• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS swansea OFFICIAL OMT**********

JUST saw this...funny, I pondered whether AVB might see Townshend in this role a little further into the season...I don't think he's quite ready yet, but with coaching and aptitude I can see it happening down the line perhaps...

Why do you keep calling him Townshend?

We now have a lot more competition centrally and any two or three out of Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho and Capoue has a lot of potential and can do really well imo.

At this point in the season I don't think any of those players is an automatic starter every week. Someone might make a place their own as we move along, but for now I can see good reasons for starting each of them.

(Sigg) put a free kick just wide against Tblisi, didn't he?

I don't mind him starting though and I don't think he needs to be dropped. With the players currently available I think he's the best choice we have for the number 10 role if we start in a 4-2-3-1. He came very close twice in the opener and I think he's a player that will score the goals as long as he continues to get into those positions.

Those are exactly my thoughts and very well put.

Hope Sigg scores. He is more skilful than many here notice but he needs to man up in tackles.

I would start Townsend especially if Lennon is not 100% fit. His confidence will be high after Thursday and when we beat Swansea at home last season he came on with about 20 minutes to go and immediately offered a threat with his direct running. He won the free kick that led to Vert's goal.

I know the game on Thursday is hard to judge in that we don't really know how what standard the opposition were but who else playing would have done what he did...(I think and hope Chadli could)

I would go for Capoue, Paulinho, Dembele, Chadli, Soldado, Townsend.

Last edited:
I'd go:

--------------Lloris---------------
Walker----Daws---Vertonghen----Rose
---------------------------------------
------Dembele-----Paulinho-------
Lennon--------Sigg------Townsend
--------------Soldado-------------

I can see us winning by a couple.

I agree completely. For me he is a certain starter when fit.

I agree however I would bench lennon for Townsend.....

I just think he has earned a starting position...although there will be those saying Tblisi are a pub team........my reasons behind this is that a)I think Lennon needs a kick up the **** (sorry azza) b)I believe Townsend can carry on his form from the other night c) his link up play especially with Soldado looks good d) if azza is carrying a slight knock it would be better not to risk him, especially as Andros was on fire the other night.

I trust AVB and our coaching staff but I do feel it sends out all the wrong messages if he doesn't start after that performance. Cant wait for Sunday getting back to football after recent transfer shenanigans. Getting 6 points on the board would be massive and excellent leading up to a nld.

I do not underestimate Swansea and I think the score line against United was very harsh on them....they have players who can hurt us immensely if we do not come out and maintain a high level of performance.

unfortunately I am not there but I hope WHL is rocking for the first game home of the season. I really hope we can get another three points on the board, I feel quietly confident but I am not oblivious to the threat of Swansea....good manager, good player's, good signings. This could be a bad result if we are jetlagged or are not at it from the first whistle.

I agree with this.

Anyone know if this is on TV?

4pm k/o - but can't see it listed anywhere (of course, i may just be being an idiot)

Townsend--------Sigg------Chadli

2-0, Bobby Soldier will score again

Townsend--------Sigg------Chadli

2-0, Bobby Soldier will score again

WE have to play Sandro or Capoue - at least one naturally defensive player that is capable of holding. Paulo is a box to box player

I thought it might've been an inside joke that I've missed out on.

Oh, I see...sorry, no. Just my poor spelling again...:oops:

I mean, we COULD manufacture something about the 'Townshend nose' syndrome? Nah...it was just poor spelling!

Walker--Daws---Verts----Rose
-------------Capoue-------------
------Dembele-----Paulinho----
---Townsend------------Chadli
-------------Soldado-------------

Love Lennon and he's my regular starter but I believe in meritocracy. Townsend is hot right now, pretty much scoring every time he plays.

Think Diego's team makes the most sense for this one. We know Swansea are a possession based team so we need an extra man in midfield. Sigg's closing down and spacial awareness is woeful compared to that midfield 3, plus he hasn't done anything in his last 3 matches to warrant a start, same as Lennon. Though I think both could be great impact subs, Lennon especially when Swans legs get a bit tired.

Defoe to come on at the end as well when we're up towards the end. He can do the business on the counter and knows how to run into space to drag away a defender when we're on the counter. Perfect for later on in the game when they're trying to press for an equaliser.

-----------------------Lloris-----------------------
Walker-------Daws------------Verts-----------Rose
-------------Dembele--------Pauliho----------------
Townsend-------------Lennon-----------------Chadli
----------------------Soldado----------------------

It'll be Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose; Paulinho, Dembele; Lennon, Sigurdsson, Chadli; Soldado

MAYBE Capoue for Siggy but probably not.

-----------------------Lloris-----------------------
Walker-------Daws------------Verts-----------Rose
-------------Dembele--------Paulinho----------------
Townsend-------------Lennon-----------------Chadli
----------------------Soldado----------------------

Townsend AND Lennon! And Rose and Chadli...that's a lot of pace.

i won't forget how dirty michu was when we last played so i'd want both paulinho and capoue to start and return the favour.

Back