• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Maribor OMT ***

TEAM NEWS FOR MARIBOR:

Jake Livermore is fighting to be fit for tomorrow night’s Europa League match against NK Maribor.

The midfielder suffered an ankle injury in last week’s Capital One Cup tie at Norwich City, sidelining him for Saturday’s match against Wigan.

“Jake returned to training today (Wednesday) after the knock he picked up in the Norwich game,” reported Andre Villas-Boas.

“He is still showing some discomfort, but we’ve included him in the squad selection and we’ll decide tomorrow.”

Sandro is out after picking up a calf injury against Wigan, but Andre is hopeful the midfielder will recover for Sunday’s big Premier League clash at City. Mousa Dembele (hip) is also out.

Andre added that the longer-term injuries – Scott Parker, Younes Kaboul and Benoit Assou-Ekotto – all remain out, but they are ‘all making good recoveries’.

Which injury or illness will Adebayor have tomorrow night so he cant play

1, Thigh strain

2, Hamstring

3, Sore Heel

4, Blisters

5, Ebola

6, The bricks

7, Migraine

8, Flu

Which injury or illness will Adebayor have tomorrow night so he cant play

1, Thigh strain

2, Hamstring

3, Sore Heel

4, Blisters

5, Ebola

6, The bricks

7, Migraine

8, Flu

Told by the black lawyers that playing in such a minor match is discrimination.

Damm we really are done to bear bones aren't we?? How can we be competitive tomorrow and then turn around and be competitive again on Sunday against City with so many injuries??

Ade did not look an unhappy guy against Wigan and all the newspaper talk of his "unrest" is based on internet gossip. There have been no murmurs or "sources close to" quotes so I am reasonably confident the malaises have been genuine.
I am not so confident that he will start if fit

So AVB says the reason Defoe got taken off on saturday was that he was ill, why wait until 5 days after to come out with that, strange

After the truly abysmal and depressing Wigan result i can barely bring myself to go on this forum let alone get excited about this match but here we are on matchday and as a fan you always come back dont you.

We need to stop pussyfooting around and batter these lot and get some confidence going in our attacking play. AVB's tatics are too reserved at the moment and conisdering our defence isnt even that good we should just go for the jugular.

also players like sigg, dempsey, hudd need to start showing their qualities and get a grip of the game.

I would play

Lloris (and keep him in)

Naughton (and keep him in) Dawson Caulker Verts

Lennon Hudd sigg Bale
Ade dempsey

So AVB says the reason Defoe got taken off on saturday was that he was ill, why wait until 5 days after to come out with that, strange

Strange him saying that now. He had already justified it as a tactical ploy, or at least saying changing the formation wouldn't have made a difference.

-----------------Lloris--------------------
Walker---Dawson----Caulker----Naughton
----------Thudd------Carrol-----------------
--Falque--------Mason-----------Bale-------
-----------------Adebayor-------------------

Although I do want to give Sig games to find his feet still. Hmm prob Sig in for Mason then.

Although I do want to give Sig games to find his feet still. Hmm prob Sig in for Mason then.

This but Sig instead of free Mason and Hamilton instead of Bale.

That is looking like an extremely fragile central midfield. We underestimated Maribor before (or rather, we overestimated ourselves) and suffered a late reverse. We can't do that again.

Although having said that, I'm failing to see any other options there. Sigh.

-------------- Lloris
Naughton - Dawson - Caulker - Vertonghen
------ Hudd - Sandro - Carroll
Falque ------- Ade --- Dempsey

A bit like the lopsided 4-4-2 we played with Modric on the left, hopefully we can get Dempsey more involved.

-------------- Lloris
Naughton - Dawson - Caulker - Vertonghen
------ Hudd - Sandro - Carroll
Falque ------- Ade --- Dempsey

A bit like the lopsided 4-4-2 we played with Modric on the left, hopefully we can get Dempsey more involved.

Sandro is out isn't he?

Back