• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM vs. ASTON VILLA - OMT

I'm waiting for the first person to say... 'oh I knew Villa would be tough because they were always going to be more defensively resolute after their heavy defeat against Chelsea!' - perhaps there is an element of truth in that but we are making Villa's defending easy for them, not Villa excelling with fantastic defensive play.

Spurs completely dominated the first half but once again failed to find the back of the net.

This is fast becoming a rather serious problem for us.

Lots of posession, lots of tippy tappy passing in unthreatening areas, lots of set pieces.......................equals....................absoluetly nothing.

Win, lose or draw, Its just not exciting watching Spurs anymore !

(that rhymes)

At least we're almost at the transfer window, perhaps we'll sign a player who can make the difference for our attacking play. Will Sneijder make that difference if he signs?

Who can recycle the ball quick and make it work so that we can attack and find spaces? We have pace in the team and yet it doesn't show in our play/

Lots of posession, lots of tippy tappy passing in unthreatening areas, lots of set pieces.......................equals....................absoluetly nothing.

(that rhymes)

There have been many games like this, even under Sir Harold of Redknapp.

First half analysis=

Naughton, Walker, Bale ,and Vertonghen have been good, Sandro and Dembele decent, Gallas and Lloris not much to do.

Ade, Defoe and Lennon need to fudging do something ffs.

When you watch Rooney and Van Persie, they are desperate for the ball, every time they get it they do something very positive, very important, either a pot at goal or a good layoff.

Defoe and Adebayor feel watered down, yes they shoot, yes they get through on goal, but it feels like they are satisfied to have a vague shot, they don't convince me. They just seem timid, half arsed somehow.

When we get to 86 minutes we'll go crazy attacking and really forcing it, we need to do that all game, not the last 5 mins

I think our best chance would be to just give Villa the ball and let them attack us, then hit them on the counter. They're far too organised at the back against our predictable tippy tappy going nowhere passing.

Were you not one of those that hated Harry? haha

Hate it to strong a word apart from graham i have not hated any of our managers but have called for all of them except jol to go.

I wanted redknapp replaced but i never went into an either pro or anti camp like some on here did. My reasons for wanting redknapp replaced were many including the collapses two seasons running and how he used to get dingdonged over in the cup matches.

The thing is i would have tried to replace him with someone who was in a similar style. Im not anti avb he may well get us a cup or top 4 in the league etc but it is the style of play that we play i find it overly cautious a lot of the time but i also blame barcelona because they do this to were all the players group together on the pitch and i find it actually defensive not attacking.

I just think maybe this is how modern football is going and unless your wingers are really on top of there game then you rarely get good breaks. We are a case in point when we do the "patient" build up that avb says he likes we barely look like scoring.

Just look at some of our performances this season at home to see what i mean. I will give AVB till the end of the season till i make my opinon on him.

We are not in danger of going down with him as coach but i find this overly defensive system of his a bit boring.

(that rhymes)

exactlyyyy tippy tappy honestly unless the other team makes a mistake and villa after there last game will be trying so hard not to, then you dont break teams down

Back