• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*******TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT**********************

In fairness though steff if you look at the game we were awful in the first half. The attacking stats were as a result of our desperation to get back in the game and Saudi Sportswashing Machine's natural retreat at the prospect of three unexpected points.

Im not taking the second half as a positive as I dont believe we will play like that or be allowed to play like that against either Manchester club.

We have had 15 months of this sort of performance if we are honest. Cliche as it is, the difference last season and this is a certain Real Madrid player. I don't see that changing soon.

You were shocking first half, we should have been 3 up after 20 minutes.

another poor performance after a europa cup match, we drop points immediately after a tourno we dont want to be in, end up finishing 5th and play in same crap cup the next year, rinse and repeat, look at liverpool playing with no euro distractions,

another poor performance after a europa cup match, we drop points immediately after a tourno we dont want to be in, end up finishing 5th and play in same crap cup the next year, rinse and repeat, look at liverpool playing with no euro distractions,

Pardew today saying all teams that play on Thursday in EL should play the next Premier League game on the Monday night, think he has a fair point.

Sigh. Another day, another 'miracle' goalkeeper. The funny thing is, we actually created chances today.

'If' things had gone in isn't the point. The point is that we have slipped further behind the top, further behind the far more fluid-looking Liverpool and the more experienced Chelsea (despite them fecking drawing at West Brom). Today was a day of missed chances, and yet another team coming to the Lane and frustrating us, one way or another.

Now, for what it's worth, AVB is currently still making a lot of mistakes you would expect a 'rookie' manager to make, and fair enough: he's young, and the benefits outweigh the negatives. But this comparison has to be made now: Liverpool hired Brendan Rodgers and, after a season of drift, he turned them into a fecking brilliant side to watch, smashing teams at will. We hired AVB at the same time, and in the space of a few weeks we've lost 3-0 to West Ham at home, 1-0 to Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home and have scored fewer goals than the number of matches we've played. I think it would be beneficial to see where exactly those differences spring from: is it Rodgers changing his formation to accommodate more attacking players? If so, why doesn't AVB do that? Is it Rodgers' high tempo passing game? Why don't we do that? Is it just because Liverpool managed to keep Suarez? If so, that still doesn't excuse the fact that we spent a cool 100 million quid on players and have a better squad than they do yet play far worse than even Suarez-less Liverpool did.

For the team's sake I hope they snap out of this passing stupor soon, else there will be questions about the viability of spending 100 million pounds on a team that surrenders games and the initiative this easily. And taking Remy on loan looks like better business at this point than spending 26 million on Soldado, which is less his fault and more symptomatic of our current woes in passing more than twice in succession to the same coloured shirt and shooting anywhere the bloody keeper isn't (Les Ferdinand, take a damn bow, 'striker coach'.)

Sigh. We've fallen further behind. Again. And I'm not sure who to pin this on, or whether to write it off as 'bad luck' (As some were suggesting after the West Ham debacle). AVB? The team? The Europa League? Brad? The man who decided to buy Soldado over Benteke or Remy, whoever he may be? Dunno.

5 points cover the top 7.

Disappointing as today was, league positions at this stage do not really mean a whole lot.

We're still at the stage of the season where one win can catapult a team 3 or 4 places, so no need for despair just yet! We're still well in touch and no-one wins anything in November.

The first wobble (for me) was seeing Brad in goal.
For me, Sandro is absolutely in the side week in, week out.
I was disappointed when AVB brought Defoe on, as I felt Lamela was absolutely the man to unlock today
Finally, I think Andros needs a rest. This was his least effective performance of the season.

Hi Steff, these are all the same points others are making.

Their conclusion is that AVB picked the wrong team, made the wrong substitution and is not getting the players to play well enough yet again.

Your conclusion is that AVB picked the wrong team, made the wrong substitution and is learning from his mistakes and will soon get things to click.

I really want AVB to be the right man, he has so many qualities that I want the Spurs manager to have... but my faith in him changing his ways, changing the team shape and style... that is waning now.

I don't want him out, but I want him to change things and he keeps failing to change things again and again and again and again and again and again again and again and ...

and used up 3 seasons worth of luck in 45 mins too

They were lucky second half marky. Second half they didnt even attempt to press us and we let them off the hook with our finishing.

Have a horrible feeling that city are going to expose us in a couple of weeks though.

They were lucky second half marky. Second half they didnt even attempt to press us and we let them off the hook with our finishing.

Have a horrible feeling that city are going to expose us in a couple of weeks though.

The city game will be very interesting as I believe it will be two sides scared to lose after these latest round of results.....

have to say I will probably give this forum a holiday and return after the game......just feel at such a low ebb atm. I know I shouldn't but look where we could be if we had won to very winnable games at home that we lost.......

I back AVB but he has some work/thinking to do over the break......the people complaining make good points....as do those saying just calm down a bit.......I think wanting AVB out is silly but perhaps he is over complicating things. PLAY your best players.....ie Lamela.......if inverted wingers does not work then switch it up........Sig is not a lm....why cant we see Sandro & Holtby cm who would compliment each other well...........Ade needs to come back into the fold to give us more options.....just get him back integrated AVB.......

oh I dunno there is blatantly some over-reacting going on (by me aswell) but with a bit more common sense we could have been sitting very pretty in the league....playing el is not an excuse imo............

At least arry's teams flew out of the traps........we are being reactive atm rather than proactive.....

Have a horrible feeling that city are going to expose us in a couple of weeks though.[/QUOTE]

I know we seem to play better away right noe, but I agree, the next match at City could be grim viewing and we could be cut adrift from the Top 7 by the time we vist Fulham

I do not think we will be in the europa league next season.

5 points cover the top 7.

Disappointing as today was, league positions at this stage do not really mean a whole lot.

We're still at the stage of the season where one win can catapult a team 3 or 4 places, so no need for despair just yet! We're still well in touch and no-one wins anything in November.

But its very likely that after the next 2 games we will be 7 points adrift of the top 4, with rock bottom confidence going into the Fulham away game. Lose that and we could be dead and buried this side of christmas.

But its very likely that after the next 2 games we will be 7 points adrift of the top 4, with rock bottom confidence going into the Fulham away game. Lose that and we could be dead and buried this side of christmas.

Lose to Fulham as well and we will deserve to be

Pardew today saying all teams that play on Thursday in EL should play the next Premier League game on the Monday night, think he has a fair point.

Two problems with that. It's either a league cup game the following week or an international break.

I have a sneaking feeling that, come the end of the season, this game will be looked back upon as this season's 'when top 4 was lost' moment.

Back