• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham's Greatest

Who best personifies THFC?

• Total voters
Blanchflower, or White. If you mean in my lifetime, erm...Jenas. Full of promise, but ultimately unfulfilled. One good performance for every ten anonymous ones. Mid-table player, down to the bone.

Much like post 1991 Spurs.;)

Perryman, hoddle and sir Bill are the only correct answers.
Like PLJ said, how we haven't got a sir Bill Nick stand is beyond me, legend.

No Mabbutt, no Blanchflower, no Mackay? Not saying any of them is the greatest, but they should surely be there ahead of some of the others.

Umm...

No hossam ghaly?

boooooed out by super dumb spurs fans..............................i,m afraid.....pity...might have been been a great servant who knows..

still ....perhaps he has his teeth fixed now.........................................................................................................

No Blanchflower, Mackay, Greaves, Burgess, Ramsey, Ditchburn or Vivian Woodward the man fill every major role at the club!!!! If you know your history?

With Bill Nick in the poll its a no-brainer for me. But take him out of the equation and it will be Hoddle. Superb player, shame his term as Manager didnt quite work out

Nicholson's glory days were just before my time. Obviously I appreciate his place in our history, but purely based on my own experience as a Spurs supporter, I chose Hoddle... hands down the best player to wear a Spurs shirt in my lifetime. He was a joy to watch. The epitome of the creative, attacking midfielder.

Sorry, where's Blanchflower? I wasn't alive to see him (seen the limited tapes of him playing that are availiable and recordings of the matches he commentated though among some things) but, whenever people who don't like football ask me why I like it as its just 22 men running after a bag of air, I always think of Blanchflower who's vision in my opinion epitimises the club, Nicholson along with Blanchflower, Perryman and a whole host of people are and will always will be part of the fabric of the club in their own way and I think its unfair to say who's the greatest because in their own way they did things for us that no one else could and thats special. Absolute travesty Blanchflower isn't there though.

Last edited:
Well i was gonna vote for Greaves...how can you not have the player that holds all our goalscoring records as an option!!...
...so seeing as i cant vote for our best player,i will vote for our best manager,Billy Nick.

How can Klinnsman be on the list, he only played for ten minutes. I think to qualify, a player must have had more than two seasons. Start this tread and poll again.

Klinsmann and Sheringham over Perryman and Blanchflower?
Also:

Lineker + Waddle = 7 years service at Spurs

Mackay + Greaves = 18 years service at Spurs

Tbh the poll should be adjusted, so many greats that have been missed in favour of some club hoppers (admittedly ones that were bloody good footballers, but still).

Cliff Jones should be in that galaxy too, alongside Blanchflower, Mackay, Greavsie et al.

But it was Arthur Rowe and Sir Bill Nicholson who between them pretty much invented and established the Tottenham tradition of glorious attacking football. So it has to go to the man who won us more trophies and kept us at the top for so long - Sir Bill.

Back