• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Vs Sunderland

Funny thing about Foy is that he does blow for a lot of fouls, except when they're being committed by Stoke.

I thought the lino was terrible, but Foy was alright. He blew up for a lot of fouls, but we made a lot of fouls. He could easily have booked Dembele for persistent fouling in the first half imo, but chose not to. He got his bookings about right and didn't make any major f**k ups like he has done against us in the past.

Apart from 90% of them werent fouls

I think Defoe was also offside in the build up to the foul from which they scored the resulting free-kick. But to disallow Vertonghen's goal was nothing short of a joke, the ball got into the Sunderland half before Jan did!

Luckily (or not), our goal difference is already so far behind Man Utd's, Arsenal's and Southampton's, that it's unlikely to cost us a CL place on its own.

I think Defoe was also offside in the build up to the foul from which they scored the resulting free-kick. But to disallow Vertonghen's goal was nothing short of a joke, the ball got into the Sunderland half before Jan did!

Luckily (or not), our goal difference is already so far behind Man Utd's, Arsenal's and Southampton's, that it's unlikely to cost us a CL place on its own.

That goal being disallowed could keep Sunderland up.

Just got back in from the lane. Still livid with the refereeing today, I have seen some shocking displays over the years but that f#cker was right up there with the worst. Constantly giving free kicks for nothing to one side only. Was livid when he gave them the one that led to their goal, after refusing us two in the build-up to it. And the last decision was just the icing on the sh#tcake.
Thankfully we got the deserved winner,but cant help thinking had Kane's shot gone in off the post too just before HT I think we could have gone on to win 5-1 again.

Back on track, cant wait to get back there next Saturday afternoon

Apart from 90% of them werent fouls

I'm not being contrary for the sake of it (honest!) and I have no time for Foy, but I honestly thought we did foul quite a lot today. Most of Dembele's were tackles from the 'wrong' side and easily given as fouls, the way he bundles in to players. By the way, I'm not having a pop at Dembele, he broke up the midfield pretty well by being physical. I just think the crowd got carried away because Foy was the ref, rather than him being that bad.

No excuses for the lino though, just awful.

I didn't see it properly earlier but watching MOTD I reckon Defoe should have had a penalty early on

Looked like he ran into Jan' leg and did a prat fall, hence Verts grabbing Defoe' shirt in disgust.

Judging by Sky' highlights, Defoe was offside in the run up to Jan giving away the free kick for their equaliser. Dunno if it was the same bungling lino who disallowed his 2nd goal.

Threw himself over Vertonghen's leg for me. Correct decision from Foy (for once). Linesman made to look an utter nincompoop over the disallowed 3rd goal.

[video=youtube;R5IXGDSHFns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5IXGDSHFns[/video]

What I really love about this clip is how a few times Poch looks to either side of him to the translator and someone else whilst correcting himself on some minor grammatical errors he had made. I like his handling of the press and in his time with us it's clear his English isn't perfect but he's obviously been working with teachers to iron out the fixable mistakes he makes. I'd love to know more about how the club specifically deals with the language problems players/managers/coaches may have as it's an area that fascinates me.

Reminds of this photo of two Spurs greats during an English lesson

10557347_10152258710928733_1504863018641000851_n.jpg

[video=youtube;R5IXGDSHFns]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5IXGDSHFns[/video]

What I really love about this clip is how a few times Poch looks to either side of him to the translator and someone else whilst correcting himself on some minor grammatical errors he had made. I like his handling of the press and in his time with us it's clear his English isn't perfect but he's obviously been working with teachers to iron out the fixable mistakes he makes. I'd love to know more about how the club specifically deals with the language problems players/managers/coaches may have as it's an area that fascinates me.

Reminds me of this photo of two Spurs greats during an English lesson

Reminds of this photo of two Spurs greats during an English lesson

I think they need to teach our English players English too.

Back