• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine - OMT (Spurs Edition) ***

i call this the ossie formation tm

.....................friedel..................................
walker.............king...................dawson
..........parker........modric............
lennon....................................bale
.........defoe...ade........saha.....

i call this the ossie formation tm

.....................friedel..................................
walker.............king...................dawson
..........parker........modric............
lennon....................................bale
.........defoe...ade........saha.....

Dawson at left back?

VDV just tweeted he won't be involved tomorrow.

The official site's confirmed it in the team news, I think. Not the best situation, but if it gives Defoe a chance, it'll have to do. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure Jermain's buzzing about the prospect of Harry getting the England job. Because if he did, he'd be guaranteed a place in the squad ,come rain or shine.

I think Adebayor needs a kick up the backside now. I feel that, not only are things not coming off for him lately, but he is also putting in less effort. Maybe he has become too comfortable, knowing he is gonna play every match, no matter how he does. Getting dropped to the bench might wake him up.
Of course, it could just be that he is lacking confidence. In that case, being dropped is probably the last thing he needs. Hard to tell what is the best thing to do though when we don't know the circumstances.
I think Defoe definitely should play when van der Vaart is out. Jermain has done the job when called upon this season. His goal scoring ratio is very good I think.

Lennon should probably return if fit. A bit harsh on Niko who did a great job at Anfield, but I think it gives the team a better balance. I would be prefectly happy if Niko started too though.

How is Kaboul still doubtful, didn't he finish the game against Wigan. Don't recall any problems there whatsoever.

How is Kaboul still doubtful, didn't he finish the game against Wigan. Don't recall any problems there whatsoever.

His knee swelled up post-game. If he's still a doubt for this i think i'd prefer to see him start on the bench. King and Dawson managed to crush whatever threat Liverpool had at Anfield and hopefully they would be able to do that against a better attacking force such as Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

==========================Brad
Walker=========Dawson==============King==============BAE
========================Livermore======================
=================Parker===========Modric================
===============Lennon======Ade=======Bale===============

Saudi Sportswashing Machine will definitely play 4-4-2. Lets go 4-3-3 and outnumber them. Use livermore and unleash modric in the free role.

Because danny rose offers so much to our overall play?

I don't think adebayor has been great, perhaps start saha with defoe though.

Adebayor does offer a lot to our all round play, usually - but the last few games he hasn't been doing that, he needs to be rested/dropped whatever you want to call it

Tomorrow's match is huge in the context of our season imo. We need to win and win well, for several reasons:

1) A chance to close the gap on the mancs and put more distance between ourselves and one of the top 4-chasing pack
2) sets us up nicely for the NLD in two weeks time
3) Keeps the media wolves from our door (i.e. none of this 'well is the England vacancy getting to the staff and the players, perhaps it's best for Spurs if Harry goes now bla, blah, blah)
4) Allows Harry to show the club and the world that when fully focused HE IS important to Spurs and our progress
5) Hopefully allows the media to look elsewhere for easy stories (e.g. if Liverpool and/or Arsenal lose on the same day)

I also think many of you are wrong about Adebayor. He is maybe not on top form BUT he IS trying and working for the team. From what I saw against Liverpool he sufffers big time from being isolated. If Defoe is fit, I'd start him against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We might see a totally different Adebayor then.

COYS

vdV is a big loss, as we saw against Liverpool. Now Lennon's back we should play as close to normal as possible, using Niko as a #10 (though interchanging with Bale):

---------Friedel

Walker--King--Dawson--BAE

-----Modric---Parker

Lennon---Krancjar<-->Bale

----------Ade

vdV is a big loss, as we saw against Liverpool. Now Lennon's back we should play as close to normal as possible, using Niko as a #10 (though interchanging with Bale):

---------Friedel

Walker--King--Dawson--BAE

-----Modric---Parker

Lennon---Krancjar<-->Bale

----------Ade

Cannot see the sense in playing Ade upfront on his own when he playing so badly in front of goal, makes no sense to me

We are at home and we should go 442

We can't drop Defoe. how does it look to him, droppin him and going with Ade and the 33 year-old Saha upfront? He'd be furious. No, we need to play him. Ade, however, has not been at his best. Still good, just not as effective as he was earlier in the campaign. A week's rest won't go amiss. So I hope we go with Saha and Defoe up front, with Ade coming on at half-time if it isn't working.

This

Defoe's goals with Ade
Wolves
Liverpool
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (after coming on for VDV)
Fulham (after coming on for VDV)
WBA (a)
Bolton
WBA (h)

VDV's goals with and Ade
Wigan
Arsenal (NOTE: All three played and JD had a major part in the build up to VDVs goal, with Ade assisting)
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (Penalty)
Blackburn (2)
QPR
Swansea

Ade's goals with VDV
Villa (2)
Stoke (Penalty)
Chelsea

Ade's goals with Defoe
Wolves (both scored)
Liverpool (both scored)
WBA (2 goals, and both scored)
Stoke (Penalty: Note, Defoe played 2nd half when penalty was conceded by Modric)

If both are off form, it makes sense to drop VDV.

imo

Great analysis topman - I mean totman

Back