• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs The Scum

I don't think you've read my posts properly.

The only criticism I want when he plays against us is booing and chanting of "You let your country down" - that's quite clear in what I've written.

I’ve read them properly.
You speak for yourself rather more clearly than I think you care to accept.

How many articles have you seen this summer about backing Saka against the racial abuse he received? How many have you read about him letting his country down?

He didn’t let his country down. He took a penalty and missed it. Very, very different.
Conflating the two, as you have, is the problem. You’re like the tossers who -from their couches- considered Simone Biles a “loser” peddling excuses instead of having a deep enough understanding of both professional sports and her work to understand that if your focus is off for whatever reason, you could very easily cause yourself life-changing injuries. You know, those tossers who have absolutely no idea what it takes to get anywhere close to those levels of competition in the first place. So yes, like them.

Last edited:
I hope not.

I believe in low levels of state control. If Bono is genetic then that creates a very strong argument for sterilosation.

Here you go again. An obvious belief in eugenics (not the first time it’s been hinted at) cloaked in what you hope is somewhat “humorous enough” to get you off without being really seen.
Not here.
No hiding my friend.

Dude the constitution of this country banned homosexuality until the 50s or 60s or there abouts.

I'm also 100% freedom to do what you want as long as it doesnt harm others.

And I'm not holding Indonesia up on some pedal stool. I know little about the country. My point was and is why does such a small group of extremist get to represent "the muslim" when similar extremist groups arnt representing the Christians or atheists?

I think it's because there are many Islamic terrorist groups currently who are constantly in the media citing some literature to justify their actions. If that's not bad enough it's on our doorstep in Europe where we cannot be European and have the freedom of speech questioned.

It just makes it unpalatable for all when crimes are committed in the name of some religion.

Just out of interest are there atheist terrorists? Or Christian terrorists? Or am I being naive?

I think it's because there are many Islamic terrorist groups currently who are constantly in the media citing some literature to justify their actions. If that's not bad enough it's on our doorstep in Europe where we cannot be European and have the freedom of speech questioned.

It just makes it unpalatable for all when crimes are committed in the name of some religion.

Just out of interest are there atheist terrorists? Or Christian terrorists? Or am I being naive?

Are you actually trolling with the bolded question?

As for the rest:

Why are those groups in the media?
What is there stated aims?
Freedom of speech... we constantly have it threatened and not just by "the muslims"

You come back with the same stock answers and they’re always fudging stupid.

A lot of the abuse aimed at Saka was based on him being black. You know, monkey emojis, telling him to fudge off back to where he came from. The ‘N’ word. Did Lampard get abuse based on the colour of his skin?
I'm not suggesting we do any of that. I've been very clear in what we should be doing.

It hasn’t removed that ability. It’s just most people aren’t silly little brickstains who badly act the big man online
Do you genuinely think that if we boo him from start to finish and spend the match telling him he let his country down, that people won't link that to the racist abuse?

That's incredibly naïve if so.

This view point though is steeped in racism and/or otherisation though.

When certain Western commentators talk of Islam they do so as a homogenous group. They take the absolute worst of those that feel they are representing the religion and group all Muslims in to being in someway represented by this group(s). If this was done to Christianity the KKK or other far right cûnts would be said to be a representative of that faith. Or atheists would be represented by nazis and stalinist communists.

It goes further than this:

When you talk about Muslims equality for women for example this is done through the lense of wahabism or some variation there of. Why?

But it is not racism to criticise bad ideas. Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world. I have never been there but they don’t appear to experience some of the same problems the Arab Muslim countries do with sexism towards women, homophobia or suicide bombers. So yeah it’s more of a problem in the Arab world particularly than for Muslim majority countries as a whole. It’s a tiny minority of people who have extremist views but any is too many. We have to be able to criticise bad ideas and have open debates about some of tue problems caused by all religions whether it’s anti-abortion laws in America which religion is the catalyst for or any other problem which has its roots in theism.

As for the rest:

Freedom of speech... we constantly have it threatened and not just by "the muslims"

The trouble is that any criticism whether justified or not gets met with the Islamophobia tag. Of course that is a real thing and it exists, but it gets used to shut down debates. You have a lot of these mic drop phrases that are designed to stop people from talking.

He didn’t let his country down. He took a penalty and missed it. Very, very different.
Conflating the two, as you have, is the problem. You’re like the tossers who -from their couches- considered Simone Biles a “loser” peddling excuses instead of having a deep enough understanding of both professional sports and her work to understand that if your focus is off for whatever reason, you could very easily cause yourself life-changing injuries. You know, those tossers who have absolutely no idea what it takes to get anywhere close to those levels of competition in the first place. So yes, like them.
I think he did.

More importantly, who the fudge cares whether he did or not. He appears to be the type who cares about playing for his country and doing well - that means there's a good chance this could affect his performance and possibly career.

Here you go again. An obvious belief in eugenics (not the first time it’s been hinted at) cloaked in what you hope is somewhat “humorous enough” to get you off without being really seen.
Not here.
No hiding my friend.
joke-missed.gif

I dislike and post about a lot of players - some of them even deserve it.

It would take some particularly twisted logic to suggest that any of that criticism has been in any way based on their race though.

Muslim is a religion and therefore a choice. It doesn't deserve protection in the way gender, sexuality, skin colour, etc do.

Criticising someone for their religion is no different to criticising Bono for being a clam.
It is a dangerous World when people want there to be ‘choice police’. We should all be free to choose to do/be anything that is legal without fear of persecution by bigots like you.

It is a dangerous World when people want there to be ‘choice police’. We should all be free to choose to do/be anything that is legal without fear of persecution by bigots like you.
And they are, until or unless their terrible life choices affect me.

But it is not racism to criticise bad ideas. Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world. I have never been there but they don’t appear to experience some of the same problems the Arab Muslim countries do with sexism towards women, homophobia or suicide bombers. So yeah it’s more of a problem in the Arab world particularly than for Muslim majority countries as a whole. It’s a tiny minority of people who have extremist views but any is too many. We have to be able to criticise bad ideas and have open debates about some of tue problems caused by all religions whether it’s anti-abortion laws in America which religion is the catalyst for or any other problem which has its roots in theism.

The trouble is that any criticism whether justified or not gets met with the Islamophobia tag. Of course that is a real thing and it exists, but it gets used to shut down debates. You have a lot of these mic drop phrases that are designed to stop people from talking.

No one, here at least is trying to shut down debate. But you have to realise that the way that the debate is framed is Important, and will show bias.

And if you also have to appreciate that any sweeping statements about "the muslims" is Islamophobic as there is no "the muslims"

Anders Breivik was Christian but his religion wasn't the issue for some reason.

Brenton Harrison Tarrant who massacred in NZ - not sure of his religion.

The Oakland bomber....

The Charlestown massacre

The Canadian attacks

Jo Cox's murderer

Dude the constitution of this country banned homosexuality until the 50s or 60s or there abouts.

It's not often I get to say this but hooray this country! Secularism FTW!

Are there any Muslim-majority countries where homosexuality isn't considered a crime today? Genuine question, but I'm pretty sure the answer is "no." In many, it's a crime punishable by death. Directly due to Islamic/Abrahamic dogma.

Are we allowed to criticise this fact or would that be Islamophobic?

Anyway, I don't really want to stoke any fires here. We'd all be better served getting on with hating that lot down the road, which is clear to me the reason Scara would prefer we boo rather than cheer Saka. A sentiment I don't agree with but can understand.

Anders Breivik was Christian but his religion wasn't the issue for some reason.

Brenton Harrison Tarrant who massacred in NZ - not sure of his religion.

The Oakland bomber....

The Charlestown massacre

The Canadian attacks

Jo Cox's murderer
Then there is the growing convergence of white supremacy and Christianity. Notably in the US but also spreading its tentacles through the global web of hard right-wingnut groups. That is a very worrying trend. It was always there of course. Sometimes hidden under a thin veneer of civility, but it is now more overt and it is transnational.

Last edited:

As for the rest:

When genuinely asked its called trolling or Inciting hate?

Back