• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea City OMT***

There might not be anything in the rules, but refs are human beings. Once a player gets a reputation referees give them less, it's been done time and time again.

Also, I'm not just talking about him 'winning' a foul/making the most of contact etc He has on a least a few occasions I've seen just flat out dived. He needs to be careful, he will get a reputation if he carries on....

I think as from yesterday he could get 'tarred' like Bale did. I think he may well have to be shot to get a penalty in the next few weeks.

I think as from yesterday he could get 'tarred' like Bale did. I think he may well have to be shot to get a penalty in the next few weeks.
Hope you're wrong mate, but you could well be right. Yesterday's incident has been highlighted in a few programmes already and if he gets called out with one or two more of these he will definitely be getting similar treatment....

Alli has been going down very easy for some time now

He is a product of the premier league generation and knows it as the norm

Hazard goes down easy but actually falls in a lump and wins a lot from it for example

Going down on contact isn't unusual... it's how you fall that makes a difference

I'm not going to defend Alli's diving, but it's part of his game, his mean side that sometimes show up, and it usually shows up when he's having a good game because he's pumped up and aggressive (like yesterday). We don't want him to get a reputation for diving obviously, so he should try to shake it at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. How many pens didn't Bale get his last season that he should've gotten because he'd got the rep as a diver? Probably 3-4 or maybe even more.

I just want to re-iterate what a good game I thought we had yesterday. Ok, so Swansea were brick, but they haven't been stuffed this good all season (3-0 would've been their biggest defeat of the season), and we kept on trying and being aggressive even when leading comfortably. Sissoko came on and created more chances for us than anyone today (4) according to some Twitter statistic I saw - so credit to him for getting some criticism, but then working hard, getting on as a sub and doing a job (contrary to what you'd think he'd do based on his reputation). We were aggressive from the first whistle, got in their faces, kept churning, won pretty much every second ball and just kept at it even at 3-0. The Spurs from last season again for me (like we saw first half vs Chelski), and that deserves some credit after the poor spell we've had.

And we were counter attacking again! That 3-0 goal was class, some lovely quick passing from Eriksen and Alli, and a great run from Son, thumping finish from Kane. It's great to have Harry back. Well done, lads, thoroughly enjoyed last night!

The best thing about yesterday was that the press seemed to be back and effective again. We bullied Swansea and deservedly battered them. As one sided a game as I've seen us play in a long time.

A lot has been made about Eriksen and Kane getting the goals, but for me a major part of it was Alli looking like the player he was last season. He, alongside Dembele and Eriksen, has been poor this season but yesterday was a reminder of what they all can do. Only shame was the dive. Sorry but I won't tolerate other opinions about this, it is cheating, it is disgusting, it deserves to be called out and he deserves every bit of stick he gets for it. You'd go apebrick if another player did that against us, so why make excuses for our own players. Don't want to see anything of the sort from Tottenham players.

But I don't feel we got "lucky" in any way with that penalty. Yes it's the first goal and yes it changes Swansea's tactics. But you can't argue with the facts - 28 shots on goal Vs their one shot which was blocked. They also should have been down to 10 men within the first 10 minutes of the match (not really sure why MOTD didn't pick up on that).

Swansea are a poor side, but let's not make a mistake, you need empathic wins against the dross from time to time, if nothing else to improve our goal difference. We're now only one behind City and three behind Liverpool, whereas we were eight behind City and nine behind Liverpool going into the weekend.

I've noticed that Alli dives/play acts a lot, and am surprised it hasn't really been picked up on before. Might start to get scrutinised a bit more now....

He certainly created the moment but what about some credit for making the run and being determined to try and make anything happen? WTF is Naughton doing getting close to a man running diagonally across the box away from goal?! The tool! Alli is a top-drawer player with some edge. The truth is we aren't used to them!!!! The amount of times I have wished Eriksen would run back across some idiot who then has to choose to let him go or try to challenge!!!!!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Oh and yes, it happened again

The blokes sat next to me, leave before HT to beat the queue for drinks and miss Son's cracker, come back 10 mins after the break missing Kane's 2nd, then go early and miss Eriksens 2nd.

So we win 5-0 and all they see is the penalty and Eriksen's scrappy 1st, and miss 3 belters. Some people....

Oh and yes, it happened again

The blokes sat next to me, leave before HT to beat the queue for drinks and miss Son's cracker, come back 10 mins after the break missing Kane's 2nd, then go early and miss Eriksens 2nd.

So we win 5-0 and all they see is the penalty and Eriksen's scrappy 1st, and miss 3 belters. Some people....

I remember we beat West Ham 4-0. We scored two of the goals in the first 10-15 mins of the game and goals 3 and 4 in the last 10 mins or so. One guy near me missed all of the goals as he arrive late and left early.

I remember we beat West Ham 4-0. We scored two of the goals in the first 10-15 mins of the game and goals 3 and 4 in the last 10 mins or so. One guy near me missed all of the goals as he arrive late and left early.

Yes, that happened to a guy and his son that were sat next to me at that game too

Back