• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*******TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT**********************

I have a sneaking feeling that, come the end of the season, this game will be looked back upon as this season's 'when top 4 was lost' moment.

and not losing to west ham 3-0 at home?

losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1-0 at home when an opposing keeper has a ****ing blinder is not a "when a top 4 was lost" moment, it's a "happens every year" moment. Arsenal, Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool will all get these games, it happens... but losing at home 0-3 to West Ham? ****. At least we created a **** load of chances in this match

Nothing to do with Europa FFS how many players played on Thursday??? FFS hate the excuses being given to this inept management by AVB - he's got two f****ng XIs both good enough to finish in the top 6 - our Europa team on Thursday is better on paper than Southamptons first XI in almost every position!

But they're playing better and are higher in the table!

Emirates Marketing Project bought a lot of new players and are learning a new style. They're struggling away but at least they're smashing teams at home. I'd be more confident of them improving results wise as their general play is better. Whereas if anything our points flatter our general play and we have got wins with dodgy penalties and last minute goals

Nothing to do with Europa FFS how many players played on Thursday??? FFS hate the excuses being given to this inept management by AVB - he's got two f****ng XIs both good enough to finish in the top 6 - our Europa team on Thursday is better on paper than Southamptons first XI in almost every position!

But they're playing better and are higher in the table!

Emirates Marketing Project bought a lot of new players and are learning a new style. They're struggling away but at least they're smashing teams at home. I'd be more confident of them improving results wise as their general play is better. Whereas if anything our points flatter our general play and we have got wins with dodgy penalties and last minute goals

Nearly all our attacking players are new. Bar Siggy today none of them played here last season including Andros. It's obvious to me that they are not yet completely I sync with one another's movements and for whatever reasons it's not quite clicking yet.

City have Silva, Dzeko, Aguero, Nasri, all familiar with one another and a lot more experienced than our attacking players so it's little wonder they are so cohesive.

Soton have a new manager but Lalana, Rodriguez, Lambert, Schneiderlin, Shaw, Clyne etc all know each other better than our lads do.

CL will be a hindrance though you'd feel.

We'd attract better players though. Eden Hazard said the only reason he didn't come to Spurs was we weren't in the CL. There's less games in the CL and you get to play on Saturdays which is a big advantage, puts pressure on us always playing catch up on Sundays. I don't blame fans for showing contempt for the competition when UEFA themselves do the same.

We'd attract better players though. Eden Hazard said the only reason he didn't come to Spurs was we weren't in the CL. There's less games in the CL and you get to play on Saturdays which is a big advantage, puts pressure on us always playing catch up on Sundays. I don't blame fans for showing contempt for the competition when UEFA themselves do the same.
Yea I think fatigue and mental tiredness are less of a factor when players absolutely live for those games in the CL. You heard Jenas in the Bale program talking about it being the most memorable experience.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24891081

Solid post match interview from AVB. Saying that we were unlucky to lose, but also recognizing and admitting that we weren't good enough in the first half. I like to see that, hopefully steps will be taken to avoid similar first halves in the future.

We are hardly ever good enough in the first half. Why hasn't the penny dropped till now? And why would you be confident that things might change from here on in?

I must say seeing the highlights on MOTD after having listened to the game on radio I feel a bit better; we really gave it a good go and Saudi Sportswashing Machine were hanging on from about the 50th min. Only me seeing the highlights and the chances created (compared to listening on the radio) gave me the better impression of the chances created.

Still, why can't we do that from the off??!! And why oh why wasn't Lamela introduced instead of Defoe???

We are hardly ever good enough in the first half. Why hasn't the penny dropped till now? And why would you be confident that things might change from here on in?

Because last year despite losing Modric, VdV, King etc, we started slowly and ended up with a record points total. Granted Bale was a different animal last year but he's kept us close to the top 4 again with a new look side who are still learning. What is key is that they don't lose sight of the bigger goal and realising there may be an immediate pain but it will be for the long term benefit of the club.

AVB has shown plenty to suggest he learns from mistakes so acknowledging it is always a positive step.

I must say seeing the highlights on MOTD after having listened to the game on radio I feel a bit better; we really gave it a good go and Saudi Sportswashing Machine were hanging on from about the 50th min. Only me seeing the highlights and the chances created (compared to listening on the radio) gave me the better impression of the chances created.

Still, why can't we do that from the off??!! And why oh why wasn't Lamela introduced instead of Defoe???

That's what really frustrates me about today

and not losing to west ham 3-0 at home?

losing to Saudi Sportswashing Machine 1-0 at home when an opposing keeper has a ****ing blinder is not a "when a top 4 was lost" moment, it's a "happens every year" moment. Arsenal, Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool will all get these games, it happens... but losing at home 0-3 to West Ham? ****. At least we created a ѕhіtload of chances in this match

Precisely, and didn't put a single one away. As for Krul's "blinder", see my earlier comments. We've been in the top 4 since losing to West Ham, so that could hardly be regarded in hindsight as the match in which it was lost. Are we capable of getting ourselves back up there after today? We'll see.

Last edited:
Funny thing is, if Soldado puts his header in, if Eriksen does the easy thing and scores and if Younes bundles that sitter over the line, 3-1 and I'll bet we see a cavalcade of comments about how AVB's 'attacking attitude' is 'what was needed' blah blah blah…

I would've done a few things differently today, but no-one can deny we had possession and we had chances…

By the way, to the geniuses who want to sack AVB, we are a point behind Chelsea and 5 points off the top. We haven't played especially well going forwards yet. We're above Emirates Marketing Project, who keep on losing the sort of games which would have people here suffering conniption fits…

But don't worry, I know some will have written this off as some 'happy pill don't-give-a-****-about-Spurs' rant…how sad it has to be like that…

You always make me feel better about things Steff.. Bless you.

Funny thing is, if Soldado puts his header in, if Eriksen does the easy thing and scores and if Younes bundles that sitter over the line, 3-1 and I'll bet we see a cavalcade of comments about how AVB's 'attacking attitude' is 'what was needed' blah blah blah…

I would've done a few things differently today, but no-one can deny we had possession and we had chances…

By the way, to the geniuses who want to sack AVB, we are a point behind Chelsea and 5 points off the top. We haven't played especially well going forwards yet. We're above Emirates Marketing Project, who keep on losing the sort of games which would have people here suffering conniption fits…

But don't worry, I know some will have written this off as some 'happy pill don't-give-a-****-about-Spurs' rant…how sad it has to be like that…

If Remy hadn't had a heavy touch when clean through, if Cabaye had squared it, we would have been 3-0 up at half time.

Virtually everyone on here can see it (and have said so) so why can't our supposed quick learning manager?

If Remy hadn't had a heavy touch when clean through, if Cabaye had squared it, we would have been 3-0 up at half time.

Can't really argue with that - although we may have had one if Soldado had headed in his clear chance from a corner.

Precisely, and didn't put a single one away. As for Krul's "blinder", see my earlier comments. We've been in the top 4 since losing to West Ham, so that could hardly be regarded in hindsight as the match in which it was lost. Are we capable of getting ourselves back up there after today? We'll see.

of course. aren't their like 27 games left?

I feel that today will be a big defeat for us in the long run. I think we really needed the 3 points going into the international break and then playing City/United back to back. Negative results or even two draws in those games leave us probably 7th/8th going into December where we have some tricky fixtures.

The Friedel selection highlighted another part of what I see as AVB's inflexible attitude at times, to tactics/formation. If Friedel is playing then we should not be trying to play with the same high line. It is unfair and unrealistic to expect him to play the same way that Lloris does and I feel that contributed to the goal indirectly although Paulinho was ultimately at fault. I thought at the time that had Lloris been playing that he would have at least forced Remy wider with his being off the line quicker - not faulting Friedel though as the defensive line will play as high as the manager wants them to.

Back