB and a creative CM who can replace Bisouma in that first choice midfield trio. Then Bisouma, Sarr on the bench. TBC whether PEH is kept

I'm not sure that I see us having the cash to buy an upgrade on Skipp this summer once we've signed those first 3 priorities. Obviously great if we do

If we're playing with a holding CM who retains possession and sits in front of the back 4, and then two more attacking 'no 8s' (which I believe is Ange's set-up) then based on our current squad the best trio in my view is Skipp-Bentancur-Bisouma.

My view is that we'll spend most of our cash on GK, CB and a creative CM who can replace Bisouma in that first choice midfield trio. Then Bisouma, Sarr on the bench. TBC whether PEH is kept

I'm not sure that I see us having the cash to buy an upgrade on Skipp this summer once we've signed those first 3 priorities. Obviously great if we do
I think PEH will be starting games as a first choice central midfield player next season.

Why are people considering Ndombele, his team just won the league and they still don't want him. Any manager has a hard enough time trying to outwit the opposition, without wondering whether that lazy git will turn up.

Why are people considering Ndombele, his team just won the league and they still don't want him. Any manager has a hard enough time trying to outwit the opposition, without wondering whether that lazy git will turn up.

Maybe he's gone to Italy and discovered the Victor wanyama in him and became the all conquering spaghetti monster!

Because his agent can't get him a move to Napoli and has come out with the "going back to Spurs to revive his career" guff.

... and I for one believe him! Welcome back Tanguy, this time it'll be different!

Because his agent can't get him a move to Napoli and has come out with the "going back to Spurs to revive his career" guff.

... and I for one believe him! Welcome back Tanguy, this time it'll be different!
Not saying it will work this time but he's both been mismanaged at Spurs as well not adjusting his attitude well enough to succeed.

Many now forget that under Jose he was pretty decent and was gaining a head of steam just before Jose was sacked. At which point Mason decided he wanted to play his pal Winks instead. Nuno decided he didn't want any of the stress and likewise Conte would never pick a player like Ndombele for his overworked central pairing.

It probably won't work but he's not been as bad as you're remembering now. Likewise with GLC, the fanbase as a whole has decided retrospectively to give his performances no respect despite them showing reasonable merits at the time.

I don't know if this is just fickleness or a desire to soothe the pain by lashing out at players who haven't quite worked out?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Not saying it will work this time but he's both been mismanaged at Spurs as well not adjusting his attitude well enough to succeed.

Many now forget that under Jose he was pretty decent and was gaining a head of steam just before Jose was sacked. At which point Mason decided he wanted to play his pal Winks instead. Nuno decided he didn't want any of the stress and likewise Conte would never pick a player like Ndombele for his overworked central pairing.

It probably won't work but he's not been as bad as you're remembering now. Likewise with GLC, the fanbase as a whole has decided retrospectively to give his performances no respect despite them showing reasonable merits at the time.

I don't know if this is just fickleness or a desire to soothe the pain by lashing out at players who haven't quite worked out?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I'm all for giving him another go, for what it's worth and joking aside.

Hopefully he's one of the rumoured having his contract terminated and paid off.

I'm all for giving him another go, for what it's worth and joking aside.

Yeh me too but it has to work and work quick because thats 6 managers including loans who did not fancy him. Thats not fan anger thats fact.

Only he can unlock and turn his career around

Yeh me too but it has to work and work quick because thats 6 managers including loans who did not fancy him. Thats not fan anger thats fact.

Only he can unlock and turn his career around

@Bishop did make a good point in that Jose did use him a fair amount the season he was sacked in, think he started 28 games and was subbed into 5 of 36 that season, so I think Jose got something out of him, enough of his ability? maybe not.

@Bishop did make a good point in that Jose did use him a fair amount the season he was sacked in, think he started 28 games and was subbed into 5 of 36 that season, so I think Jose got something out of him, enough of his ability? maybe not.

Yeh that's cool, but he has alot to prove IMO.

Bentancur isnt that defensive in my view!

He was like having 2 players before the World Cup. A genuine class number 8. If he could muster 15 g/a combined then great. He was on course this season but didn’t score in in 44 games the season before.

I’ve read today that Ange is more likely to play a CDM and 2 x 8s (like City) than 2 x holding with a 10.

Those 8s need to contribute goals and assists.

Back