• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS swansea OFFICIAL OMT**********

-----------LLORIS-------
WALKER-KAB-DAWS-ROSE
---PAULY-------CAPOUE----
ANDROS--SIG----CHADLI
------SOLDADO----------

If Vertonghen is 100 percent fit, obviously he plays, but I more than back Daws and Kaboul to do the job. No sense in rushing big Jan back this early in the season.

COYS!

3-1

We lined up against a pub team and beat them. Can't read very much of any relevance out of that game.

You never have anything positive to say about Spurs and I doubt your credentials.

They were not a pub team. Lloris had to make 3 or 4 good saves. We made them look like a pub team at times because individually our players were better than theirs.

Personally think anybody dropping Dembele is nuts.....what about a bit of loyalty to one of our top performers last year!
Siggy has been well below the general standard in the 2 games so far and if anybody should be dropped its him. Dembele has been v good so far but not flavour of the month with some people anymore it seems.

Personally think anybody dropping Dembele is nuts.....what about a bit of loyalty to one of our top performers last year!
Siggy has been well below the general standard in the 2 games so far and if anybody should be dropped its him. Dembele has been v good so far but not flavour of the month with some people anymore it seems.

Dembele was injured for a lot of last season. He started great but he frustrated me later on. Just like yesterday. But he is a very good player.

He and Capoue played the 90 yesterday. IMO these guys will be fighting over the same spot this season. May the best man win!!

I agree completely. For me he is a certain starter when fit.

I fancy us to get a few goals in this one. Maybe 3-1. Please, please play Paulinho further forward and Dembele as one of the two holding players.

For me, it's not a question of dropping Dembele b/c I don't rate him, it's just horses for courses. I don't think he's creative enough to play up in that #10 role, and since we are playing a team that holds the ball well in Swansea, I went for Capoue and Paulinho as ball-winners.

If we were playing against a tougher side or away from home, I'd opt for 3 in the middle (including Dembele). If we were playing against a much lower side, I would have gone with Dembele in the deeper role alongside one of Capoue or Paulinho, as he offers more attacking impetus from deep. Dembele is a class player and has a massive part to play, but I don't like him in the #10 role. Nothing against him.

With you 100%. Sig is the one who needs dropping. He plays neat and tidy but his overall end product is pretty poor despite getting into decent positions. Where is the goalscoring form he showed at Swansea? He used to score free kicks for them, doesn't ever come close to doing this for us.

--------------Lloris---------------
Walker--Daws---Verts----Rose
-------------Capoue-------------
------Dembele-----Paulinho----
---Townsend------------Chadli
-------------Soldado-------------

Love Lennon and he's my regular starter but I believe in meritocracy. Townsend is hot right now, pretty much scoring every time he plays.

Why try to reinvent the wheel.. It worked with Bale and I think Townsend could do it...

----------------------
Lennon-----Townsend------Chadli

Why try to reinvent the wheel.. It worked with Bale and I think Townsend could do it...

----------------------
Interesting

We now have a lot more competition centrally and any two or three out of Dembele, Sandro, Paulinho and Capoue has a lot of potential and can do really well imo.

At this point in the season I don't think any of those players is an automatic starter every week. Someone might make a place their own as we move along, but for now I can see good reasons for starting each of them.

With you 100%. Sig is the one who needs dropping. He plays neat and tidy but his overall end product is pretty poor despite getting into decent positions. Where is the goalscoring form he showed at Swansea? He used to score free kicks for them, doesn't ever come close to doing this for us.

He put a free kick just wide against Tblisi, didn't he?

I agree he hasn't done enough to keep his spot in the team right now. I don't mind him starting though and I don't think he needs to be dropped. With the players currently available I think he's the best choice we have for the number 10 role if we start in a 4-2-3-1. He came very close twice in the opener and I think he's a player that will score the goals as long as he continues to get into those positions.

Love Lennon and he's my regular starter but I believe in meritocracy. Townsend is hot right now, pretty much scoring every time he plays.

Also I feel like Lennon is sometimes rushed back from these niggly injuries, if he's declared fit but sits it out on the bench if he isn't needed the rest wouldn't do him any harm.

Townsend's chances come in lower profile games ie shamrock rovers Dynamo Tinsnifkff etc etc and he's impressed, it'd be good to give him a start in the premier league, an opportunity to shine. My opinion of the player has changed dramatically in the last year or so, much matured and a threat for defenders.

----------------------

JUST saw this...funny, I pondered whether AVB might see Townshend in this role a little further into the season...I don't think he's quite ready yet, but with coaching and aptitude I can see it happening down the line perhaps...

For me we need to start Sig this weekend. Home game, he'll be fired up, he needs to get a few games to see if he's going to be able to make it work...

----------------------
Lennon-----Sigurdsson------Chadli

subs: Defoe, Capoue, Townshend, Carroll, Younes, Sandro

Great side, great bench...

For me we need to start Sig this weekend. Home game, he'll be fired up, he needs to get a few games to see if he's going to be able to make it work...

----------------------
Lennon-----Sigurdsson------Chadli

subs: Defoe, Capoue, Townshend, Carroll, Younes, Sandro

Great side, great bench...

I agree however I would bench lennon for Townsend.....

I just think he has earned a starting position...although there will be those saying Tblisi are a pub team........my reasons behind this is that a)I think Lennon needs a kick up the **** (sorry azza) b)I believe Townsend can carry on his form from the other night c) his link up play especially with Soldado looks good d) if azza is carrying a slight knock it would be better not to risk him, especially as Andros was on fire the other night.

I trust AVB and our coaching staff but I do feel it sends out all the wrong messages if he doesn't start after that performance. Cant wait for Sunday getting back to football after recent transfer shenanigans. Getting 6 points on the board would be massive and excellent leading up to a nld.

I do not underestimate Swansea and I think the score line against United was very harsh on them....they have players who can hurt us immensely if we do not come out and maintain a high level of performance.

unfortunately I am not there but I hope WHL is rocking for the first game home of the season. I really hope we can get another three points on the board, I feel quietly confident but I am not oblivious to the threat of Swansea....good manager, good player's, good signings. This could be a bad result if we are jetlagged or are not at it from the first whistle.

Dembele was injured for a lot of last season. He started great but he frustrated me later on. Just like yesterday. But he is a very good player.

He and Capoue played the 90 yesterday. IMO these guys will be fighting over the same spot this season. May the best man win!!

I think they would be more likely to play alongside each other than instead of each other. Capoue looks the superior defensive placer

I think we should always be playing at least one of Sandro and Capoue - we need at least one player who can excel as a defensive midfielder.

When fit my first choice central defensive partnership has to be Verts and Kaboul with Dawson on the bench.

-----------LLORIS-------
WALKER-KAB-DAWS-ROSE
---PAULY-------CAPOUE----
ANDROS--SIG----CHADLI
------SOLDADO----------

If Vertonghen is 100 percent fit, obviously he plays, but I more than back Daws and Kaboul to do the job. No sense in rushing big Jan back this early in the season.

COYS!

3-1

Dawson struggles when he has to play left defence. Not sure If Kaboul does too but I've never seen them look that convincing together. Having Verts balances us well, I'd certainly play him this game.

Back