• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Crystal Palace OMT ***

will be a hard game, if we dont turn up with purpose and start the game on the front foot we wont win. Townsend im sure resents the fans after his treament so he will be right up for this. Punchon, townsend, zaha all a danger and we will have to defend well to beat them.

I think the league is beyond us ( too many hard games) so to finish 2nd would be ok. I just hope we dont finish 3rd 4th and get laughed at for finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race again.

Tough game but hopefully the extra days rest will have been an advantage plus Palace realistically being safe. Don't care how we play, just want three points going into the weekend when a win for us and Chelsea dropping points could really open the race up.

1-2 Kane, Alli

We will win.
Have some fudging faith!
Believe your eyes!
We are the best team in the country.
We had some awful luck Saturday, and one of the most colossal clam performances from a 'ref' I have seen in some years.

Seriously, I think we need to grow a pair, man up and remember we could still win the title!!!!!

Are you this confident in all aspects of your life? I can imagine you walking into a bar and Scarlett Johansson is standing there and you saying to yourself "she will shag me, I am the best man in the country".:)

As someone else pointed out on here, we finished 3rd in a 20 horse race, which better than 8th, or 10th in a 20 horse race

You're right, we can say that in reply but it's still a valid point unfortunately. We don't want to make a habit out of it. Finsishing 3rd or 4th would be unthinkable at this point.

I just hope we dont finish 3rd 4th and get laughed at for finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race again.

Last season, such comment came from people supporting teams that finish below us. In principal that means that they consider themself to be so lousy that they didn't even participating in the race.

Semantics. Failing to finish second last season with a 5-1 reverse at already-relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine when a point from either of our last two games would have done is as egregious a case of Ѕpursiness as I can ever recall. On that basis, the two-horse race jibe is something we just have to suck up, I'm afraid, and make sure it DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

Last season, such comment came from people supporting teams that finish below us. In principal that means that they consider themself to be so lousy that they didn't even participating in the race.
That would have been great if true. However I recollect a hell of a lot of Arsenal fans saying this....

That would have been great if true. However I recollect a hell of a lot of Arsenal fans saying this....

Which means that they finished dead last in the race, beaten by horse that wasn't even considered to be an undog before the start of the race.

Their call, I suppose

Which means that they finished dead last in the race, beaten by horse that wasn't even considered to be an undog before the start of the race.

Their call, I suppose
You can put a positive spin on it as much as you want, it was embarrassing we managed to mess that up last season. It wasn't a two horse race for sure, but they shouldn't of had the opportunity to spout such nonsense....

“I can breathe a little easier,” Allardyce said. “38 points has been very good in the last 10 years. We have five games to go so this one is so important.

“We have Tottenham on Wednesday and Burnley after that. It lifts the pressure on us. I am worried these lads can’t reach this level when they don’t have time to recover.

“I may have to make huge changes to make sure we compete with Tottenham.”

Rest as many as you like.

will be a hard game, if we dont turn up with purpose and start the game on the front foot we wont win. Townsend im sure resents the fans after his treament so he will be right up for this. Punchon, townsend, zaha all a danger and we will have to defend well to beat them.

I think the league is beyond us ( too many hard games) so to finish 2nd would be ok. I just hope we dont finish 3rd 4th and get laughed at for finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race again.

We must be making decent progress if we see finishing third as a problem.

Absolutely I know it's all about context and of course I'd be a little put out if we missed out on 2nd, but I can't help thinking about the big picture; where we've come from, still with our 6th best financial clout, and where we're headed.

We're not there yet but we've made huge strides.

Are you this confident in all aspects of your life? I can imagine you walking into a bar and Scarlett Johansson is standing there and you saying to yourself "she will shag me, I am the best man in the country".:)

:D:D:D

Good one!

I just try to find positives where negatives have been big. I was absolutely gutted Saturday. Gutted. Because it wasn't fair. So staying in that frame would destroy all the enjoyment, fun and trust built over nearly three seasons of Poch! Unfairly!

But what I do know is the greater sum total of what I am seeing suggests greatness, TRUE greatness, is right around the corner. And that as the facts stand, we could still win the title.

Sadly I am not quite as confident about myself (though I back myself as being a decent human being and try to live up to it)...that last bit about 'best man in the country' would probably be the surest case of 'fake news' in the history of fake news!!!!!!!!:D

“I can breathe a little easier,” Allardyce said. “38 points has been very good in the last 10 years. We have five games to go so this one is so important.

“We have Tottenham on Wednesday and Burnley after that. It lifts the pressure on us. I am worried these lads can’t reach this level when they don’t have time to recover.

Fat Sam...I 'might' like you an awful lot more if you 'rest' a few against us...

That's the spirit! Give a few of the youngsters a chance to shine. Experiment with a few new formations while you're at it. Heck, why not see how Zaha fares as a GK? I hear Townsend is looking to get his coaching badges when he's finished playing, give him a chance at controlling things from the dugout! Do it!

You can put a positive spin on it as much as you want, it was embarrassing we managed to mess that up last season. It wasn't a two horse race for sure, but they shouldn't of had the opportunity to spout such nonsense....

Isn't that a part of the game? Regardless of the results, they will try to find aspects, exacly in the same manner as we trying to find with them? But anyhow, I think it good for us that they do things like that, because that means that they care and are concerned.

Back