• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Manchester United OMT

That’s if we would sell on the never never... don’t see it happening myself
Especially not if we were selling to clear debt
Wouldn’t make sense
Of course we would..... It is exactly how we buy and sell pretty much all of our players. £50m in the bank and £100m owed by Man Utd is only marginally worth less than £150m cash (especially when interest rates are so low).

Are we selling to clear debt? Is that our priority do you think?

Of course we would..... It is exactly how we buy and sell pretty much all of our players. £50m in the bank and £100m owed by Man Utd is only marginally worth less than £150m cash (especially when interest rates are so low).

Are we selling to clear debt? Is that our priority do you think?
No
It’s why I don’t think we will sell

The key point for me in this tactical discussion was how many aerial battles their players won. With giants like Cavani, Pogba, MacTimmin, Wan Bassaka and Maguire in their team that is not entirely surprising.

Giants against pygmies.

I am certainly not giving Mourinho an "easy ride". The players you refer to have been assembled over several years by a recruitment process that has failed us dismally. Where I hold Poch culpable is that he was part of that process for over five years. Mourinho has had less than a full season so far.

I don't agree with much of Mourinho's team selections, tactics and general management of our club, but he largely can't be held responsible for the players he had no input in buying. What was evident to me on Sunday was that Man U players ( as with other teams this season such as West Ham and Leicester) look so much taller, stronger and more physical than our team. It was like pygmies against giants . Also, even though they had a game away in Europe on Thursday, they looked fitter and stronger than many of our players who were palpably tiring in the second half.

Why isn't Hichens doing his job? He needs to go and a decent DoF needs to be recruited asap.
He has had a season and a half and 3 transfer windows.

So again.... We go back to the point that if we don't need to reduce our debt level then Man Utd can very easily increase theirs to afford Harry Kane (or anyone else that they want).
Yep they can borrow more money to buy a player
A player we don’t want to sell, don’t need to sell
And we would agree finance for it to help them out ...
And he would want to go there to win trophies. At a club that hasn’t made a final since they sacked the guy we now have in charge
Something isn’t adding up...

The key point for me in this tactical discussion was how many aerial battles their players won. With giants like Cavani, Pogba, MacTimmin, Wan Bassaka and Maguire in their team that is not entirely surprising.

Giants against pygmies.
That's one of the reasons that I'd like to see us in for Lille's Soumare. He has pace, power and technique. Only a year left on his deal this summer as well.

And he would want to go there to win trophies. At a club that hasn’t made a final since they sacked the guy we now have in charge
You really don't think that our players would want to go to Man Utd?

Virtually no transfers are fine cash upfront and Left would be doing himself and the club a disservice if he were to demand this. Other clubs would know we had cash making any signings that summer more expensive and even more protracted than they likely will be. It would also likely complicate future transfer dealings as teams will know Levy has the habit of being exceptionally difficult (this has already occurred).

It really sounds like you expect him to put his ego first rather than the needs of the club. As much as I think he's a problem I don't think he's that much of a cretin to do this.

You really don't think that our players would want to go to Man Utd?

not really
Yep there a bigger side
But they haven’t got near to winning things for 5 years ish
You can’t have sours fans quoting CL two years ago and how good we were and then say United are nearer to doing things again when they haven’t for 5 years

Virtually no transfers are fine cash upfront and Left would be doing himself and the club a disservice if he were to demand this. Other clubs would know we had cash making any signings that summer more expensive and even more protracted than they likely will be. It would also likely complicate future transfer dealings as teams will know Levy has the habit of being exceptionally difficult (this has already occurred).

It really sounds like you expect him to put his ego first rather than the needs of the club. As much as I think he's a problem I don't think he's that much of a cretin to do this.
Kane would take a move to a club where he will win things
That’s city
Everyone else is speculation
There is talk of city winning 4 trophies this season
That’s how one sided it’s all got
So why go to United to try to win things ot not stay here and get as close
He is a legend here
At United he would be a record buy with more pressure
And of course United would have to deal a deal with levy
Levy ain’t doing a deal for that isn’t in the best interests of the club he owns.

not really
Yep there a bigger side
But they haven’t got near to winning things for 5 years ish
You can’t have sours fans quoting CL two years ago and how good we were and then say United are nearer to doing things again when they haven’t for 5 years
They would all love the chance to go there mate.

Kane would take a move to a club where he will win things
That’s city
Everyone else is speculation
There is talk of city winning 4 trophies this season
That’s how one sided it’s all got
So why go to United to try to win things ot not stay here and get as close
He is a legend here
At United he would be a record buy with more pressure
And of course United would have to deal a deal with levy
Levy ain’t doing a deal for that isn’t in the best interests of the club he owns.
Not sure if you’ve noticed mate but we’re about to miss CL for a second season in a row and that’s with Kane.... Man Utd are about to finish 2nd. I would imagine Kane would look at that and consider how much better they would be with him added to,what they already have.

Last edited:
Not sure if you’ve noticed mate but we’re about to miss CL for a second season in a row and that’s with Kane.... Man Utd are about to finish 2nd. I would I,shine Kane would look at that and consider how much better they would be with him added to,what they already have.

yep they are finishing second
But will points wise probably finish 15 sub points behind city... a city side who we were above for a chunk of the season
If I’m a young player I’d consider the gamble of United. If I’m Kane and I want trophies I’d only go to city in this country
They are gonna spend and spend and when you talk big trophies that’s there sole focus
United having a great season dropped sour of the CL don’t forget
And yep he can look at it and think how many more points would they get with me there. I mean that’s what most players would do... but he would have to make up about 20 ish points If city have a good start next season
And don’t forget United have only scored 4 less goals than city. Goals aren’t there problem.
So I think he would look at United as a big gamble myself
And their cup record under ole isn’t good... guys lost a lot of semis hasn’t he

He has had a season and a half and 3 transfer windows.

If you say so. There were only two of his signings ( and a loanee) in the starting X1 on Sunday. On that basis , the greatest manager in PL history, SAF wouldn't have lasted at Man U.

Look, I don't like his tactics, team selections and management style either. But the squad he inherited really isn't down to him.

I don't think Kane will go there. Or City. They'll buy Haaland IMO. Ma
If you say so. There were only two of his signings ( and a loanee) in the starting X1 on Sunday. On that basis , the greatest manager in PL history, SAF wouldn't have lasted at Man U.

Look, I don't like his tactics, team selections and management style either. But the squad he inherited really isn't down to him.

He is consistent.

If he was lying from the start then he is a bigger arsehole than I thought.
If he was telling the truth then he has 100% failed.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/jo...ng-spurs-squad-as-the-best-gift-a4293076.html

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...m-dont-need-major-overhaul-in-transfer-market

He is consistent.

If he was lying from the start then he is a bigger ******** than I thought.
If he was telling the truth then he has 400% failed.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/jo...ng-spurs-squad-as-the-best-gift-a4293076.html

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-...m-dont-need-major-overhaul-in-transfer-market

I suspect from the outside, our squad did indeed look fine to him. Only once he got inside could he fully appreciate just how far some of the best players had fallen from their once lofty heights. His mistake was in thinking he could get a tune out of them. In that, he has certainly failed. But there is also some truth in the fact that you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

He is consistent.

If he was lying from the start then he is a bigger ******** than I thought.
If he was telling the truth then he has 400% failed.

I don’t understand why Mourinho saying he was happy with the squad keeps getting referenced as if evidence he should be doing better? Practically every manager comes into a new club and says the same, they don’t start off at a new club announcing they want to get rid of half the squad. I shudder to think what would have been said about Mourinho on here had he joined and said he’s not happy with the squad and our defence is nowhere near good enough:D....

I suspect from the outside, our squad did indeed look fine to him. Only once he got inside could he fully appreciate just how far some of the best players had fallen from their once lofty heights. His mistake was in thinking he could get a tune out of them. In that, he has certainly failed. But there is also some truth in the fact that you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

He's a has-been trumper.

Let's look at the squad.
You're telling me that -
Ndombele
LoCelso
Reguillon
Bergwijn
Rodon
Sanchez
Skipp
Dele
Sessegnon

are all sow's ears?

Add

Kane
Son
Lloris

for the experienced

Add

Moura
Lamela
Winks
Dier
Aurier

as personal calls either way.

Leave

Bale
Davies

out of it altogether.

You're telling me that squad needs a complete overhaul? Not having it. At all. Three incomings plus a few squad outgoings plus a manager who has an identity beyond his past and fear-mongering is what we need.

I don’t understand why Mourinho saying he was happy with the squad keeps getting referenced as if evidence he should be doing better? Practically every manager comes into a new club and says the same, they don’t start off at a new club announcing they want to get rid of half the squad. I shudder to think what would have been said about Mourinho on here had he joined and said he’s not happy with the squad and our defence is nowhere near good enough:D....

A key part of him getting the job was because he was telling Levy we were under performing and he'd do better with the squad - i mean it's pretty obvious why it keeps getting referenced.

Back