• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Manchester United OMT

As many seem to think the Europa League is such a distraction how are United 2nd, and how have they completely outplayed us having played away in Europe on Thursday night ?
Shhhhhhh...... Remember it is only Jose's Spurs team that excuses are allowed to be made for when it comes to having to play Thursday and Sunday.

I agree with most of that analysis. I was screaming at the tv when Sissoko came on, even if I knew it was the right thing to do. But because it was us responding to their tactical shift, not them to us. And also, because Sissoko was the best, worst choice to put on...

The analysis also greatly shows the knock-on effect it has to not have that ballplaying defender who is able to play out without pulling the midfielder down between the defender.
If only we had one of those at the club, like a Toby Alderweireld for example.

We last sold to Utd in 2008, I think. It won’t happen with our most prized asset - and they can’t afford him any way.
If Kane wants out and Man Utd want him (and Emirates Marketing Project/Barcelona/Real Madrid don't) then I'd bet decent money that Kane will end up at Man Utd.

And have no money still so had to borrow more
Remember last summer when you said they would spend big... they didn’t
They don’t have the money and have double our wage bill
Their owners are draining the
club
If we can sustain £850 million of debt on our £391m turnover then what debt can Man Utd sustain on their £509m turnover?

If Kane wants out and Man Utd want him (and Emirates Marketing Project/Barcelona/Real Madrid don't) then I'd bet decent money that Kane will end up at Man Utd.

You could be right. I can’t see it personally. Can you imagine what the fans will think if we finish outside the top 4 and we sell Kane to Utd? It’ll be toxic for Levy and for ENIC.

And I’m still not sure Utd have £175 million, plus wages on top, to spend.

If we can sustain £850 million of debt on our £391m turnover then what debt can Man Utd sustain on their £509m turnover?
Pass
I don’t know the terms of their loans and debt. A lot comes back to pay back periods and interest rates

I know they had to borrow additional money to pay their debt and wages this season alone
Their not unique but their scale of debt is huge (like ours) but their costs are much much higher

You could be right. I can’t see it personally. Can you imagine what the fans will think if we finish outside the top 4 and we sell Kane to Utd? It’ll be toxic for Levy and for ENIC.

And the devaluation on the club

Sorry but Chelsea haven’t brought well at all
Their best player is a youth team lad
Their big money buys have flopped so far

Here are their signings:

Chilwell - good player. Good signing
Silva - good player. Good signing
Mendy - good player. Good signing
Sarr - good player. We don't yet know if he is a good signing (though I wanted us to bring him in on a freebie last summer. That was smart business by Chelsea)
Werner - has been poor I agree (I do think he is a good player though).
Haivertz - good player.
Ziyech - good player.

As with any overseas signings I would tend to start judging them in their second season. I think they have signed 7 good players there... with only one of them being a short term signing.

It won't take anything like £175m IMO.

Pass
I don’t know the terms of their loans and debt. A lot comes back to pay back periods and interest rates

I know they had to borrow additional money to pay their debt and wages this season alone
Their not unique but their scale of debt is huge (like ours) but their costs are much much higher
Man Utd debt = £455.5M.
Man Utd (Deloitte estimated) turnover = £509m
Debt to turnover ratio: 0.89 to 1

THFC debt = £831m
THFC (Deloitte estimated) turnover = £391m
Debt to turnover ratio: 2.12 to 1

Here are their signings:

Chilwell - good player. Good signing
Silva - good player. Good signing
Mendy - good player. Good signing
Sarr - good player. We don't yet know if he is a good signing (though I wanted us to bring him in on a freebie last summer. That was smart business by Chelsea)
Werner - has been poor I agree (I do think he is a good player though).
Haivertz - good player.
Ziyech - good player.

As with any overseas signings I would tend to start judging them in their second season. I think they have signed 7 good players there... with only one of them being a short term signing.
I don’t disagree their all good players
My comment though is most have been poor for the money so far
Doenst mean they won’t come go
Certainly doenst mean they will either
ziyech so far has flopped. He also seem to be injured a lot
Werner... I think he could turn out to be like son. I hope I’m wrong
Haivettz I rate highly. Wrong club for him certainly under Lampard. We will see now
Mendy is solid, but he came at a price relevant to that
CHillwell is decent and will IMO get no better.
Sarr... who knows
Silva they knew what they were getting hence why he has hit the ground running
That’s about £250m of players isn’t it
I mean it’s fair to say the expectation is that they would be doing better with that kind of investment
There best player has been 2 youth players and a free signing

Last edited:
Man Utd debt = £455.5M.
Man Utd (Deloitte estimated) turnover = £509m
Debt to turnover ratio: 0.89 to 1

THFC debt = £831m
THFC (Deloitte estimated) turnover = £391m
Debt to turnover ratio: 2.12 to 1
And?
Does that factor in when any of its due - no
As I say cash is what needed
United had to borrow more money (like we did) just to cover their payments for this year. They had higher transfer fees due to pay and pay out a lot more in wages than us
So how would they fund a £200m acquisition of Kane?

I don’t disagree their all good players
My comment though is most have been poor for the money so far
Doenst mean they won’t come go
Certainly doenst mean they will either
ziyech so far has flopped. He also seem to be injured a lot
Werner... I think he could turn out to be like son. I hope I’m wrong
Haivettz I rate highly. Wrong club for him certainly under Lampard. We will see now
Mendy is solid, but he came at a price relevant to that
CHillwell is decent and will IMO get no better.
Sarr... who knows
Silva they knew what they were getting hence why he has hit the ground running
That’s about £250m of players isn’t it
I mean it’s fair to say the expectation is that they would be doing better with that kind of investment
There best player has been 2 youth players and a free signing
Indeed.... which is why they acted decisively, sacked Lampard and brought in Tuchel I guess? In the meantime we're out of the Europa, falling fast in the league and still have our manager in place.

And?
Does that factor in when any of its due - no
As I say cash is what needed
United had to borrow more money (like we did) just to cover their payments for this year. They had higher transfer fees due to pay and pay out a lot more in wages than us
So how would they fund a £200m acquisition of Kane?
If a club running a debt to turnover ratio of over 2 to 1 can structure its debt to be on a mixture of terms at a decent rate of interest then why can another club (with a bigger turnover) not do so even though they are running a debt to turover ratio of less than half of that?

How would Man Utd fund a £200m acquisition of Kane?.... Well they could do so simply by turning their debt to turnover ratio from 0.89 to 1 to 1.29 to 1.... Still comfortably below our ratio.

(not that Kane's transfer fee will be anywhere near £200m anyway IMO).

You either have to accept that Man Utd can easily afford Kane if they want him or accept that we are running an unsustainable level of debt mate.... you can't have it both ways.

Indeed.... which is why they acted decisively, sacked Lampard and brought in Tuchel I guess? In the meantime we're out of the Europa, falling fast in the league and still have our manager in place.
True
Although when we sacked Poch after a record transfer people said it was bad
And Jose came in and got us back into Europe

If a club running a debt to turnover ratio of over 2 to 1 can structure its debt to be on a mixture of terms at a decent rate of interest then why can another club (with a bigger turnover) not do so even though they are running a debt to turover ratio of less than half of that?
Assets
It’s what you secure the debt on
But they would well do it as you say
Still doesn’t give them money to spend now
I mean that’s the key
Same problem we have

Back