• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Besiktas OOMT ***

We've definitely been working defensively. We are pairing Kaboul and Chiriches and we're looking comfortable.

You dont just lose ability though; he scored goals for fun at Valencia and he wont have just become a bad player overnight

Fernando Torres did. Some players can take ages to get going and then score for fun but both Soldado and Torres lost their confidence and seemed to forget how to put a ball into the net afterwards. Soldado will still pop up with the occasional goal but I really don't think he'll recover from this bad run, at least not in this league.

Soccer fans in the US are very accustomed to watching/supporting sides with limited success.

If we continue to market to them, continue to have US players in the squad, it could be a great market for us.

I'm not entirely convinced. A lot of our marketing last season was built around Bale, the superstar who won games on his own, the MVP at Tottenham: then he left, that same summer. Right now, there is little that distinguishes us from the likes of Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine when appealing to foreign markets: even our first mover advantage isn't worth that much given that every club around us is rushing to the States, as are the bigger clubs with bigger budgets and greater pulling power.

I'm not saying we shouldn't exploit the U.S market: like I said, it's a great opportunity. But I'm not sure we won't be operating at a disadvantage when compared to the rest of the clubs gunning for American fans.

No but they like a plucky underdog

Plucky? Us? :p

Think the pitch has been a big problem. The quick passing we have been used to recently is absent, though Dembele and Paulinho are playing.

You do wonder why we bought Ben Davies. We have Walker and Yedlin on the right so like for like players; Rose on the left is in the same mould as Walker and Yedlin....Davies is much more defensive. I dont think he's a bad player but in Poch's narrow system we're so reliant on the full backs to get any sort of width

Soldado's chances not that clear cut. Because he's off form and lacking goals, any half chances not converted are going to be frustrate us. I hope he gets a couple to break the trend. He needs it for his own head.

You do wonder why we bought Ben Davies. We have Walker and Yedlin on the right so like for like players; Rose on the left is in the same mould as Walker and Yedlin....Davies is much more defensive. I dont think he's a bad player but in Poch's narrow system we're so reliant on the full backs to get any sort of width

It is a strange one. I was thinking how much more of a threat we look with Walker and Rose playing. I was also thinking that Walker is probably the one to make Lamela work.

Walker will go wide when Lamela goes inside giving him an out ball option and taking the full back with him to create space for Lamela

Soldado's chances not that clear cut. Because he's off form and lacking goals, any half chances not converted are going to be frustrate us. I hope he gets a couple to break the trend. He needs it for his own head.

I like Soldado but the first one (volley from Kaboul's header) was definitely clear cut

I think the midfield three have been good. Paulinho having a solid game, doing everything right and good movement too. Dembele as someone mentioned having his best game in a while.

Back