• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham v Everton OMT***

Match Result

• Total voters
Reasons to be cheerful

Compared to last season
  • One more point
  • One more goal
  • Keeper with clean sheet
Generally
  • New signing looked good
  • Perkiest AM continues to do the biz (and scores)
  • Nomads beaten in their own tent
  • Nomads boo-ed off by their 'fans'

@Whiffler thanks pal. All true and I predicted a draw. Yet the result niggles. Because it shows that we haven't progressed from last season. We didn't stamp our authority on them, and most annoying of all, we were the better team yet drew.

I know this will fully tinkle Poch off. And hopefully we'll progress through the season with this team developing a more dominant mentally tough style. We let teams influence us too easily and don't assert a win when we're the better team.

Midfield was lacking with Dier and Wanyama and Alli didn't have a good game, otherwise we looked good, if a little rusty. But that crucial midfield spine wasn't on song.

Marathon and not a sprint and all that. In Poch I trust.

concern for me - Dele's positioning for the cross. Why wasnt he attacking the far post? Erikson (IIRC) was also on the edge to get lose balls.

We're also one of the TOP 6 clubs, and should do better than to lose almost half of our opening games. Yes, I know we were shait in the 90's, but still. Should do better!

we weren't a top 6 club for half of the PL, we were closer to being a bottom 6 one

we weren't a top 6 club for half of the PL, we were closer to being a bottom 6 one

From 1990-2005 we were the only team in the country that never finished in the top or bottom 6 of the division.

Our opening day record is pants though - even in recent seasons when we've been better as a team. Just two wins since Assou-Ekotto's thunderbolt against Liverpool in 2009. And even if you go back across the last 11 seasons in which we've finished in the top 5 for most of them, our record is W3 D2 L6 F7 A13 - with that Assou-Ekotto game being the only one where we managed to score a second goal.

correct me if i'm wrong, i read some time back that poch's teams tend to have slow starts
maybe its something he has yet to learn; after all he is a young coach.

concern for me - Dele's positioning for the cross. Why wasnt he attacking the far post? Erikson (IIRC) was also on the edge to get lose balls.

i dunno, looking at the gif makes it look to me that he was anticipating the rebound and would have been in a better position than Eriksen had it came out to the center edge of the box

In the end it was good to get a draw.
However, in the scheme of things i still think it's 2 points dropped.

Hopefully we can get a win vs Palace to help us fully shake off the end of last season.

COYS

Back