• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM Vs CHELSKI OFFICIAL OMT***

Surely you would rather we set out to win the game, instead of not lose ...

Like always we should set out in the way we think gives us the best chance possible to get the most points possible on average.

4-5-1/4-3-3 was the obvious choice today. Things haven't been going our way and our attacking play hasn't been working. Stamford Bridge is a tough place to go. We were professional, hard working, even a bit cynical today. Good thing.

Wouldn't mind seeing a 3 man midfield against Swansea too, we could end up running around chasing shadows for much of the game if we don't match them in midfield.

One player can make a hell of a difference. We need balance. We lacked balance today still too, although Bale staying more wide left gave us a little bit of width. Against Swansea I think we can afford to go toe to toe with them at least. Let them worry about our passing and creativity, not the other way around.

I'm just saying if Lennon is not fit to play, our passing and creativity will not suffer if Sandro or Livermore is played rather than Defoe or Kranjcar . We'd still be going toe to toe with them .

Everton doing okay against them today, fourteen shots against Swansea's eight, with one striker ...

I'm just saying if Lennon is not fit to play, our passing and creativity will not suffer if Sandro or Livermore is played rather than Defoe or Kranjcar . We'd still be going toe to toe with them .

Everton doing okay against them today, fourteen shots against Swansea's eight, with one striker ...

Shots don't mean much though. We dominated shots against Chelsea today but I thought both teams were about equal in how threatening they were up until the 80th minute.

I want to see Ade/VDV up front against Swansea with two banks of 4 behind them. I think that's what served us well in the early stages of the season, and we should revert to it again now.

Shots don't mean much though. We dominated shots against Chelsea today but I thought both teams were about equal in how threatening they were up until the 80th minute.

I want to see Ade/VDV up front against Swansea with two banks of 4 behind them. I think that's what served us well in the early stages of the season, and we should revert to it again now.

Ok i'll ask a genuine question. If Lennon is out who do you want to play on the right?

If Lennon is not fit you want Kranjcar on the right side ?

Its just Sandro coming in for Lennon against a passing Swansea team ...Don't see why some see it as not setting up to win the game ...

It would be the same team as we played last time against Swansea, other than Gallas for King.

It doesn't have to be defensive - that solid midfield 3 can give Rafa and Bale licence to room pretty much free against weaker teams. Rafa's not going to be covering behind Walker like he was having to do today anyway.

Ok i'll ask a genuine question. If Lennon is out who do you want to play on the right?

Well for starters whoever plays wide right is going to roam (unless it's Bentley), so that means Bale has to be more disciplined and stay wide left more. I'd probably go for Kranjcar personally, as he does link well, gets forward and Walker can overlap him. I wouldn't mind seeing Dos Santos getting a run of games to finally find out whether or not he is up to it. It's tough on both Kranky and Dos Santos though because neither are right mids. But neither is VDV and VDV is too good a player to waste him outside of his natural position so I'd rather a new player come in to replace Lennon than us rejig existing players to play VDV, Modric or Bale there.

Another option would be to move Walker up to the right hand side of midfield, Kaboul to right back. Not ideal as you're playing two players out of position by doing that but Walker is direct going forward and poor defensively so maybe right mid is where he should play.

It would be the same team as we played last time against Swansea, other than Gallas for King.

It doesn't have to be defensive - that solid midfield 3 can give Rafa and Bale licence to room pretty much free against weaker teams. Rafa's not going to be covering behind Walker like he was having to do today anyway.

I've never seen a 4-5-1 in the Premiership that isn't defensive. Mourinho's Chelsea played it and were the dullest champions the Premiership has had.

That's how I see it too!

This is our classic team from earlier in the season (against a weak side, so Modric and vdV are both pushing further forward than normal). I really wouldn't call it 2 banks of 4:

Picture4-3.png

This is our classic team from earlier in the season (against a weak side, so Modric and vdV are both pushing further forward than normal). I really wouldn't call it 2 banks of 4:

Picture4-3.png

There are 12 players on that pitch. No wonder we found it so easy! And that is classic 4-4-2. You'd expect the two wingers to be slightly infield as they'll come infield more when the ball is on the other flank. Modric is there in the centre with Parker holding. Take away Sandro and you have a pretty bog standard back 4 line up too with the two full backs further up the pitch.

I've never seen a 4-5-1 in the Premiership that isn't defensive. Mourinho's Chelsea played it and were the dullest champions the Premiership has had.

How do you classify 4-5-1? At what point does a 4-5-1 become a 4-3-3?

Arsenal have played a lone striker in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation for over a decade now. United have often used lone strikers in top matches over the years. Emirates Marketing Project have played lone strikers in a 4-2-3-1 quite a bit this season.

And of course Swansea play what most people find entertaing football in a 4-5-1/4-3-3.

He's refering to spursfan1957, the name you used to use on the old board.

Obvioiusly you, same old one minded views who thinks your way is the only way.

:rolleyes:

What old board? I've only ever posted on here and A.S.S. I posted on Si Twinings board for a bit, but I am pretty certain I used this handle there too.

How do you classify 4-5-1? At what point does a 4-5-1 become a 4-3-3?

Arsenal have played a lone striker in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation for over a decade now. United have often used lone strikers in top matches over the years. Emirates Marketing Project have played lone strikers in a 4-2-3-1 quite a bit this season.

And of course Swansea play what most people find entertaing football in a 4-5-1/4-3-3.

A formation is how a team lines up defensively. You'd expect them to be fluid and players to roam when in possession.

The difference between a 4-5-1 and a 4-3-3 is that in a 4-3-3 I'd expect the wider players to stay further up the pitch when we didn't have possession and neglect defensive duties more.

A formation is how a team lines up defensively. You'd expect them to be fluid and players to roam when in possession.

The difference between a 4-5-1 and a 4-3-3 is that in a 4-3-3 I'd expect the wider players to stay further up the pitch when we didn't have possession and neglect defensive duties more.

You mean like we did today? Do you really see a difference between how we lined up today and how Arsenal line up in big games? Does VdV and Bale really line up that much further back than the arsenal wide men do and have used to?

We were no more defensive today than United were against us at the Lane in their fairly 4-5-1 looking line-up (defensively) in that game imo.

You mean like we did today? Do you really see a difference between how we lined up today and how Arsenal line up in big games? Does VdV and Bale really line up that much further back than the arsenal wide men do and have used to?

We were no more defensive today than United were against us at the Lane in their fairly 4-5-1 looking line-up (defensively) in that game imo.

I don't think we play anything like Arsenal to be honest. Formation wise or style of play. We play a more patient low tempo game, regardless of the formation. Whilst we do break fast (like most teams) on occasion we prod and probe. Arsenal are far more gung ho. I'd also say that we are fluid though. You watch Arsenal and the players don't actually roam that much when the opposition is facing the play. Their wide men tend to stay wide. Ours roam all over the place.

Just got back, support was incredible today, fantastic and loud for 90 mins, Chelsea's well thats laughable, heard them twice in the 2nd half...

Good battling performance, shame we cant score really, read a stat, 94 attempts in last 4 games and weve scored 2 times !!!

There lies the problem...

Can we just fudge off with this formation brick? It's incredibly boring.

Good point, should've been 3 but I'm not complaing as long as we can pick up and start winning some of our remaining games.

Back