• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Liverpool *****

Xg means brick.

Why do think it means brick? I’ve never heard anyone give a good explanation / justification!

It’s obviously far from a perfect measure of quality of chances, but it’s better than nothing. E.g. in this game Liverpool had more possession, more shots, and more shots on target - anyone who didn’t watch the game might think they were the better team, without seeing the xG stat. And anyone who did watch and thought Liverpool were the better team might at least be given some food for thought by seeing the xG.

Why do think it means brick? I’ve never heard anyone give a good explanation / justification!

It’s obviously far from a perfect measure of quality of chances, but it’s better than nothing. E.g. in this game Liverpool had more possession, more shots, and more shots on target - anyone who didn’t watch the game might think they were the better team, without seeing the xG stat. And anyone who did watch and thought Liverpool were the better team might at least be given some food for thought by seeing the xG.

the beauty, or lack of it is what you see with your eyes.

so when I watched us today I literally thought we would score every time we attacked…

so feck xgin a sense because I haven’t felt that way in a very long time.

off the ball as well I saw a shape and structure on how to defend.

loved that performance so much, but my word we were wasteful.

On the train home. Hoarse but happy. We should've won but I'd definitely have taken a draw before hand. The fact that we created chances we were then missing is a positive in my book. OK we should be putting them away but that will come.
Another positive was Dele. Seems to have his mojo back.
At least we showed the cvnts they (and the ref) aren't going to have it all their own way.

Think this formation suits us more than the 523. Liverpool weren’t great, but we were much better than I had expected we would be after the time out. I’m confused how we looked so much better today than v Norwich. We’ve had a week off training and so how did the improvements come? Or am I missing something.

Think this formation suits us more than the 523. Liverpool weren’t great, but we were much better than I had expected we would be after the time out. I’m confused how we looked so much better today than v Norwich. We’ve had a week off training and so how did the improvements come? Or am I missing something.

fudge yeah. Some possession at last!

The obvious difference on paper was going 3 + 2 in midfield and attack rather than the usual 2 + 3. I personally feel Skipp & Hojberg doesn't offer enough creativity as a pair and leaves us without a good link between defence and attack. Ndombele Winks & Dele all worked hard & played well too.

I'd like to see us keep the 3+2 moving forwards and Skipp in for one of todays trio if required.

I was worried something had happened to you, not seen you ranting in the cricket thread:D….
Don’t talk to me about the cricket it really isn’t worth the effort.
I’ve been in the Physiotherpy rehab for the last five weeks and that’s been far more enjoyable than watching the England team play cricket!

Unfortunately couldn't watch the game, but from the comments and the highlights I wish I did. Good result, shame we couldn't capitalise and win it, and plenty of positives.

Kane was lucky to avoid the red, I think the Dele penalty decision was correct, their second should've been disallowed from that blatant handball, and the Robertson red card was fully warranted IMO. I think Kane's was clearer though, straight legs, studs up and all that. Not a good day for the ref overall.

Back