• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabag FK OMT****

Very encouraging from all of Alli, Son, Wimmer, Njie and Winks

Winks should be ahead of Carroll in the pecking order now for me, and maybe Njie ahead of Lamela and Townsend.

Tonight showed why I'm so looking forward to this years competition. Seeing Alli, Son gaining some confidence. Carroll, Winks, Wimmer, Trippier get some game time. Lamela given the opportunity to prove his worth again. This guy is so worth persisting with.

Lamela really is an enigma. How can he finish so well there (and well done for that), and yet have such a poor touch at other times.
To get any value out of him I think he needs to be in and around the box most of the time - which is difficult, as we have lot of #10/AMs. Anywhere else and he is a bit of a liability.

A very sloppy performance, loads of good moments and loads of stupid errors.

About 15 times they had 4 players streaming towards our terrified back line, that cannot be allowed to continue, they could have had a hatful with some clinical finishers.

Which is a bit worrying seeing as we had our natural holder playing! I thought the full backs were loose tbh.

I just watched Fox Sports with Brad Friedel co-commentating, and in the studio was Alexi Lalas, Warren Barton and some strange Clarence Seedorf impersonator talking rubbish... I just realised it was the 'famous' Mario Melchiot. Those guys talked for about 15 seconds each in total, adding up half time and full time, I wonder how much they got paid

I think we have to look at the team out there tonight before we offer up to much criticism. Other than Hugo, Toby and Eric it was a mixture of youngsters, new signings and players either returning from injury or poor form.
Add in that they are young and not played together to much and I think it explains the mix of good, bad and awful.

I just watched Fox Sports with Brad Friedel co-commentating, and in the studio was Alexi Lalas, Warren Barton and some strange Clarence Seedorf impersonator talking rubbish... I just realised it was the 'famous' Mario Melchiot. Those guys talked for about 15 seconds each in total, adding up half time and full time, I wonder how much they got paid

Friedel was interesting.

Said he still talks with Lloris, and he's firmly committed to the project.

Bigged up McDermott and Onomah a bit too.

Lamela really is an enigma. How can he finish so well there (and well done for that), and yet have such a poor touch at other times.
To get any value out of him I think he needs to be in and around the box most of the time - which is difficult, as we have lot of #10/AMs. Anywhere else and he is a bit of a liability.

When he plays down the right his touch looks horrid as when he comes inside he is always looking to play it with the outside of his left foot as he has literally no right foot.

Back