• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Orient OMT

Pretty much said in his interview afterwards that the youngsters in the starting line up were ones they think can make the step up and help the team and the ones on the bench were under 23’s who are there to make up the numbers.

Pretty much said in his interview afterwards that the youngsters in the starting line up were ones they think can make the step up and help the team and the ones on the bench were under 23’s who are there to make up the numbers.
Interesting. TJ Eyoma was on the bench, and (I think) should have done more to prevent the equaliser. He's also one that some observers had hoped would be able to push for a place in the team.

Thanks - interesting comment. Nile John and Scarlett have been raved about so not surprising about them. I guess the Estonian lad is an international so must have some promise. The guy who started as the other full back I'd never heard of!

Conscious that there were the comments from Nuno about not everyone being fit, but I was surprised to see none of Regi, Sessegnon and Doherty

Will be interesting to see whether the formation stays the same in coming games

Nuno Espirito Santo saluted our youngsters for their roles in Saturday’s pre-season match at Leyton Orient.

The Head Coach utilised a large number of Development Squad and Under-18s players during the 1-1 draw at The Breyer Group Stadium, with many senior campaigners not yet available following their exploits at this summer’s international tournaments in Europe and South America.

Goalscorer Dane Scarlett impressed along with midfielder Nile John and Maksim Paskotsi and Kallum Cesay in the full-back positions for the first hour, before wholesale changes led to an almost entirely home-grown XI completing the remainder of the game.

Speaking to Spurs TV afterwards, Nuno explained how the youngsters’ involvement in pre-season so far has been of real benefit.

“The help of the Under-23s is so important for us, because they allow us to have good training sessions, to have numbers and bodies to work with and to try to mix,” he said.

“The team that played was a mix of young players that we believe can make this step and help us, and then the rest of the group with Dean (Rastrick, Academy Manager)… it’s a big help for us, especially with players arriving from internationals and national teams and coming gradually. We need all the Under-23s and we are very thankful for it.”

Scarlett’s well-taken opener was cancelled out by Orient substitute Ruel Sotiriou in the second half as both teams shared the JE3 Foundation Trophy, which was introduced last year in memory of our former defender and ex-Orient manager Justin Edinburgh.

“It was a game that we prepared ourselves to compete in, to play inside a week that was very tough for the players but good, the players worked very hard,” reflected Nuno. “It’s a process that’s going to take time to get things together but as things go by, I’m happy because the commitment was there, they ran and now they have a good day off to reflect and prepare for the next week.”

We take on Colchester United in our second pre-season friendly on Wednesday, kick-off 7.45pm.

(tottenham hotspur)

Late to party

Decent run out by Lucas (only senior player that looked the part), Nile John (very promising) and Scarlett (decent finish on "wrong" foot)
Disappointing from Bergwijn, Winks & Dele (in that order)

Nuno didn't care about the win so went full kids in the end, then we conceded

One thing I'd say about Dele was he was giving it all. No lack of effort, or passes. He was playing a deeper role, but hit Scarlet with a number of balls, some of which you'd expect a senior Forward to use better. Dele wasn't too bad. He's a player that needs others to work off, his game improves with others' movement, and playing him in with 1-2s. Which is the same for everyone, but Dele can't dribble and make openings by himself as much. Most think his quick thinking and touch is best applied off the striker, and they are probably right. It is tempting to try him in midfield, but he's only average there. With the right partnerships, he can be more potent in attack.

One thing I'd say about Dele was he was giving it all. No lack of effort, or passes. He was playing a deeper role, but hit Scarlet with a number of balls, some of which you'd expect a senior Forward to use better. Dele wasn't too bad. He's a player that needs others to work off, his game improves with others' movement, and playing him in with 1-2s. Which is the same for everyone, but Dele can't dribble and make openings by himself as much. Most think his quick thinking and touch is best applied off the striker, and they are probably right. It is tempting to try him in midfield, but he's only average there. With the right partnerships, he can be more potent in attack.

He didn't stand out against a league 2 side in preseason and made too many mistakes.

Not bricking on the guy, but this is why he struggles to get game time, with his quality at that level he should be a stand out, he wasn't. Yes the effort was there, but effort is a minimum bar.

I know people will bitch about this statement, but Lucas looked like a player from a different level yesterday, and I'm sure if we had stuck in Lamela it would have been the same, able to be above lower level opposition.

He didn't stand out against a league 2 side in preseason and made too many mistakes.

Not bricking on the guy, but this is why he struggles to get game time, with his quality at that level he should be a stand out, he wasn't. Yes the effort was there, but effort is a minimum bar.

I know people will bitch about this statement, but Lucas looked like a player from a different level yesterday, and I'm sure if we had stuck in Lamela it would have been the same, able to be above lower level opposition.

I think Moura is on a different level to Lamela (and Dele). As outlined, Alli needs to be part of a team and playing off someone.

That was the way i saw it as well, working hard ( which has been said he is doing) does not mean he is going to be good enough over the next season.

Back