• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Vs Sunderland

Eriksen has shown game after game that he is wasted when playing from the right, yet he is again today, needs sorting.
Walker has been poor imo.
Soldado has picked out the wrong pass on a few occasions
Dembele has been totally useless in possession. He has missed some great runs from all of the front 4 and always opted for the ball out to the fullback. When Stambouli goes forward he seems to never be in the right place when the opposition break on a counter.

Unlucky there Kane.

Unless we have Fazio + Vertonghen at the back and Bentaleb + Mason in midfield... big drop in quality when the squad players come in.

Dier looking rusty/shaky, Stambouli still adjusting, Dembele still lacking vertical penetration.

It's always unfortunate when one lacks vertical penetration.

I don't think we've been that bad? We've been all over them and playing some good football. Don't understand all the negativity.

A good half spoilt by Jan's brain fart and a lovely free kick.

Nobody is having a mare so far which is good to see, we look well drilled out there and hopefully we'll grab the win.

No subs for me, just changes on field. Eriksen to centre, Soldado on the right, Kane up top. 6-1

I think we if put Townsend on the right we'll have loads of space down that side with their 352.
Eriksen in the middle and Kane up top would improve things.
Rose and Chadli are doing well down the left.

Vertonghen is showing again that he needs an organiser to play along side him to make him look good.

It's always unfortunate when one lacks vertical penetration.

It remains a mystery as to why Mousa' doesn't achieve full balls in vertical penetration more often considering his attributes.

I don't think we've been that bad? We've been all over them and playing some good football. Don't understand all the negativity.

I think it's just frustration as we could easily be 3 up but for a couple of good saves from Eriksen, Kane hitting the post and a brainfart from Jan.

Unlucky there Kane.

Unless we have Fazio + Vertonghen at the back and Bentaleb + Mason in midfield... big drop in quality when the squad players come in.

Dier looking rusty/shaky, Stambouli still adjusting, Dembele still lacking vertical penetration.

Although i agree we do look better with the four you mention, we've had abunch of game (especially away) that were toss of a coin stuff.

Thats not a pop at poch, it's just where we are at the moment. We are having really good patches in games but then we offer up (rather easily) glorious chances for the opposition. And sometimes we get across the line by just having better players or at least one capable of something a bit special.

I'm sure we'll join the dots soon so the ups and downs and randomness of some games irons out.

I saw Soldado flick a cross away from their goal, and I saw him head one of our crosses back out of their box, what else has he done?

Oh yeah, that chance where he was clean through but just passed it to the keeper rather than control it.

When we play narrow with Chadli and Eriksen coming infield, everything gets congested and there is no way through 9 defenders. We need to get forward quicker, 1 touch passing, not Dembele's trademark "pass to Rose"

Townsend has to come on for Soldado - moving the latter to the right would not work. Yes he can deliver crosses from there, but he isn't often going to be able to get the position to deliver a cross.

Those looking for a stream: a sanguine and dutch sounding one is usually ace for tottenham games, as is the case today.

Back