• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Blue Scum OMT ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our key problem is midfield creativity. We rely on Eriksen far too much. When he is off key, we simply look bang average. Winks, Sissoko, Lamela. How many of those would get into our rivals sides? Therein is the issue right there.

Do we overly rely on him or is he not doing his job?

Patience. This too will pass.

It hurts, it always does.

But we're asking a squad which will shortly have had less than zero investment over 18 months to achieve miracles. We are asking the best manager in our modern history to work with nothing, and deliver everything.

We are not just asking Poch to be brave. We are asking him, and our players, to be superhuman. Because we won't spend anything on them, or on supporting him. What money we make is put into the stadium, and the owners will do nothing apart from managing that project and absent-mindedly drooling at the thought of the profits that come with selling up when it's done.

This is our ceiling. We're not good enough to win the league, and never were. We need to buy winners for that - sofas, not chairs, and certainly not nobody at all.

But we're not as bad as this week has made us seem. And that will show.

We will get back on track, with time. And we will finish in the Top Four - have no doubt about that. Poch will get us there. :)

80 points. We'll make it. Be brave.

Word!!!!!

What a dreadful performance. Occasionally they deserve to be dug out for an awful performance and that was one of the worst I can remember in recent memory. They deserve to be slated, but you hope they bounce back with a BIG performance on Saturday. We better fecking turn up or it will be unforgivable.

I hope we get fired up as Arsenal did at the Emirates earlier this season. That would be enough for the win. With Eriksen in the team I'm not sure that will happen. Rose and Aurier have to play.

We didn't earn the right to win that match. Chelsea to a man worked harder than us. That was very disappointing, but also some of our ball control was frankly shocking. This is basic stuff we are fudging up.

The Burnley loss was one we could not afford. A win there would have given us some breathing space. That loss coupled with this one is a real kick in the balls.

I hope we get fired up as Arsenal did at the Emirates earlier this season. That would be enough for the win. With Eriksen in the team I'm not sure that will happen. Rose and Aurier have to play.
Trippier has been GHod awful this season. His world cup exploits a distant memory. Rose and Aurier to start all matches from now on please.

Been a Spurs fan for a long time, and this may possibly be a kneejerk but in the overall context of the current season that was one of the worst performances I've seen.

When I say context I mean:
  • The supposed quality of our team in comparison to previous years
  • The league situation where we have a small outside shot of winning the thing, or at least taking steps to solidifying a top 4
  • Chelsea being in 'disarray'
  • Having the best manager we've had for a very long time
Now there have obviously been poorer performances from a Spurs side before, but when you add in the above factors what we witnessed tonight probably trumps those. It was a shocking performance, one where a team who has one of the best strikers on the planet couldn't muster one shot on target.

Just stop being angry and moan about this game. Instead, take a deep breath, count to 10, relax and head over to the new OMT with a positive mindset.
New game coming up shortly, and a win will gloss over this.

Just stop being angry and moan about this game. Instead, take a deep breath, count to 10, relax and head over to the new OMT with a positive mindset.
New game coming up shortly, and a win will gloss over this.

The three game run gets easier as it goes on, yet our performances are getting worse, Burnley actually had something to play for, Chelsea at least had an embarrassing situation to exorcise, Arsenal have been on the beach since December.

Every player has bad spells and i will still support them, but can't support someone who doesn't try, and to me eyes eriksen isn't trying.
At least twice tonight he let a player just waltz right by him. There was no attempt to block, Harry, tackle or even track him after the player was past him. That is not acceptable to me.

That's being going on forever mate. He has some talent but getting stuck in isn't part of his game. Put it this way, you wouldn't want him next to you in a tear up, would you?

There was a time when Eriksen was scoring free kicks for fun...I even thought he would overtake Bale...
so whats gone wrong with him there ..confidence thing or not practising on the training?

He hasn't scored one in the Prem in forever. I think it's something like 3 years.

That's being going on forever mate. He has some talent but getting stuck in isn't part of his game. Put it this way, you wouldn't want him next to you in a tear up, would you?

That can be let go* when he hurts the opposition with the ball, but he’s stopped doing that.

There was a time, should the ball land at his feet on the edge of the box, he’d score, that is what we miss.

Most of the time his job is enabling his teammates when the system is working and they are playing well, when that’s not the case, his job is to do something on his own, right now that isn’t happening.

*Not for perfectionist muppets like me though obviously.

That can be let go* when he hurts the opposition with the ball, but he’s stopped doing that.

There was a time, should the ball land at his feet on the edge of the box, he’d score, that is what we miss.

Most of the time his job is enabling his teammates when the system is working and they are playing well, when that’s not the case, his job is to do something on his own, right now that isn’t happening.

*Not for perfectionist muppets like me though obviously.

I'm not oblivious to the good things that he is capable of, but as you say he just isn't doing them at the moment. If he doesn't do those things then he is less than useless because his game is all about his eye for a pass or a goal. I must confess that he does strike me as somewhat cowardly and unmanly.

I'm not oblivious to the good things that he is capable of, but as you say he just isn't doing them at the moment. If he doesn't do those things then he is less than useless because his game is all about his eye for a pass or a goal. I must confess that he does strike me as somewhat cowardly and unmanly.

It frustrates me, he’d be the best player in the world if he would just decide to be.

Last edited:
Dissappointing to lose but not really surprised. When you have a shyte record at Chelsea and have only won 1 match there since 1990, you can't really get upset when we lose as usual. But the annoying thing was we played poorly and went down without any fight. In fact, this is the first time in 179 league matches that we have failed to have any shots on target ! It seems like the combination of factors like Kane returning early from injury, 10-day break and Champions League campaign have destroyed our winning momentum.

All our key players were poor in this match. Without Chelsea-killer Alli, thought others like Kane and Son will step up and inspire us. Instead all were poor and didn't look like scoring whole match. Find it hard to accept we didn't even have any shots on target apart from a long range shot by Winks which hit the post. Not sure why we are so scared to make more long range shots like that. Don't know what happened to Kane's shoot-at-first-sight-of-goal policy which gave us many goals before. Annoyingly, all the players, especially Kane and Son seems want to dribble the ball into goal instead of shooting or passing to others. Eriksen was missing for almost entire match. Lamela worked hard to win the ball back with great tackles many times but was unable to help our attack much. But still thought it was a big mistake to replace Lamela with Llorente. I think Llorente should have replaced Kane as both doesn't work together well. Disappointingly, Llorente and Moura didn't have much impact after coming on.

We lost this match in midfield. Sissoko and Winks failed to control the midfield. Chelsea won the midfield battle too easily. Sissoko and Winks worked hard but they failed to trouble Chelsea much. I think we should have started Wanyama instead of Winks. This is where we badly missed the quality of Wanyama and Dembele in midfield. Sissoko, Winks or Dier are not in the same level as them.

Our defence let us down badly in this match. We were always going to face problems against Chelsea without the injured Vertonghen. And we looked nervy from the start, especially Lloris. Lloris was too slow to react for the first goal as he let the ball go in between his legs. Alderweireld and Sanchez should have been more alert for the goal as well. The second goal we conceded was more annoying. This is why I hate to see our players making unnecessary back passes to the goalie. Trippier should not have tried to pass back to Lloris without even checking where Lloris was. For his part, Lloris should not have come that far away from the goal as well.

With this defeat, not only our league title chances are virtually over but our top 4 places are now in danger as well. When we look back at this season, we will realise it is those defeats to shyte teams like Watford, Wolves and Burnley that have destroyed our league title chances not this defeat to Chelsea away. Let's hope we will get back our winning form against Arsenal next.

Last edited:
Back