• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabag FK OMT****

Wonder who we will have left to play CM if Dier, Dembele, Bentaleb, Mason are all out.
Carroll, Winks, Alli? Maybe Vertonghen if he really wants to continue with a DM with Wimmer coming in at CB

............................Lloris
.Walker.........Fazio.....Wimmer......Rose
............Alderweireld..Vertonghen

My main obsivation was how good Qarabag were. I had been told this from a Glasgow based Spurs - I think they will surprise many in the group.

Delli Alle was outstanding, only 19!
Son looks useful. Clint looked fine for his run out.
Carroll did well

Thought Harry was very good, different class when he came on.

Bit of a disjointed performance there, to say the least, three goals notwithstanding. Most of the first half, we looked like a random group of 11 fellers who didn't know each other that they'd just herded in off the street and given a ball to.

Alli was good again; Lamela was awful again; the rest looked ... meh, okayish.

New defence, new midfield and a new attack, might just have had something to do with "disjointed" performance. As a group they had not played a competitive game before and the opposition were no way near as poor as some thought.

Last edited:
Although we were not up against the best opposition (they weren't that bad either), there were a lot of key positives to take from this game imo:

- Our pressing game was excellent, and way too much for our opponent.
- We're finally starting to see traces of interplay between our attacking players.
- All of our summer signings (maybe except Trippier) look promising. They also look to be a good fit for our style and serve a purpose in the squad. I think Mitchell needs some credit here.
- Alli looks almost certain to be our next superstar. Finally we have a creative player other than Eriksen.
- We really looked prepared for an relatively unknown opponent. Poch's comments on their style of play beforehand was spot on. To me thos serves as evidence that we're finally taking this competition seriously. The "cup players" of this season look a lot more motivated than those of last season.

Wonder who we will have left to play CM if Dier, Dembele, Bentaleb, Mason are all out.
Carroll, Winks, Alli? Maybe Vertonghen if he really wants to continue with a DM with Wimmer coming in at CB
Toby and Alli is my guess. I doubt Dier is out though.

I think our team were very naive and over-zealous with the press. They all wanted to score and at times were not smart with the press, committing way too many players forward and at times into the wrong positions.

I hear some fans moaning about a disjointed performance last night ( which it was) but considering that most of the players were new to each other and mostly back up players that I do not understand why some fans expected better.

Qarabag are not a bad side and only conceded one goal to Celtic and hammered Young Boys 4-0 over two legs. Of course we should beat them but it was never going to be a walk in the park. Some good signs from Alli , Song ( 2 goals, not bad from a player who is not a striker "allegedly") Wimmer did well and the signs are looking promising.

I hear some fans moaning about a disjointed performance last night ( which it was) but considering that most of the players were new to each other and mostly back up players that I do not understand why some fans expected better.

Qarabag are not a bad side and only conceded one goal to Celtic and hammered Young Boys 4-0 over two legs. Of course we should beat them but it was never going to be a walk in the park. Some good signs from Alli , Song ( 2 goals, not bad from a player who is not a striker "allegedly") Wimmer did well and the signs are looking promising.

I think Qarabag will/can/should take points from the rest of the group games.

What a win! Pleasantly surprised to see new boys hitting the ground running. What is it with our debutant cbs giving away goals lol

I thought that Winks did enough last night to suggest that he is worth giving a chance to. Poch is meant to rate him too.

Happy with this win but it was not really a convincing performance. Was very disappointed we went a goal down so early. Fortunately for us, we managed to came back to win. But don't think we can get away with it all the time in Europe. I think we under estimated Qarabag who started exceptionally well. This proves we cannot take any teams lightly in Europe. Hope we will take all the EL matches seriously from now on.

Credit to Son and Lamela for the goals. It is encouraging to see Son scoring 2 goals so soon after joining us. Still not sure if he can score goals consistently but it will be very crucial for us until Kane scores again. Both goals were virtually tap-ins but credit to Son for being at the right place. He could have scored a hattrick but wasted a good chance to score in the 2nd half after being set up by Lamela. It was nice to see Lamela scoring his first goal for us this season. It as a well-taken goal as he expertly chipped the ball above the goalie into goal. Thought Lamela had a good game especially in the 2nd half. In fact, Lamela was one of our best players in the 2nd half as he was involved in a lot of actions. Apart from the goal, Lamela was unlucky not to score atleast 1 more goal. He had another shot hit the post, had a goal harshly ruled off side and he also created the chance for Son.

Credit also to Delli who had a good game. Despite being 19, he brilliantly set up the 2nd goal for Son. Townsend had a quiet game but he did create the first goal for Son with a good corner. Felt Kane should have started this game since he badly need a goal. Was really disappointed he failed to score again after coming on. But credit to Kane for assisting the goal for Lamela. Thought our midfield did fairly well even if Qarabag didn't test us much.

After keeping clean sheets in our 2 previous matches, was really annoyed we conceded the goal so early albeit via a penalty. It was stupid the way Trippier gave away the penalty. It could have been costly for us. We cannot afford to give away soft penalties like this in any matches. Hope our defence will be more alert in such situations. Apart from that, Rose's blunder almost gave Qarabag chance to score their 2nd goal when his soft header went to their player. Fortunately, Qarabag wasted that chance.

We should have won this match more comfortably. But performances are not really important in Cup matches as long as we win. Just hope we will do much better against Monaco and Anderlecht in coming matches.

Back