• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham vs Arsenal NLD OMT ***

Sack money is cheap due to his contract
Kane decides what happens for him and IMO that will be this summer when he and the club agree he can leave to united or city and united will pay the most so he goes there and people say it’s like Sheringham
We do need desperately to get more players in but we can’t panic and buy players conte won’t play
We can get in Poch or Tuchel easily and both would want the job
I don’t think either though would want to work in our current DOF structure
Poch needs to work under DOF

Watched the game now. Wish I didn't. Horrible, horrible first half, even by our standards.

They were miles better than us, of course, but Hugo's blunder made sure we couldn't soak up the pressure and possibly frustrate them.

Compare that to Ramsdale, who made key saves from our good opportunities.

Hate to say it, but barring a few long time injuries to several key players, these were the coming champions we played today. They played great football with even greater confidence, and had that bit of luck the good teams often have, when they soaked up our pressure.

I take a bit of encouragement from the first 15 minutes of the second half, when we were the better team by far. But that means fudge all when we can't convert our chances.

Just have to ignore the Arse tossfest until the summer, I suppose. And hope we can rise from the dead and het something out of this GHod forsaken season.

As much as it pains me to say it we need to do exactly what Arsenal have done. Who on here laughed when they appointed Arteta? We need to appoint an upcoming manager and not sack them after losing a few games. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have Howe and Chelsea Potter(if he gets time) and they will both be backed financially. Look what Howe has done. Their squad is definately no better than ours but he has them organised and hard to beat. As said in an earlier post we have splashed 60 mil on a player that has not delivered yet. Either get the players the manager wants or get rid of him. I know its not that easy when so much cash is available to certain clubs, for example every gooner I know was certain Mudryk would join them then along come Chelsea with a 7 year contract and a big money offer.
The other thing is if we do not qualify for the CL it will be even harder to attract top players. The other thing is will players want to play under Conte if its not even certain he will be here in a few months time

I'm still not convinced Arteta is on anything but a "one of those seasons" run (a Leicester if you will). Two 8th places prior, a thin squad, still no real striker.

The fact that City, Chelsea and Pool are all bricking the bed has way more to do with their position than some grand plan/process.

Im not sure that's it. We started today with a bit of intent first 5 mind but they destroyed us after that. It wasn't that we were sitting back necessarily but we spent the half chasing shadows. And I don't know why, Woolwich didn't do anything we wouldn't expect.

The only difference second half was that we were more aggressive and gave them less time on the ball. But its almost like we're sleeping through first halves rather than trying to play defensive for a 0-0. It's as baffling as it is unacceptable for a guy on 15m a year to be seeing the same pattern week after week.

Who's buying the shirt , me or you ?

I'm still not convinced Arteta is on anything but a "one of those seasons" run (a Leicester if you will). Two 8th places prior, a thin squad, still no real striker.

The fact that City, Chelsea and Pool are all bricking the bed has way more to do with their position than some grand plan/process.
Have you watched Arsenal play? They have outplayed everyone this season. It's not luck and I say that as someone who hates them.

Have you watched Arsenal play? They have outplayed everyone this season. It's not luck and I say that as someone who hates them.

Being on a form run, being mostly injury free and having the odd thing go for you is absolutely luck.

You really think on City/Pool's usual form, they would be anywhere near the top?

Highly likely they will get the title this season, don't think it turns them into regular contenders, probably top 4 but nothing more.

Being on a form run, being mostly injury free and having the odd thing go for you is absolutely luck.

You really think on City/Pool's usual form, they would be anywhere near the top?

Highly likely they will get the title this season, don't think it turns them into regular contenders, probably top 4 but nothing more.

The points they have suggests that they would be there or thereabouts

Whether they turn out to be one season wonders a la Leicester remains to be seen but the fact is that they have won 2 trophies and look like it will take a fall of spectacular proportions to not win the league this season. Then who will the top players want to join? We are not a bad team but we will not lay a glove on them unless the board finally back a manager with the players we need and get rid of all the dead wood or just repeat the cycle of turning over managers every 2 seasons.
Trouble is if Conte walks/or is sacked who would be your choice for next manager?

Dunno where to start on that. Disappointed in Conte. Really disappointed. That first half was poison to the point that I really feared a pasting second half. I said it looked men against boys but our lads are older so it looked men against pensioners. How the fudge a world class manager could allow Partey the time and space he had to be the perennial outball, I just really don't know. Shocking.

I've defended Hugo long enough. It's getting to breaking point with me at this stage. Second half, Ramsdale was unbelievably good. As good an all round goalkeeping performance as I've seen at our place in a long time. Makes some difference. I scoffed when they signed him but how he isn't England's first choice is a mystery.

Conte is culpable for a really bad set up and repeatedly poor first halves. You can only excuse it for so long. It's not good enough. Today's second half wasn't enough to mask that.

Thought most of the players were decent to be fair. Doherty, Kulu, Kane all put in shifts. Thought the CBs were okay. Sarr was okay but no better, the plaudits here confuse me. He just did the basics. Thought PEH busted an absolute nut today. He's limited at times but he worked like a dog. The players were not the problem today.

That said, Sess was appalling and Son continues to fall further off that cliff. Its mind boggling to have fallen so far so quickly but this is far more than a bad run of form or confidence issue. He's half a yard slower in everything he's doing and that's fatal for a player like him.

Tough run coming up. We'll do well to come out of it in one piece as a club.

Sorry, peh busted a nut, really! Second goal he is 10 yards from the ball when it breaks from them, he's at least 20 yards away when Odegaard shoots. It happens every game, he literally watches players run off or past him as they go on and score.
Sarr school him today, absolutely schooled him.

Watched the game now. Wish I didn't. Horrible, horrible first half, even by our standards.

They were miles better than us, of course, but Hugo's blunder made sure we couldn't soak up the pressure and possibly frustrate them.

Compare that to Ramsdale, who made key saves from our good opportunities.

Hate to say it, but barring a few long time injuries to several key players, these were the coming champions we played today. They played great football with even greater confidence, and had that bit of luck the good teams often have, when they soaked up our pressure.

I take a bit of encouragement from the first 15 minutes of the second half, when we were the better team by far. But that means fudge all when we can't convert our chances.

Just have to ignore the Arse tossfest until the summer, I suppose. And hope we can rise from the dead and het something out of this GHod forsaken season.

Disagree with the assessment from being at the game.

- First half we caught them in first 10 minutes a couple of times, Sess needed to be braver and put the ball in, they were open.
- We lost the ball way too much in 1st half, that was the big issue, too cheap turnovers.
- Second half we had them badly rattled for about 15-20 minutes, we just didn't make it count.
- They didn't dominate the game in any way (shots/possession/etc.), what I thought was clear is Arteta has learned something with us, there were clearly moments when they were absolutely willing to sit deep and soak up pressure, they obviously were wary of our counter/transition.
- Games was classic one of moments, two bad ones from us, struggling to remember us real threats (Martinelli was non existent). Ramsdale came up big when needed, keepers were the difference today, not some great football from Arsenal/Arteta.

Couple of other points worth noting

- Our fans were brick, once we went 2-0 down, atmosphere was absolute trash even when we had them under pressure in 2nd half. (and fudge me with the inevitable "we need to be entertained", it's a derby ffs)
- Deki makes a difference, clearly a game or two short of match sharpness but he fudging walked through them a few times

Positives, good to see almost the full squad available, will make a difference
Good to see Conte play Sarr and Gil again

Sorry, peh busted a nut, really! Second goal he is 10 yards from the ball when it breaks from them, he's at least 20 yards away when Odegaard shoots. It happens every game, he literally watches players run off or past him as they go on and score.

He is so flat footed and devoid of any quality......I would not mind playing him in a three with Sarr and Skipp as they would get about them....lets not pretend PEH does that,.....the occasional goal does not make up for the fact he is sh1t

Still think Romero should've come to block the shot, just stood there with his arms behind his back 10 yards away.

- Our fans were brick, once we went 2-0 down, atmosphere was absolute trash even when we had them under pressure in 2nd half. (and fudge me with the inevitable "we need to be entertained", it's a derby ffs)

Becoming a real problem imo. Sounded generally quiet on TV. Last couple of games I’ve been at the atmosphere has been meh.

Disagree with the assessment from being at the game.

- First half we caught them in first 10 minutes a couple of times, Sess needed to be braver and put the ball in, they were open.
- We lost the ball way too much in 1st half, that was the big issue, too cheap turnovers.
- Second half we had them badly rattled for about 15-20 minutes, we just didn't make it count.
- They didn't dominate the game in any way (shots/possession/etc.), what I thought was clear is Arteta has learned something with us, there were clearly moments when they were absolutely willing to sit deep and soak up pressure, they obviously were wary of our counter/transition.
- Games was classic one of moments, two bad ones from us, struggling to remember us real threats (Martinelli was non existent). Ramsdale came up big when needed, keepers were the difference today, not some great football from Arsenal/Arteta.

Couple of other points worth noting

- Deki makes a difference, clearly a game or two short of match sharpness but he fudging walked through them a few times

Positives, good to see almost the full squad available, will make a difference
Good to see Conte play Sarr and Gil again
Keepers make a mega difference
Their team believe in Ramsdale
Our players can’t back Hugo
He was mumbling to himself when he let in the first goal like a mad man

and I think Sess didn’t do what you described with the first chances because he was scared of being out of position

Becoming a real problem imo. Sounded generally quiet on TV. Last couple of games I’ve been at the atmosphere has been meh.

Pompey game was awful, said it, people gave me the oh, it was women/families, fact is, people in the stadium are behaving just like fans on social media, it's constant bitching ..

Back