• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wolves OMT***

We could control the midfield if we had a player in the Maddison role
today we didn’t
there was a gaping hole for someone who would get the ball and control the tempo
it was a frenetic game and it suited them to chase us
they were very good too
but IMO Ange got it wrong with his selection. Thought it before the game and more is watching
the defence was under a lot of pressure which again, couldn have been relived with players in midfield keeping the ball IMO

Davies was very good. He was a real worry for me but he didn’t really pot a foot wrong

Midfield selection was very strange, could have made just 1 change for Maddison but opted to move Sarr as well. With just 1 change we might have had more control of midfield.

I like Bissouma but I'm not convinced he's the long term solution, very good player but I think given the importance of his role in our system it's an area we could improve.

Some of my mates have flipped already
I think the timing of when we conceded today hurts a lot more than a “conventional” defeat
It’s just perception but our fans can really change quickly despite hailing the obvious improvements
Flipped in what sense?

Were the type who were gung-ho saying we would win the league or challenge for it? If so then you already know they are the reactionary type so you shouldn't be surprised.

I think most level headed people knew that this situation would happen at some point so there's no reason for them to flip if they hadn't already had overly lofty expectations.

Flipped in what sense?

Were the type who were gung-ho saying we would win the league or challenge for it? If so then you already know they are the reactionary type so you shouldn't be surprised.

I think most level headed people knew that this situation would happen at some point so there's no reason for them to flip if they hadn't already had overly lofty expectations.
Flipped as in blaming players and the style of football

Is there a gooner in charge of all the TV schedules for games? Last to play last weekend v Chelsea after 10 day? break and first to play this weekend. This coming after the Fulham/Palace combo Mon/Fri special. Scheduling of our games seems strange. First really started noticing it in the 'Leicester' season when we kept getting Monday night games.

Is there a gooner in charge of all the TV schedules for games? Last to play last weekend v Chelsea after 10 day? break and first to play this weekend. This coming after the Fulham/Palace combo Mon/Fri special. Scheduling of our games seems strange. First really started noticing it in the 'Leicester' season when we kept getting Monday night games.

We draw a large TV audience so will always be up for rescheduling and with no European football we will be available for Mon/Fri games more than those in Europe

Flipped as in blaming players and the style of football
If they are criticising some of the poorer players who have had to come I can understand that, as it is a fairly obvious flaw in our squad. The style of football is what it is, changing to something maybe more defensive isn't going to get anymore from these players, we have already seen that under Mou and Conte.

Your friends need to stay the course and wait until the squad overhaul has been completed. The instant success has made them forget what we saw and what we had before this summer and those changes have been wafer thin. Given time and investment I do believe Ang can really cook because he's done exceptionally well with relatively limited resources and time.

Last edited:
If they are criticising some of the puppeteer players who have had to come I can understand that, as it is a fairly obvious flaw in our squad. The style of football is what it is, changing to something maybe more defensive isn't going to get anymore off of these players, we have already seen that under Mou and Conte.

Your friends needed to stay the course and wait until the squad overhaul head been completed. The instant success has made them forget what we saw and what we had before this summer and those changes have been wafer thin. Given time and investment I do believe Ang can really cook because he's done exceptionally well with relatively limited resources and time.
I just call them out and remind them of their comments Monday night
Its quite easy… I just remind them to blame Harry winks and they know what that means

And you’re 100% right. Ange hadn’t got carried away. He knows what’s needed and given the tools he will deliver

Still though a CL place this season is still on the cards which in itself would have seemed well out of reach before the season started.
Why did you think a CL place was well out of reach at the start of the season? With the top 5 likely to get one, with no Europe to worry about this year, and with our average finishing position over the last decade or so, we surely had (and have) a very good chance of finishing top 5?

Why did you think a CL place was well out of reach at the start of the season? With the top 5 likely to get one, with no Europe to worry about this year, and with our average finishing position over the last decade or so, we surely had (and have) a very good chance of finishing top 5?
Harry Kane

Because no one really knew for sure what Ange is capable of.

We also could only hope Vicario, VDV, Udogie would turn out anywhere near as good as they have been.

Then there is the Bissouma renaissance, Sarr’s emergence, how we’d cope without Kane, could Porro play in a back 4.

Harry Kane

We’d won plenty of games without Kane each time he was out injured, usually through Son and others stepping up - not unlike what has happened this time.

It was also pretty clear through Ange’s appointment that we’d be playing a different way, which would decrease our reliance on a figure like Kane.

I still looked at our squad before the season began and thought, bar Arsenal and Liverpool, it was pretty much the equal of - or, in plenty of cases, better than - the rest of the league.

Edit: Bar City, not Arsenal!

There was a lot of “team that finished 8th and now without Harry Kane will do well to finish top half” sentiment. When you look at the other 5 sides in the “Big 6”, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Villa, we looked like we’d be near the bottom of that pile.

Personally, I always thought top 8 would be acceptable and top 6 would be success. Anything above that would be really impressive. With the start we had, that sort of shifted a little bit but I still think getting CL football would represent a really great first season for Ange.

Did you watch us last season? We were dogbrick, awful football and just about scraping results while we had Conte and then even the results fell off the cliff once Conte left. Add to that, that we were losing Kane and brought in an inexperienced at this level manager. There was really no way to predict which way this season would go.

We've basically overhauled the starting 11 with 7 players who either weren't physically at the club last year or didn't feature. They've all done exceptionally well but there was no reason to expect that to be the case. It usually takes a lot longer to get a new system in place and the players playing well in it especially given that it isn't actually a run of the mill style or simple system that Ange has implemented.

I can't say I expected top 4 at the start of the season. I knew we would do better than last year, i felt it was impossible not to, but there were a lot of questions to be had and answered before the season started. Top 6 was my what I thought reasonable target with the possibility of a Top 4 place if things gelled well and quickly.

Final point, that Kane era team is dead and gone. The players that used to get us top 4 regularly have retired or moved on to other pastures and we hadn't recruited well in terms of their replacements so the recent historical angle was I'd argue a 50/50.

Is the starting 11 good enough to finish top 4? I'd say yes but is the squad? I'm don't think so.

Poor result yesterday but it’s important for us to realise that football isn’t the be all and end all. Yesterday, I paid a visit to pay homage to one of Tottenham’s lost sons. It’s a harrowing experience.

Attachments

• 60C9F11E-62C0-400B-BD24-067DFDD3BA9B.jpeg
    60C9F11E-62C0-400B-BD24-067DFDD3BA9B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
So many players out in one go..half the bloody team gone!
What worries me now is playing our old defenders.
Maddison is a key player and he is injury-prone.

Oh boy...............

I dreaded reading this after yesterday but surprisingly most posts are positive and level headed. With the team we played it was going to be tough, there were too many of the old guard on the pitch at the end and it seemed they lost confidence in the new way and reverted to the old ways. This just confirmed what we all know and that we need time, new faces and a bit of luck.

Back