• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS swansea OFFICIAL OMT**********

Nobody has mentioned him but Rose is our new LB.

Wouldn't be the end of the world if this is the case. But I still half-expect the club to bring in someone new if Assou-Ekotto is off. I don't think Naughton can be relied upon as back-up in that position *and* right-back. And while I kind of think Vertonghen can cover LB if required, it's not his best position and I feel his talents are wasted there. We shall see.

Dawson is a pretty good defender but an awful passer. It frustrates me how many wayward passes he makes. They either go out for a throw in or straight to the other team. Once Kaboul is properly match fit then I'd prefer to see him in for Dawson.

Thought he made some excellent passes today, including a few diagonals to Rose and that fantastic through-ball to Walker (I think) after he burst forward with the ball.

He played well but got caught out for the Flores shot which Lloris brilliantly saved...those are the details he'll need to eradicate in order for long-term possession of the shirt IMO...

Good result, but I'm hoping that Holtby starts playing more often. As a few others have said we do lack a bit of creativity in the middle:

Soldado is only really looking to get on the end of through balls and crosses.
Chadli and Townsend mostly look to cross or shoot.
Paulinho mostly looks to shoot.
Dembele mosty looks to dribble and then play a straightforward pass...

I'd like to see Holtby in for Dembele to provide the passing ability that we're somewhat lacking. Think that would be a very well-rounded team.

3 games.

3 wins.

7 scored.

0 conceded.

Not to bad for a one-man team who's only player has been missing.

Dawson is a pretty good defender but an awful passer. It frustrates me how many wayward passes he makes. They either go out for a throw in or straight to the other team. Once Kaboul is properly match fit then I'd prefer to see him in for Dawson.
check out the passing stats thread mate

yo guys just back from inlaws.......

over the moon with three points....... who saw the game??? did we play well???

either way this sets us up nicely for the NLD.....very impressed with two clean sheets in a row......

I like the fact that alot of other fans seem to be writing us off already saying we look **** and our side is filled with average players. It takes the pressure off us. I don't want to get too carried away after the first couple of games but i'm really seeing the start of something special i think. We could do with a touch more quality in attacking areas and a bit more time to gel, if we can get a couple more players in, in those position i don't think we are really too far off anyone and on our day we will be a match for anyone.

Another very good game I thought.

Quite dominating up to the goal and we created chances. On another day Paulinho could have had a hat-trick. Dominating possession against Swansea is impressive I thought and our central trio was very impressive off the ball, but credit to our front three as well.

Things changed a bit after the goal, as they often do. I think we tired a bit in the second part of the second half, but we defended reasonably well.

Onwards and upwards!

It's now been 447 minutes since Spurs last conceded a competitive goal (Stoke's Steven Nzonzi, in case anyone's interested).

A fair bit of gelling yet to do and I think we will struggle creatively without further additions, but still a lot to be positive about.

Another very good game I thought.

Quite dominating up to the goal and we created chances. On another day Paulinho could have had a hat-trick. Dominating possession against Swansea is impressive I thought and our central trio was very impressive off the ball, but credit to our front three as well.

Things changed a bit after the goal, as they often do. I think we tired a bit in the second part of the second half, but we defended reasonably well.

Onwards and upwards!

This was the only disappointment for me. In fairness to Swansea they stepped their passing game up and pushed forward, but I would have liked us to stay a bit higher up the pitch and keep possession better. In the end Swansea had more possession than us over the 90 minutes.

Saying that, perhaps tiredness after Tbilsi was an issue, and in fairness they didn't threaten our goal that much (did they? Sometimes I lose track of chances in the second half of games.)

Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Rose, Townsend, Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho, Chadli, Soldado.

4 new players plus Rose and Townsend, the team is still learning to play together. If they can get two wins without having much playing/training time together think how it could gel for the rest of the season.

What makes you say that?

I like him (who doesn't after his debut goal) and he's talented with the potential to get better. Right now though, if he's first choice, I think he's the weakest link.

We'll talk after the Arsenal game. Today he (Rose) looked the part.

Back