• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Blue Scum OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Patience. This too will pass.

It hurts, it always does.

But we're asking a squad which will shortly have had less than zero investment over 18 months to achieve miracles. We are asking the best manager in our modern history to work with nothing, and deliver everything.

We are not just asking Poch to be brave. We are asking him, and our players, to be superhuman. Because we won't spend anything on them, or on supporting him. What money we make is put into the stadium, and the owners will do nothing apart from managing that project and absent-mindedly drooling at the thought of the profits that come with selling up when it's done.

This is our ceiling. We're not good enough to win the league, and never were. We need to buy winners for that - sofas, not chairs, and certainly not nobody at all.

But we're not as bad as this week has made us seem. And that will show.

We will get back on track, with time. And we will finish in the Top Four - have no doubt about that. Poch will get us there. :)

80 points. We'll make it. Be brave.

Right now I think we have 8-9 starters that would get in at most top clubs. Two of those are Eriksen and Alderweireld, but it's more worrying that players like Lamela and Moura who are meant to be challenging and rotating are not cutting it.

I do see erisken and Toby leaving this summer and there are players out there we could get who could arguably improve us in De Ligt and Kai Havertz for the kine6 we would get for these two combined £100M at a guess)

We then need a right back to replace one of or both trippier and Aurier and I think that will be the lad Aaron’s from Norwich who looks a brilliant prospect and wouldn’t cost more than we would get for a trippier IMO

Then it’s down to how we upgrade elsewhere and I think Lamela would have value in Italy and we could go for someone like Julian Brandt again from Bayer ...

People think CM needs upgrading and I don’t disagree if Wanyama is broken but the onky plyer I’ve see who I like is Ndombele and city will get him although he is the wrong player for them IMO

Patience. This too will pass.

It hurts, it always does.

But we're asking a squad which will shortly have had less than zero investment over 18 months to achieve miracles. We are asking the best manager in our modern history to work with nothing, and deliver everything.

We are not just asking Poch to be brave. We are asking him, and our players, to be superhuman. Because we won't spend anything on them, or on supporting him. What money we make is put into the stadium, and the owners will do nothing apart from managing that project and absent-mindedly drooling at the thought of the profits that come with selling up when it's done.

This is our ceiling. We're not good enough to win the league, and never were. We need to buy winners for that - sofas, not chairs, and certainly not nobody at all.

But we're not as bad as this week has made us seem. And that will show.

We will get back on track, with time. And we will finish in the Top Four - have no doubt about that. Poch will get us there. :)

80 points. We'll make it. Be brave.

Bravo
Bravo
Bravo

I thought if Davies tracked the player then the player with the ball couldn’t have hurt us.

Then I thought now Pedro has it he can’t hurt us from where he is.

Then once Pedro had somehow got inside I though it’s still a big ask to score.

That’s why I said during the game that it was 3 errors.

Eriksen blew his cover.

Thought the goal woke us up and I was quite confident we might equalise, Chelsea had given up attacking. Then Trippier shat the bed.

As he usually does. That, I have no excuse for.

The man wasn't good enough to be our starting RB when Walker left, and he certainly isn't now.

It's best if he leaves in the summer, and we just promote KWP in his place. Can't be any worse, and could potentially be a whole lot better.

Hahahahaha, post-match frustrations boiling here ;-). I think he should've fudging saved the thing. He was on his near-post, the shot went near post, his legs were open like a warm inviting night on there Seine, he needs to do better for me!!! if you disagree, I absolutely get it mate.

No it’s your fault so feck you

Nah I’m fine with your views. I get where your coming from and their cool with me

My biggest bug bear is these are completely avoidable goals

Every player has bad spells and i will still support them, but can't support someone who doesn't try, and to me eyes eriksen isn't trying.
At least twice tonight he let a player just waltz right by him. There was no attempt to block, Harry, tackle or even track him after the player was past him. That is not acceptable to me.

I’m beginning to feel we cash in come the summer if we can get £50 million for him. He’s been around this squad for a long time now, and I love watching him - but he turns up in too few of the big games and, to me, perhaps is the clearest example of why we don’t seem to ever get over the line. He’s possibly too nice, too willing to let games pass him by.

Hugo is another. As Jenas said tonight, he is around too many mistakes in big games (let’s not forget the World Cup final), even if he is not always completely responsible for them. Ferdinand made a good point this evening when talking about the own goal. While admitting that Trippier was at fault he said that Hugo had the view of everything that was going on and should have been screaming at Trippier as he came out from his goal. And there is a question as to whether he should have been coming out at all.

Every player has bad spells and i will still support them, but can't support someone who doesn't try, and to me eyes eriksen isn't trying.
At least twice tonight he let a player just waltz right by him. There was no attempt to block, Harry, tackle or even track him after the player was past him. That is not acceptable to me.
There was a time when Eriksen was scoring free kicks for fun...I even thought he would overtake Bale...
so whats gone wrong with him there ..confidence thing or not practising on the training?

1739FC81-9CD3-4213-9AAA-C562FD5A541B.jpeg
I’m beginning to feel we cash in come the summer if we can get £50 million for him. He’s been around this squad for a long time now, and I love watching him - but he turns up in too few of the big games and, to me, perhaps is the clearest example of why we don’t seem to ever get over the line. He’s possibly too nice, too willing to let games pass him by.

Hugo is another. As Jenas said tonight, he is around too many mistakes in big games (let’s not forget the World Cup final), even if he is not always completely responsible for them. Ferdinand made a good point this evening when talking about the own goal. While admitting that Trippier was at fault he said that Hugo had the view of everything that was going on and should have been screaming at Trippier as he came out from his goal. And there is a question as to whether he should have been coming out at all.

See the photo ... why is trippier looking at Hugo and playing it to his side... and why is Hugo coming out with his arms out when he can’t touch it with his hands

There aren't many better keepers out there than Hugo. I would bring in upgrades to central defence, fullbacks and defensive midfielders before changing Hugo.

On that showing Arsenal will be a point behind by 3pm Saturday.

Pochettino's little quote today about not winning the title in the next 10 years must have done wonders for team morale. yes its true we wont, but keep it to yourself you jubbit

Spot on. Some of us picked up on that before the game. Poch is many good things, but it seems he just isn't Mr. Motivator. Too often we fall down at the final hurdle. He now says we haven't got a winning mentality. That has been all too obvious for some time. It is up to HIM to install it now. Not wait another five years to somehow find it.

Our key problem is midfield creativity. We rely on Eriksen far too much. When he is off key, we simply look bang average. Winks, Sissoko, Lamela. How many of those would get into our rivals sides? Therein is the issue right there.

And we really miss Dembele . His dribbling opened up the space for Eriksen to weave his magic. Without him, Eriksen finds it difficult to impose himself against the better teams.

Last edited:
Our key problem is midfield creativity. We rely on Eriksen far too much. When he is off key, we simply look bang average. Winks, Sissoko, Lamela. How many of those would get into our rivals sides? Therein is the issue right there.
Lamela wouldn’t but winks would get in Chelsea, United and Arsenal at least... I’d argue he is better than Henderson or Keita at Pool

Back