• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol OMT ***

At the risk of sounding like a horny housewife, WIDTH! I just want some WIDTH!

Lennon and Bale in their pomp stretched teams and made the pitch wide. But this isn't AVBs plan. The players need to adapt and learn and make more of the opportunities around the box. Lamela is displaying a confidence no one else is tonight. I don't see a belief in a lot of the that they will score

Even the commentators have wised up to this Spurs team:

Nothing on the left, turning back inside nearly every time
Pedestrian passing that allow the defence to regroup
Defoe the only one in the box against 7 defenders
Speculative long shots
Eventually one of our dribblers gets tackled in the box and the ref may or may not give a penalty

All very strange... I think Lamela is a beautiful player, sublime skills in tight situations, should have had a penalty
Also I think Capoue has done very well, breaking forward well when nobody else has the brain or guts to do it

Disappointed by Eriksen, I guess he is just stuck in the centre with 21 other players crowding around him when he gets it
Can't believe I'm going to say it... but... maybe Harry Kane really will put the bull in the china shop and cause a rebound / chance / goal

I think so. Both look good tonight. Still, their keeper has hardly made a save. Would like us to press forward even more, but when we do we look a bit dodgy at the back? Eriksen looks well off the pace.

I enjoyed the half but that is a good quote.

Lennon and Bale in their pomp stretched teams and made the pitch wide. But this isn't AVBs plan. The players need to adapt and learn and make more of the opportunities around the box. Lamela is displaying a confidence no one else is tonight. I don't see a belief in a lot of the that they will score

And it's worth noting there were plenty of games where Bale and Lennon and all their tremendous girth failed to break them down....and people bemoaned the lack of guile and creativity.

No absolutes in football.

I am really, really struggling to spot what's wrong all the time these days - the crushing lack of space in the middle, moves breaking now, how we NEVER find the channels, never seem to get round the back, meh width. It's so odd.

Lamela at last showing what kind of player he can can be. Terrific effort from him, more please.

Perhaps, but I wish AVB wouldn't be quite so single-minded. It's just very one-dimensional - why limit yourself to such an extent on a single style of play? All of our most dangerous moments have come from getting wide and towards the byline (including our one good chance).

I am really, really struggling to spot what's wrong all the time these days - the crushing lack of space in the middle, moves breaking now, how we NEVER find the channels, never seem to get round the back, meh width. It's so odd.

Lamela at last showing what kind of player he can can be. Terrific effort from him, more please.

We don't pass the play quick enough. Lots of player dwelling on the ball or dribbling with it.

Really simple - get closer to each other - then pass and move.

When out wide, we don't always provide support and runners. When we did we created.

This is the Spurs we have to live with now. Remember when we would score a goal and feel pure celebration..............now when we score (if we score at all) its instead met with relief. Its the same every game. Nothing is changing.

We can also suck them onto us. When they get possession they commit men forward - suck them in, defend, and counter.

Last edited:
Back