• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Liverpool *****

Unfortunately couldn't watch the game, but from the comments and the highlights I wish I did. Good result, shame we couldn't capitalise and win it, and plenty of positives.

Kane was lucky to avoid the red, I think the Dele penalty decision was correct, their second should've been disallowed from that blatant handball, and the Robertson red card was fully warranted IMO. I think Kane's was clearer though, straight legs, studs up and all that. Not a good day for the ref overall.

you have it spot on IMO

Just rewatching the game at home and the Kane incident made me wince. I didn't appreciate it in the ground but watching it now on tv, it didn't look good. Whatever his intention, if that had been an opposition player on Kane I think we'd be screaming 'red'. But the commentary did imply that VAR had checked it (although it wasn't referenced on the screens), so I assume on that basis there can't be any retrospective action taken?

The obvious difference on paper was going 3 + 2 in midfield and attack rather than the usual 2 + 3. I personally feel Skipp & Hojberg doesn't offer enough creativity as a pair and leaves us without a good link between defence and attack. Ndombele Winks & Dele all worked hard & played well too.

I'd like to see us keep the 3+2 moving forwards and Skipp in for one of todays trio if required.
Kane and Son work better closer together, defenders aren’t as sure how to commit to them as they pose different but complementary threats. If we use them like that, we still desperately need at least one alternative to them though.

It’s a little harsh on Moura who doesn’t fit naturally into those 3 midfield slots but seeing the improvement on Dele and Winks today, perhaps Conte’s coaching is helping define individual roles better, so potentially he could end up playing a central role or rwb?

Dele was making the overlap like the Dele of old (surely an instruction to look for the run with a diagonal over the top as Dier, Sanchez and Winks all executed good passes of this ilk) and he was also not hanging onto the ball as much as usual, Winks was regularly passing forwards or moving the ball on quickly and pressed and intercepting well.

Edit: ditto Tanguy, whilst I don’t think he did enough defensively he was also looking to shift the ball rather than beat his man / draw fouls. Come to think of it same with Kane and the fouls too.

I also believe Skipp will replace Ndombele next time out and Hojbjerg will be on the bench.

Last edited:
Just rewatching the game at home and the Kane incident made me wince. I didn't appreciate it in the ground but watching it now on tv, it didn't look good. Whatever his intention, if that had been an opposition player on Kane I think we'd be screaming 'red'. But the commentary did imply that VAR had checked it (although it wasn't referenced on the screens), so I assume on that basis there can't be any retrospective action taken?

It could've been a red, don't think we could have argued if it had been, but it wasn't a clear red.
So not a clear and obvious mistake for var to over turn.

Same with the penalties imho, they could all have been given, but they all played for the conact and the chance to go down.
I'm glad penalties aren't given for that.

Think it’s just a by product of being the main Sky game with not many other games to talk about. In a normal week and this wasn’t a televised game not much would have been made of it, yellow card, move on. Slow it down and show it again in super slow mo 50 times however, then get Tyler and a few ex Liverpool players to talk about it and you have your controversy/talking point/victim complex for the week.

Edit: just to add to that, I’ve seen it again on MOTD now in real time and looks like a normal “foul” not sure anyone can seriously complain that giving a yellow card is an obvious error there.

Last edited:
If that tackle had been against a Spurs player we would all be livid if the Liverpool player was not awarded a red card
Not really, I'd be amazed if a Liverpool player was sent off for that tbh.
Look at the Robertson one, that was as clear a red card as you will ever see, yet the ref was only going to book him.

Think it’s just a by product of being the main Sky game with not many other games to talk about. In a normal week and this wasn’t a televised game not much would have been made of it, yellow card, move on. Slow it down and show it again in super slow mo 50 times however, then get Tyler and a few ex Liverpool players to talk about it and you have your controversy/talking point/victim complex for the week.

Edit: just to add to that, I’ve seen it again on MOTD now in real time and looks like a normal “foul” not sure anyone can seriously complain that giving a yellow card is an obvious error there.

Sky were very clever in diverting attention away from the fact that Liverpool were poor, especially in defence, and salah never got a sniff.

The obvious difference on paper was going 3 + 2 in midfield and attack rather than the usual 2 + 3. I personally feel Skipp & Hojberg doesn't offer enough creativity as a pair and leaves us without a good link between defence and attack. Ndombele Winks & Dele all worked hard & played well too.

I'd like to see us keep the 3+2 moving forwards and Skipp in for one of todays trio if required.
Winks offered some of the creativity today. Something no one would have predicted given his performances over the last 18 months.

Looking at it again it was a red for me. We got lucky.

Back