• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol OMT ***

Is this commentator Sam Matterface? If so, as it is Movember, you should all read this and feel your nuts (as though you aren't already anyway)

It was a fairy tale – or as close as you’d find in the unromantic world of sports: for years, Sam Matterface and Natalie Sawyer sat side-by-side as presenters of Sky Sports News. Then, in 2009, co-presenter Mike ‘Stevo’ Stephenson congratulated them live on air on their engagement – much to the surprise of everyone.
But the couple were about to get some far more shocking news: Sam was suffering from testicular cancer. Like many men faced with the diagnosis, his major concern was that he might never be able to have a child with his fiancee – now wife – Natalie.
But today, after successful treatment, this story has a happy ending. They are proud parents to a son, Sawyer, born in October 2010.
‘Doctors assured me having one testicle wouldn’t affect my fertility,’ says Sam. ‘But you still worry. So when, a few months after I had surgery, Natalie told me that she might be pregnant, I was overjoyed and very relieved.’
Sam is speaking for the first time about the experience as part of Movember, the charity that every November encourages men to grow moustaches to raise funds and awareness for male cancers.
About 2,100 British men are diagnosed with testicular cancer every year, and it kills 70.
When caught early, it is often curable – but one in five diagnoses happen once the cancer is advanced and has spread, making it harder to treat.
Sam, 34, says: ‘We men are always rearranging ourselves – but there is a big difference between that and actually knowing what is going on, what things should feel like. Men should go to their GP if they have concerns. It won’t be a wasted trip.’
Sam, now a football commentator on talkSport, lives with Natalie, 33, in Brentford, West London.
While Sam already had a daughter, Beth, 12, from an earlier relationship, he knew Natalie was keen to become a mother and they planned to start a family soon after their marriage.
But it was shortly after their engagement that Sam’s problems began. ‘I used to jog with a colleague but I couldn’t keep up any more,’ he recalls. ‘Also, I was used to sitting in the studio for hours but suddenly I couldn’t get comfortable.
‘There was severe pain in my lower abdomen just above my groin – I would be hunched over in agony – and my right testicle felt as if it was pulsating. I couldn’t feel anything abnormal but it was an incredibly odd sensation.
‘I also had a constant urge to pee. Until then, I was healthy. I ate well, worked out four times a week, didn’t drink much and had never smoked. I felt embarrassed going to the doctor, but I had a feeling it was serious.’
His GP gave him a course of antibiotics, saying it was probably a urinary tract infection. But when the pain persisted, Sam returned.
Again his doctor insisted there was nothing sinister but as a precaution, referred him for a scan on his right testicle. ‘When I saw the image, I thought, “There’s a lump there and it doesn’t look right.” But the radiographer told me to stop peering round at the screen,’ he recalls.
His GP said it was probably a cyst. ‘I voiced my fears about cancer, but he told me that out of the 3,500 people he saw each year at his surgery, only one was ever diagnosed with testicular cancer. I felt reassured.’
Weeks later, he was still in agony. ‘I was in so much pain, it was excruciating,’ he says. The following Monday he returned once again to his GP, who this time referred him to a urology clinic.
Doctors there told him there was a high chance it may be cancer. ‘
I freaked out,’ says Sam. ‘I rushed out and rang my best friend Pete in a panic. He let me talk, then said, “You’ve got another one, haven’t you?” I just started laughing.’
After further blood tests, Sam was advised to undergo surgery to remove the testicle without delay. ‘I wanted to go ahead. It was a gamble but Natalie said she was behind me every step of the way,’ he says. ‘All I thought about was the chance of me becoming infertile. I knew how much she wanted a baby. It was hard for both of us.’
The operation was booked a few days later and, in between, the couple visited Imperial College for Endocrinology in Hammersmith, West London, to store Sam’s sperm – although the risk of infertility from surgery alone is low, this is routinely advised.
A few days later he had the operation, which took an hour under general anaesthetic and involved cutting the lower abdomen and removing the testicle.
Sam was due to present Sky Sports News the morning after his operation, but was admitted to West Middlesex Hospital overnight after an adverse reaction to the anaesthetic. ‘I was still back on air after only a few days. I wore a jacket and tie above the desk, but underneath I was wearing comfortable tracksuit bottoms. I was very sore for a while.’
A week later, at a follow-up appointment, he was told that his testicle had shown grade-one cancer, meaning it had not spread.
‘I had my three-year CT scan last week and so far, so good. I haven’t given the loss of my testicle any thought and I don’t feel any less of a man,’ says Sam. ‘We had agreed if Natalie got pregnant that would be great, but we didn’t really think about it after that. We’d just been on holiday in Vegas, arranging our wedding, when Natalie said she thought her period was late.
‘A couple of days later, she bought a pregnancy test and we did it together. The blue line appeared straight away. We were stunned but absolutely delighted

Is this commentator Sam Matterface? If so, as it is Movember, you should all read this and feel your nuts (as though you aren't already anyway)

It was a fairy tale – or as close as you’d find in the unromantic world of sports: for years, Sam Matterface and Natalie Sawyer sat side-by-side as presenters of Sky Sports News. Then, in 2009, co-presenter Mike ‘Stevo’ Stephenson congratulated them live on air on their engagement – much to the surprise of everyone.
But the couple were about to get some far more shocking news: Sam was suffering from testicular cancer. Like many men faced with the diagnosis, his major concern was that he might never be able to have a child with his fiancee – now wife – Natalie.
But today, after successful treatment, this story has a happy ending. They are proud parents to a son, Sawyer, born in October 2010.
‘Doctors assured me having one testicle wouldn’t affect my fertility,’ says Sam. ‘But you still worry. So when, a few months after I had surgery, Natalie told me that she might be pregnant, I was overjoyed and very relieved.’
Sam is speaking for the first time about the experience as part of Movember, the charity that every November encourages men to grow moustaches to raise funds and awareness for male cancers.
About 2,100 British men are diagnosed with testicular cancer every year, and it kills 70.
When caught early, it is often curable – but one in five diagnoses happen once the cancer is advanced and has spread, making it harder to treat.
Sam, 34, says: ‘We men are always rearranging ourselves – but there is a big difference between that and actually knowing what is going on, what things should feel like. Men should go to their GP if they have concerns. It won’t be a wasted trip.’
Sam, now a football commentator on talkSport, lives with Natalie, 33, in Brentford, West London.
While Sam already had a daughter, Beth, 12, from an earlier relationship, he knew Natalie was keen to become a mother and they planned to start a family soon after their marriage.
But it was shortly after their engagement that Sam’s problems began. ‘I used to jog with a colleague but I couldn’t keep up any more,’ he recalls. ‘Also, I was used to sitting in the studio for hours but suddenly I couldn’t get comfortable.
‘There was severe pain in my lower abdomen just above my groin – I would be hunched over in agony – and my right testicle felt as if it was pulsating. I couldn’t feel anything abnormal but it was an incredibly odd sensation.
‘I also had a constant urge to pee. Until then, I was healthy. I ate well, worked out four times a week, didn’t drink much and had never smoked. I felt embarrassed going to the doctor, but I had a feeling it was serious.’
His GP gave him a course of antibiotics, saying it was probably a urinary tract infection. But when the pain persisted, Sam returned.
Again his doctor insisted there was nothing sinister but as a precaution, referred him for a scan on his right testicle. ‘When I saw the image, I thought, “There’s a lump there and it doesn’t look right.” But the radiographer told me to stop peering round at the screen,’ he recalls.
His GP said it was probably a cyst. ‘I voiced my fears about cancer, but he told me that out of the 3,500 people he saw each year at his surgery, only one was ever diagnosed with testicular cancer. I felt reassured.’
Weeks later, he was still in agony. ‘I was in so much pain, it was excruciating,’ he says. The following Monday he returned once again to his GP, who this time referred him to a urology clinic.
Doctors there told him there was a high chance it may be cancer. ‘
I freaked out,’ says Sam. ‘I rushed out and rang my best friend Pete in a panic. He let me talk, then said, “You’ve got another one, haven’t you?” I just started laughing.’
After further blood tests, Sam was advised to undergo surgery to remove the testicle without delay. ‘I wanted to go ahead. It was a gamble but Natalie said she was behind me every step of the way,’ he says. ‘All I thought about was the chance of me becoming infertile. I knew how much she wanted a baby. It was hard for both of us.’
The operation was booked a few days later and, in between, the couple visited Imperial College for Endocrinology in Hammersmith, West London, to store Sam’s sperm – although the risk of infertility from surgery alone is low, this is routinely advised.
A few days later he had the operation, which took an hour under general anaesthetic and involved cutting the lower abdomen and removing the testicle.
Sam was due to present Sky Sports News the morning after his operation, but was admitted to West Middlesex Hospital overnight after an adverse reaction to the anaesthetic. ‘I was still back on air after only a few days. I wore a jacket and tie above the desk, but underneath I was wearing comfortable tracksuit bottoms. I was very sore for a while.’
A week later, at a follow-up appointment, he was told that his testicle had shown grade-one cancer, meaning it had not spread.
‘I had my three-year CT scan last week and so far, so good. I haven’t given the loss of my testicle any thought and I don’t feel any less of a man,’ says Sam. ‘We had agreed if Natalie got pregnant that would be great, but we didn’t really think about it after that. We’d just been on holiday in Vegas, arranging our wedding, when Natalie said she thought her period was late.
‘A couple of days later, she bought a pregnancy test and we did it together. The blue line appeared straight away. We were stunned but absolutely delighted

Prognosis is usually very good if it is caught early.

Is AVB really not seeing what we are seeing about creating chances? and im not just talking about this game. A one off if fine - its normal. Not a running number of games. hmmmmmmmm.

Back